It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump signs proclamation for National Pearl Harbor Day

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   
THAT BASTARD!!

First Jerusalem and now this, does he have no shame. Doesn't he know a career politician doesn't do these kind of things..

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
What about national Hiroshima and Nagasaki day? I kid I kid. I think this is a great thing to do.

We has lost thousands of American lives in the South Pacific in a war we didn't start. We were attacked unprovoked AND no one really understood the implications of a nuclear bomb at the time.

Oh yes they did:

www.englishclub.com...

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Not really, no. Presidents use proclamations to recognize all sorts of things from holidays to special events to honoring a specific group for something. Memorial Day, Veterans Day, etc usually all get a proclamation of some sort or another.

So yes it's a "crowd pleaser" of sorts, but it's really just an official statement about something.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6
I thought presidents do stuff like this every year?

Is this not like the same thing as when Congress honors or inducts some athlete in the hall of fame or something?

(post by badw0lf removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: badw0lf

Lol I know I thought it was really funny when the OP tried to act like Trump was doing something new and different too. I'm glad you got the joke!

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: rickymouse

The difference is really only in the wording from year to year.

NOW, THEREFORE, I, BARACK OBAMA, President of the United States of America, do hereby proclaim December 7, 2013, as National Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day. I encourage all Americans to observe this solemn day of remembrance and to honor our military, past and present, with appropriate ceremonies and activities. I urge all Federal agencies and interested organizations, groups, and individuals to fly the flag of the United States at half-staff this December 7 in honor of those American patriots who died as a result of their service at Pearl Harbor.

That's from a multi-paragraph paper Obama signed in 2013 for his Pearl Harbor Remembrance proclamation.

I imagine Trump's proclamation will sound pretty similar.

Or not...

Trump 2017: "As six Pearl Harbor veterans stood by his side, President Trump signed a presidential proclamation from the White House Thursday recognizing December 7 as National Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day. One of the survivors of the surpise attack, Michael Ganitch, who was also wearing a bright Hawaiian shirt for the occasion, broke out into song with 'Remember Pearl Harbor' during the president's remarks.
'What can I say? Wow that was good -- he's a very shy person too,' Mr. Trump joked as Ganitch finished the song."

Obama 2016: "President Barack Obama will not be attending this week’s ceremonies for the 75th anniversary of the attack on Pearl Harbor, but he did sign a proclamation marking Dec. 7 of each year as “National Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day."

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Lol I know I thought it was really funny when the OP tried to act like Trump was doing something new and different too. I'm glad you got the joke!

Oh the irony is not lost on me

But who is at fault? The msm are reporting when Trump farts, everything is news worthy to the worthless news. The waiver showed me that some things were kept under the rug to halt 0pposition to them by previous administrations. Trump made it very public and now its an open topic.

This? I dont blame the OP. It is a good thing worthy of note, even if a rote act.

I blame the main stream mania that are pushing saturation Trump news items at every turn, for only god knows why.. fascination? dunno.. but the chaff sure is flying thick.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   

You really need to pay attention to context, bub. If you had any concept of it, you'd have understood that I was answering a question about what a proclamation is.

If Trump wants to make a photo-op out of signing the proclamation, good on him.

And, before you get yourself all spun up in an effort to protect...what was it you called him...oh yea "the evil orange cheeto moron," I don't hate Trump. I'm just not going to give him credit for doing something that's "been a long time coming" when others have done it before him. Point of fact, I heartily applauded him for his honoring of the Navajo Windtalkers.

Find another tree to bark up

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie
a reply to: silo13

What about a Midway day-to celebrate the greatest air battle of all time?

Pearl Harbor day? bah.

'OK so we need a new national holiday, any ideas?'

'How about we celebrate the time that thousands died because Japan kicked our ass in one attack?

'yeah let's go with that.'

Ah humanity-no wonder alien species don't want to contact us, but I shouldn't be one to throw stones at glass houses as I celebrate Star Wars day; May the fourth be with you.

Ahhh there is the anticipated, yet somehow not as loaded, comment.

bit strange to equate ww2 with star wars.. oh well.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   

This has been a LONG TIME COMING!

Obama signed one last year so....?

Suc h a long time ago.

Who gives a snip.

He's currently running around calling Trump hitler and saying millions are going to die.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

This has been a LONG TIME COMING!

Obama signed one last year so....?

Suc h a long time ago.

Who gives a snip.

He's currently running around calling Trump hitler and saying millions are going to die.

And Trump is proving it.
Anyone can play that word game. How did we lose the topic of this proclamation? I was finding it interesting until this partisan crap popped up.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Who gives a snip.

Probably the smartest thing you've had to say in a while. Who gives a snip indeed that Trump did something other people have done.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   

ahh.. ok. bag him when it is reported that he does something you all think is new, but is actually 22 years old. And bag him when it is reported that he does something presidents do anyway, right.

Nice cake Bub, gonna eat it too?

like i said, the irony is not lost on me.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I can't wait until he proclaims December 25th Christmas.

He also proclaimed Thanksgiving, bless his heart.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   

ps - the evil orange cheeto moron, is not mine. I stole it from someone on here. I stole the small hands bit too.

i am not too original at 5am

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   

STOP

That's enough of the political trolling.

This is NOT the Mud Pit.

If you insist on acting like it is, you will no longer be posting here.

Do not reply to this post.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96 I don't think he has said either of those things. But ya keep telling yourself that lol thank you for the laugh

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   
never mind
edit on 7-12-2017 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: Metallicus

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
What about national Hiroshima and Nagasaki day? I kid I kid. I think this is a great thing to do.

We has lost thousands of American lives in the South Pacific in a war we didn't start. We were attacked unprovoked AND no one really understood the implications of a nuclear bomb at the time.

Oh yes they did:

www.englishclub.com...

Oppenheimer was a bit late to the game.

Szilard suddenly came up with the answer in September 1933 - the chain reaction - while watching the traffic lights turn green in Russell Square in London. He wrote: "It suddenly occurred to me that if we could find an element which is split by neutrons and which would emit two neutrons when it absorbed one neutron, such an element, if assembled in sufficiently large mass, could sustain a nuclear chain reaction."

In that eureka moment, Szilard also felt great fear - of how a bustling city like London and all its inhabitants could be destroyed in an instant as he reflected in his memoir published in 1968: "Knowing what it would mean - and I knew because I had read HG Wells - I did not want this patent to become public."

www.bbc.co.uk...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join