It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump signs proclamation for National Pearl Harbor Day

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Live: Trump signs proclamation for Pearl Harbor Day

President Trump signs a presidential proclamation for National Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day December 7, 2017 at 2:15 p.m. ET.

Thursday is the 76th anniversary of the attacks against the Hawaii naval base. National Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day marks the anniversary of the Japanese aerial attack on the U.S. naval base Pearl Harbor in Hawaii. The attack killed more than 2,300 servicemen. I

n response, the United States and the United Kingdom declared war against Japan the following day.

This has been a LONG TIME COMING!

Thank you President Trump for standing up for our veterans once again!
Sorry for the poor quality on the last one.

peace
edit on 5628Thursday201713 by silo13 because: vid add

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   
What about national Hiroshima and Nagasaki day? I kid I kid. I think this is a great thing to do.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Maybe he will!
I sure hope so!

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13

I doubt the Japanese will make that a holiday.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

No, but a day of remeberance would be in order?

Well, maybe not.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Oh yeah, that's actually a great idea. I was thinking of it in the opposite way, as a day of celebration.

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Obama signed one last year so....?

Suc h a long time ago.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13 I like how you say he helped the vets again. When was the first time? When get cut funding to them?

edit on 2/19/2013 by Allaroundyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Seems what that traitor did - didn't stick then.

Oh well.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   
How come nobody did that before? I know there is controversy behind that event, but still it should have been designated a special day long ago.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Holy crap, Trump stealing Obama's thunder? What the hell, lol.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Obama signed one last year so....?

Suc h a long time ago.

Sounds like just about the same thing, what is the difference? Is this just a one time event these presidents sign?

(post by Shamrock6 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

The difference is really only in the wording from year to year.

NOW, THEREFORE, I, BARACK OBAMA, President of the United States of America, do hereby proclaim December 7, 2013, as National Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day. I encourage all Americans to observe this solemn day of remembrance and to honor our military, past and present, with appropriate ceremonies and activities. I urge all Federal agencies and interested organizations, groups, and individuals to fly the flag of the United States at half-staff this December 7 in honor of those American patriots who died as a result of their service at Pearl Harbor.

That's from a multi-paragraph paper Obama signed in 2013 for his Pearl Harbor Remembrance proclamation.

I imagine Trump's proclamation will sound pretty similar.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   

It's on my calendar already!
Trump moves fast!
jk

It's been a 'holiday' for awhile now.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: o0oTOPCATo0o

LOL i just looked at my calendar and giggled.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   

What about a Midway day-to celebrate the greatest air battle of all time?

Pearl Harbor day? bah.

'OK so we need a new national holiday, any ideas?'

'How about we celebrate the time that thousands died because Japan kicked our ass in one attack?

'yeah let's go with that.'

Ah humanity-no wonder alien species don't want to contact us, but I shouldn't be one to throw stones at glass houses as I celebrate Star Wars day; May the fourth be with you.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: rickymouse

The difference is really only in the wording from year to year.

NOW, THEREFORE, I, BARACK OBAMA, President of the United States of America, do hereby proclaim December 7, 2013, as National Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day. I encourage all Americans to observe this solemn day of remembrance and to honor our military, past and present, with appropriate ceremonies and activities. I urge all Federal agencies and interested organizations, groups, and individuals to fly the flag of the United States at half-staff this December 7 in honor of those American patriots who died as a result of their service at Pearl Harbor.

That's from a multi-paragraph paper Obama signed in 2013 for his Pearl Harbor Remembrance proclamation.

I imagine Trump's proclamation will sound pretty similar.

So, it sounds like it is just a reoccurring crowd pleaser practice. Make it appear they are concerned. Nobody makes it permanent.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Yeah, he needs to support the military, since he didn't when his country called upon him more than once. Its the least he can do, and I am glad he is.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
What about national Hiroshima and Nagasaki day? I kid I kid. I think this is a great thing to do.

We has lost thousands of American lives in the South Pacific in a war we didn't start. We were attacked unprovoked AND no one really understood the implications of a nuclear bomb at the time.

While the idea of nuclear war is unthinkable now I think that much of the reason these weapons haven't been used since was because people saw them used then.

Not really funny to joke about either way.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join