It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump signs proclamation for National Pearl Harbor Day

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Could have sworn this was done before, by at LEAST one other president not named Obama.

Spoiler alert: Dubya did it, too. GOOGLE IT before you get smug.

Edit: And for poops and chuckles, here's the official Congressional diddy about it, from 1994. Care to remind me who was president in 1994?

www.gpo.gov...

edit on 12/7/2017 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Exactly. The scientists knew what was going to happen. They'd done tests. They did the math. Can't say they couldn't imagine what that was going to do to a city.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Careful, lest you be accused of "bagging" Trump just because you point out this isn't exactly a new thing.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: Nyiah

Careful, lest you be accused of "bagging" Trump just because you point out this isn't exactly a new thing.

Pfft, it wasn't even a new thing when Dubya or Obama did it, it's just an annual ass-kissing reiteration for a forgetful public. If anyone gets butthurt over pointing that out, tough. They can have some salve.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
THAT BASTARD!!

First Jerusalem and now this, does he have no shame. Doesn't he know a career politician doesn't do these kind of things..

Obama did it first.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
Could have sworn this was done before, by at LEAST one other president not named Obama.

Spoiler alert: Dubya did it, too. GOOGLE IT before you get smug.

Edit: And for poops and chuckles, here's the official Congressional diddy about it, from 1994. Care to remind me who was president in 1994?

www.gpo.gov...

this just in. trump declares water is wet and people eat it up.

this is a funny thread. post an OP thinking trump is doing some 1st time #.

hahahaha

i also like how everything gets spun in his favor with his trumpets.
they look at trump doing this in front of the cameras as amazing... LOOK AT WHAT HE IS DOING!!!! its so great.

they never even give 1 second of thought to the fact that he may just be doing this as a photo op to pat himself on the back and make him look #in awesome to his trumpets.
not everything the president does needs to be turned into a photo OP.

its great though.
this proclamation??? been done but its posted as new #
HE IS MOVING THE EMBASSY... right now first time #...

oh wait he signed the 6 month extension just like every other president for the last 25 years

he keeps pulling the wool over the eyes of his own trumpets and they love him for it

very strange

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I can't wait for Trump to call Jan 1'st the observed New Year!

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13

Excellent.
2nd Line

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   
He must have decided to do this immediately after he reneged on giving the full steam on the US embassy in Israel, you know in the theme with carrying on the same stuff Obama and past presidents have done

More regurgitated BS for Trump drones to eat up while conveniently not remembering actual history. They have become what they accused the liberals of being. ( I Say they, but I mean WE , because I am a libertarian conservative, I just drink much more water than any of the kool-aide)
edit on 7-12-2017 by SailorJerry because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: silo13

Why this never happened before, I don't know. All sorts of crazy things are declared to be reason for some holiday, but this wasn't until now?

Nice move on his part.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 01:30 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Why this never happened before

Read the whole thread..it has happened before, Bush and Obama did the same..but somehow Trump doing it is extra special

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 01:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

Why this never happened before

Read the whole thread..it has happened before, Bush and Obama did the same..but somehow Trump doing it is extra special

Do we have links for that? Did they simply acknowledge the day, or actually declare it a national holiday? Seriously asking, as I haven't looked into this.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 01:08 AM
link   

I believe, there was info in this thread.
Maybe I'll look.

I found this..Shamrock posted it, looks like Obama did the same in 2013, and 2016, another poster noted that Bush also did this..found a story about him(Sr) doing it as vice pres at least
www.honolulumagazine.com...
www.nytimes.com...
edit on 13-12-2017 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-12-2017 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join