It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

That safety glass on your window to help stop robberies, yep, its racist

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Bass says the windows only foster a sense that the establishment – more specifically, its clientele – is dangerous. And that too many of those stores masquerade as eateries when their biggest sales draw is alcohol, feeding vices in the city’s struggling neighborhoods.

“It’s an indignity” to buy a meal through such a window, she said.

The debate is likely to gain steam Monday, when hundreds of merchants and advocates are expected to protest before a Council committee hearing on the matter. Bubbling beneath are undercurrents about class, race, and how far the city can go in telling business owners how to operate.

Bass has proposed legislation that would force beer deli owners to remove thick plexiglass counter windows. Her bill has five co-sponsors.

www.philly.com...

The madness continues.

The story even mentions a guy in Philly who owns a store and had a man with a gun come at him.

So he puts up the safety glass.

And guess what, it appears the city council has the votes to force beer deli owners to remove this glass.

Absolutely mind blowing.

Screw the safety of the store owners; there safety is a microagression and must be sacrificed of the alter of social justice.

Everyday this insanity increases.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

Bass says the windows only foster a sense that the establishment – more specifically, its clientele – is dangerous. And that too many of those stores masquerade as eateries when their biggest sales draw is alcohol, feeding vices in the city’s struggling neighborhoods.

The debate is likely to gain steam Monday, when hundreds of merchants and advocates are expected to protest before a Council committee hearing on the matter. Bubbling beneath are undercurrents about class, race, and how far the city can go in telling business owners how to operate.

Bass has proposed legislation that would force beer deli owners to remove thick plexiglass counter windows. Her bill has five co-sponsors.

www.philly.com...

The madness continues.

The story even mentions a guy in Philly who owns a store and had a man with a gun come at him.

And guess what, it appears the city council has the votes to force beer deli owners to remove this glass.

Absolutely mind blowing.

Screw the safety of the store owners; there safety is a microagression and must be sacrificed of the alter of social justice.

There as was a big thread on this a few days ago.

Bill to Force Ban Bulletproof Glass

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Until the truth is revealed that there is no limitation, there is no energy conservation, there is no such thing as lack, we have to keep putting up with nonsensical stories like this because we live in a reality that was created on purpose to perpetuate theater/entertainment/drama for those who are watching for their own enjoyment.

It's all a lie, a sham, a set up.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

They should require everybody that votes for this to have their families work these delis for a month first.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

www.philly.com...

The madness continues.

Absolutely mind blowing.

My mistake.

I checked the new thread forum and used the search feature and didnt see it.

Mods can trash if they like.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Just take down the protective coating on your Original Post, I promise I wont take your stars and flags.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   
duh how else they supposed to get the things in life we've worked so hard to get

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Just take down the protective coating on your Original Post, I promise I wont take your stars and flags.

Dont microagress me bro!

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Ben Shapiro nailed it in his talk about Social Justice. Whenever you put a modifier in front of a term that is inherently good, in this case Justice, it becomes a perversion of itself. It becomes group justice, not individual justice, and individual rights will be crushed in the name of "progress".

This is what's been happening in America over the past 10 years, and people are finally beginning to catch on.

edit on 5-12-2017 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   
You've got a black politician pandering to black voters by running Korean store owners out of black neighborhoods.

The end result, if this is successful, will be the politician getting another term/more money and the neighborhood ending up with no corner stores to shop at at all.

This does seem to be a liberal idea though- that defending yourself from a criminal is unwarranted and injurious to the criminal.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Pretty soon they will make it illegal to put locks on your houses. On a slightly related note, so much auto crime is going on where I live people are leaving their doors unlocked on purpose so people don't smash the windows.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join