It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video shows Cop slapping 12 yr old

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   
So If I am disrespectful to someone should I be slapped? You cant just slap someone elses kid and say show some respect.

No officer you show some damm respect for my house and my kid.

None of us would ever be allowed to just slap a kid because he cussed at us. The cop should be charged with assault because you know if the kid hit back he would be.
edit on 1-12-2017 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

The cop should be charged with assault because you know if the kid hit back he would be.

Good thing he has been.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: notsure1

The cop should be charged with assault because you know if the kid hit back he would be.

Good thing he has been.

Well good then. I bet he doesnt get any jail time and keeps his job. For abusing children.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: DrumsRfun

I'm 46 and in my day, or when I was 12, the cop would not have hit the kid.
He would have drug the kid to a holding cell, call the dad, then dad would beat his ass.

And there ya go. It's not at all difficult to understand.

Same thing with school. If you got paddled at school, you generally faced much worse when you got home.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   
ETA:
Oh boy, I hauled out the US law, before realizing the event took place in Canada. My mistake, lol. Serves my self righteous knee-jerk response right
My apologies.

This is a legal matter rather than a matter of proper discipline and who gets to mete it out.

The cop broke the law. Last time I checked slapping a person in the face is assault:

assault 1) v. the threat or attempt to strike another, whether successful or not, provided the target is aware of the danger. The assaulter must be reasonably capable of carrying through the attack. In some states if the assault is with a deadly weapon (such as sniping with a rifle), the intended victim does not need to know of the peril. Other state laws distinguish between different degrees (first or second) of assault depending on whether there is actual hitting, injury or just a threat. "Aggravated assault" is an attack connected with the commission of another crime, such as beating a clerk during a robbery. 2) n. the act of committing an assault, as in "there was an assault down on Third Avenue." Assault is both a criminal wrong, for which one may be charged and tried, and civil wrong for which the target may sue for damages due to the assault, including for mental distress.

legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com...

Here's the legal definition of battery:

battery n. the actual intentional striking of someone, with intent to harm, or in a "rude and insolent manner" even if the injury is slight. Negligent or careless unintentional contact is not battery no matter how great the harm. Battery is a crime and also the basis for a lawsuit as a civil wrong if there is damage. It is often coupled with "assault" (which does not require actual touching) in "assault and battery.".

It's so interesting to me that so many are such sticklers to the LAW.. until there's a situation that suddenly has a bunch of "mitigating factors" (vary by individual) and suddenly the excuses get marched out.

Those enforcing the law should be exemplary citizens. Otherwise there is no law.

edit on 1-12-2017 by zosimov because: stupid mistake

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver
a reply to: GraffikPleasure

This kid will never respect anybody. His parents never taught him what that means. Of course the policeman shouldn’t have hit him. He’ll get a little slap on his wrist, but this kid will definitely end up in prison. Probably for hurting someone.

If you were a kid that had property stolen, you got it back, and went to juvenile lock up for it. Would you have faith in any law enforcement?

Once again, it doesn't matter what the kid said. You all are judging the parents on the basis of her simply NOT HITTING HER CHILD. think about that and let it set in.

Wow...

"But but my child would never do that because I hit them!"

I'm not even saying parents should not be allowed to hit their kid. It doesn't solve anything. But literally saying because I hit my child they are better really tells me a lot about a parent's intelligence.

And you.... Saying the kid is going to end up in prison. This officer had the chance here to show he was there for him and instead assaulted him. This kid has no one on his side in his mind. What do you expect. You assumption is correct, but I doubt we agree why.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: lightedhype
Bunch of old fs in here moaning about the good ole days. Pretty hilarious really.

Uh-oh, i just talked # to my elders!

Apparently there's children here trying to act like they know what they're talking about. I hear the younger crowd whining constantly about being "victims" and getting no respect.
Ever think it's because you're cocky self absorbed little sh**s who don't deserve any?

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   

If you were a kid that had property stolen, you got it back, and went to juvenile lock up for it.

Guess we're just gonna ignore the part about "getting his stuff back" when he committed robbery to do so?

You all are judging the parents on the basis of her simply NOT HITTING HER CHILD.

No "we all" are not. There are plenty of kids that don't get hit yet still don't act like this kid does. You're absolutely correct that hitting your kid doesn't necessarily make them, or the parent, better. But "we all" aren't basing our opinion off that alone.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I have an 18 year old son, who was raised differently than myself and my wife.
I would catch a beating now and then, and the wife too .
But we never had to do that with our boy , we taught him how to respect and treat others ,and to stand up for himself when necessary.
He is well mannered , smart , and in collage and has a part time job.
Then these kids that act out of control probably have had their butts whipped but we're never tought how to act .....that is the key I believe, you have to tell and teach them
When they are in trouble and explain to them why it is wrong to act that way.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: MteWamp

You sure do think highly of your self and the generation that sold the world away.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   
calling the cops on your kid should be an absolute last resort. I swear I would kneecap him with a baseball bat before I would call the cops on him.

The cop just might do way worse to him and you. Like in this instance if I see someone hit my kid I am going to have to get involved .

Now I am getting my ass kicked and going to jail too.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75
The first hand to smack the face of one of my children is coming off.

And in there lies a little bit of the problem....Probably the first time the kid has been punished in his life.

When I was a kid if I had talked to an adult like that I would have been in serious trouble no less a police officer. If was acting up my parents wouldn't have cared if every parent on the block kicked my butt on the way home.

Not these days, as soon as one of these entitled kids hits the streets and starts disrespecting adults and police officers their parents immediately come out in defense of the kid. What you are seeing here is lack of discipline in that child's home. A home that has no grasp of respect and manners. I'm sure that boys mama will be along shortly to show where he learned his manners from.

Sad really. Single parent homes and homes without discipline or caring parents are ruining this country.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

If you were a kid that had property stolen, you got it back, and went to juvenile lock up for it.

Guess we're just gonna ignore the part about "getting his stuff back" when he committed robbery to do so?

You all are judging the parents on the basis of her simply NOT HITTING HER CHILD.

No "we all" are not. There are plenty of kids that don't get hit yet still don't act like this kid does. You're absolutely correct that hitting your kid doesn't necessarily make them, or the parent, better. But "we all" aren't basing our opinion off that alone.

Is it robbery to take back something that is yours? Breaking an entering, sure. But I disagree with your premise. And the older generation, in their "time" would not only take their property back but they would probably fight the person or assault them to "teach them a lesson" sounds familiar Huh...

And read most of the comments, hitting a child and demanding respect for people because they are older is 90% of what is being said in this thread when it comes to saying this parent is bad and the child. So no. 100% is wrong.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

Sad really. Single parent homes and homes without discipline or caring parents are ruining this country. 

Yea... They must have been beaten when they were kids...

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: JHumm
I have an 18 year old son, who was raised differently than myself and my wife.
I would catch a beating now and then, and the wife too .
But we never had to do that with our boy , we taught him how to respect and treat others ,and to stand up for himself when necessary.
He is well mannered , smart , and in collage and has a part time job.
Then these kids that act out of control probably have had their butts whipped but we're never tought how to act .....that is the key I believe, you have to tell and teach them
When they are in trouble and explain to them why it is wrong to act that way.

Yes!

You know... Be a parent, not an authoritarian.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: GraffikPleasure

I don't really know what you mean by that but in this particular kids case he was lacking a beating or three.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justso
Poor kid. Alot has gone wrong in his life and hitting him is the last thing he needs.

Sue the hell out of the police. This kid is already scared-hell-sue everyone who's hurt him.

Then, surely, someone, a minister, anyone, will enter his life and teach him appropriate, caring life lessons. All he has seen is hate.

True, a lot may have gone wrong in his life but your solution is to be hopeful someone comes into his life to straighten him out. That's not helpful. Suing isn't a solution either. He'll just end up with a lot of really cool material things but it won't make him a better person. In fact, it'll probably make it worse.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: GuidedKill

I blame Hillary's "it takes a village" campaign. That's when parents figured they could let someone else discipline their child.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Robbery is using force to take something. Breaking and entering isn't relevant to that at all. If you punch somebody in the mouth on the street and take their wallet, you just robbed them. You didn't have to break anything nor enter anything. You don't get charged with robbery and assault for getting your bike out of somebody's yard after they took it from you.

I did read most of the comments. Including yours, where you said "You all are judging the parents on the basis of her simply NOT HITTING HER CHILD." And this comment, where you're pivoting away from what you initially said so that you can appear to be correct.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: GuidedKill

originally posted by: GraffikPleasure

I don't really know what you mean by that but in this particular kids case he was lacking a beating or three.

Exactly the response I thought I'd get...

That's where I was going... It's stupid to think that's the problem.. should've been beaten. Wow

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join