It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video shows Cop slapping 12 yr old

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

I'm 46 and in my day, or when I was 12, the cop would not have hit the kid.
He would have drug the kid to a holding cell, call the dad, then dad would beat his ass.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Poor kid. Alot has gone wrong in his life and hitting him is the last thing he needs.

Sue the hell out of the police. This kid is already scared-hell-sue everyone who's hurt him.

Then, surely, someone, a minister, anyone, will enter his life and teach him appropriate, caring life lessons. All he has seen is hate.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

So was that too much,or too little...or,was it too little,too late??

When I was growing up (not that I have yet) I was more scared of having to call home than I was of the police.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I'm a parent and if my 12 yr old kid talked like that to anyone, especially a police officer, I 'd slap myself for being a shi**y parent.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 07:38 AM
link   
A couple of years we'll see a video of the cop pissing on the kids grave and saying " you should have showed some respect"

Oh well that wasn't even a hit on the fat little punk.

edit on 1-12-2017 by mikell because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Never hit a strangers kid, especially in the head or face.
If this cop can't take WORDS from a 12 year old without smacking him, how can he handle a 'real' situation?

It's these kind of weak people who should never be allowed to wear a badge.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 07:44 AM
link   

If I was forced to guess.
The kid has very little discipline at home and does pretty much whatever he wants.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: o0oTOPCATo0o

Never hit a strangers kid, especially in the head or face.
If this cop can't take WORDS from a 12 year old without smacking him, how can he handle a 'real' situation?

It's these kind of weak people who should never be allowed to wear a badge.

THANK YOU

YOU NAILED IT!

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: GraffikPleasure

This kid will never respect anybody. His parents never taught him what that means. Of course the policeman shouldn’t have hit him. He’ll get a little slap on his wrist, but this kid will definitely end up in prison. Probably for hurting someone.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 08:02 AM
link   
In a perfect world, the cop shouldn't slap a kid.

In a perfect world, a kid shouldn't earn that well deserved slap

Talk s**t, get hit
edit on 1-12-2017 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 08:04 AM
link   
If the cop saw a parent smack their kid
>>CPS

if a parent saw a cop smack their kid
>> award?

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Personally I think that if the kid got his bike stolen then decided to steal it back but assaulted someone in the process then he has broken the law regardless of whether he was a victim of theft.

Also you do not speak to police like that no matter your age , because all it takes is one "robo cop" to smack you and cuff you and you are done for assaulting an officer, resisting arrest and breach of the peace and any other charge "robo cop" wants to add.

Being disrespectful to adults in my book is wrong , and you deserve a smack , if I talked like that to my grand parents or parents or aunts or uncles id be either smacked on the ass hard enough I couldnt sit for an hour , or id be clipped round the ear for my cheek and bloody insolence.Even if it was my neighbours and my friends parents, you didnt speak like that to adults and if you did you were quickly corrected and you remembered so!

Smacking a kid for being disobedient or disrespectful in my opinion is fine , because there are two ways to learn, the easy way through your own choices and actions and understanding. Or the hard way as a result of your actions and choices and forced understanding.

I respect everyone , and I put that down to being raised by my parents and family this way , being corrected when i was a wee #e who should know better.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

If I was forced to guess.
The kid has very little discipline at home and does pretty much whatever he wants.

Not a hard guess
The cops were there due to him tossing crap around the house and going nuts. Mom, who doesn't hit her kids, had no clue how to deal with her own son so called the police on him.

And what did she want as the outcome? He has no respect for authority, thinks he can get away with anything (even though he is on probation), and the mom is now angry that the police weren't as ineffectual as she is. Yeah, no discipline, he runs the house and its a madhouse. He should have slapped him twice then slapped the mother for being soo weak

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Bunch of old #s in here moaning about the good ole days. Pretty hilarious really.

Uh-oh, i just talked # to my elders!

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: lightedhype

Your parents must be proud.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Justso

Sue the hell out of the police. This kid is already scared-hell-sue everyone who's hurt him.

But definitely don't do any parenting because that's obviously over-rated. Just find as many people to blame it on as possible and try to get paid.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: lightedhype
Bunch of old #s in here moaning about the good ole days. Pretty hilarious really.

Uh-oh, i just talked # to my elders!

I have to ask. What exactly did making that comment do for you or prove? Did saying that make you feel like a hard core rebel? Did it give you a sense of pride deep inside? Sure there are a "Bunch of old #s in here moaning about the good ole days" because they grew up in a time where respect was a common thing and a good thing. It seems like the younger people now view respecting others as a weakness. It says a lot about you that you find it "Pretty hilarious" because the same old #s you just attempted to put down are actually very sad and dismayed from your way of thinking and that you will never experience what "those good ole days" are like. I feel sorry for people like you, I truly do. I am done ranting and will let you get back to dissin' your elders and smackin down some old folks to show everyone how tough you are.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

Mom, who doesn't hit her kids, had no clue how to deal with her own son so called the police on him.

That's exactly the problem. Can't deal with your own kid so you call the cops to do it for you. Much like the parents that tell their kid in a restaurant they'd better behave or the cop over there trying to shovel food down his gullet will take the kid to jail.

ETA - before anybody jumps on it: no, obviously the cop shouldn't have slapped the kid. That's why he's being charged. That's not really the point of my comment, but I am confident somebody will try to pivot my lack of acknowledgement into that.
edit on 1-12-2017 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   

The boy's mother told CBC News she called police for help when her son was acting erratically throwing garbage and recycling around during a temper tantrum.

are you kidding me? so the mother wanted the police to do her parenting for her and handle her childs temper tantrum...

police shouldnt be hitting children, they also shouldnt be wasting their time on childrens tempter tantrums,

as much as i hate police abuse, they are nonetheless a violent force designed to control the most dangerous of our society, using such a tool to correct a childs behavior is a pretty obvious mistake,

the old saying comes to mind, "when your only tool is a hammer ever problem looks like a nail"

edit on 1-12-2017 by NobodiesNormal because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: KTemplar
a reply to: MteWamp

Our generation didn’t break the world. Men and women who are not there for their children are breaking the world.

Respect can be taught without a paddle.

I wholeheartedly agree. Of course respect can be taught without a paddle. In the 70s, a leather belt was MUCH more effective, as was a "switch", if you know what a "switch" is. Of course, that's a joke. Well, ok, at least 30% joke.

As for breaking the world, I didn't mean to imply that we ALONE broke the world, but I think that at the very least, we contributed to a compound fracture . Sadly there are a LOT of crappy parents in the world, and a multitude of kids that are ignored, or screamed at, or not wanted, or punched in the face, or sexually abused.

Many of them have terrible, unhappy, tragic lives, and it absolutely breaks my heart.

But there are also many, many, many more parents that are wonderful, and actually TEACH their kids what's right or wrong, and instill in them proper values, and for the vast majority of THOSE kids, corporal punishment is never an issue, because their folks not only took the time to RAISE them, but took the time to raise them RIGHT.

It's a very short video, and that's the only context we have, and context is extremely important. We have no idea what extenuating circumstances might possibly exist in this case.

So taking the video and ONLY the video into account, the kid needs to be taught some respect, by whatever means necessary. So, in MY opinion, taking only the video as context, I don't think the officer was out of line.

Hypothetically, let's say 2 or 3 years from now this kid does something really stupid, and get's arrested. A couple of days later, he's brought before the judge. The kid is still pissed off, and still really stupid, so he speaks to the judge the same way he spoke to these officers. More than likely he's in for a VERY rude awakening that could quite possibly affect him for the rest of his life.

Better to be be bitch-slapped by a cop because you're really, really stupid.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join