It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video shows Cop slapping 12 yr old

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 05:21 AM
link   
I was reading the news this morning when I stumbled on this.

My first thought was the kid probably deserved it.
A generation with limited respect,will usually bring on the disdain of the elders of society.

The video shows a male police officer asking the boy what's going on, the boy swears at the officer repeatedly. "Hey listen you're 12 you don't talk to me like that," the officer says.

"F--k you," the boy replies. "F--k me?" the officer responds." What the f--k you looking at man?" the 12-year-old snaps back. The officer then tells the boy police are at the house because of him and he should go outside. The boy refuses and calls the officer a homophobic slur. The officer then takes the boy into another room. A slap is heard and the officer's arm is seen in the air. The officer tells the boy to "show some f--king respect

While viewing the video,I was glad the little twerp got slapped,but then I read this part.

She said her son was previously charged with robbery and assault for taking back his bike that had been stolen.

No wonder the kid was pissed off,can you blame him??

Still though,we have a kid who feels (I am assuming) the law won't do anything,so he handles his business himself,only to be taught that raw lesson at such a young age and getting smacked.

Did the kid deserve the smack?
Was the cop wrong or right?

More about the boy.

The 12-year-old, who can't be identified due to provisions in the Youth Criminal Justice Act, has spent time behind bars at a youth correctional facility and recently started probation. He has a court-ordered 10 p.m. curfew, his mom said.

www.cbc.ca...

I seriously can't stand seeing a 12 year old acting with such little respect and normally would turn a blind eye to that smack,but this time,I can understand the kid being pissed off at a world that makes no sense.

Whats your thoughts on it?

edit on 1-12-2017 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Maybe the kid figured out that you can't trust any person who wants authority over you.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Sometimes, you just gotta be smacked.

It builds character.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 05:37 AM
link   
The kid reminds me of my cousin, spent 25 years in prison for ... so sad so I'll leave it at this. Parents fault for not using that ping pong paddle on the little .... while he could be taught to behave.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 05:50 AM
link   
The first hand to smack the face of one of my children is coming off.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 06:05 AM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

Children should be taught to treat others with respect.

No, the officer shouldn’t have done that.

The kid seems to be getting a bad deal all around. To be charged initially when he was the victim is just awful.

He is obviously frustrated.

The mother has a winning lawsuit. The child needed help, not discipline.

A person in a position of authority should be able to compose themselves and follow the law.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Yes it does build character. Pain is an EXTREMELY effective motivator. Just going by what we see in the video, that brat needs to have EVERY SQUARE INCH of his ass whooped.

I have a confession to make. I'm 52 years old, and unfortunately, my generation is at least partially to blame for behavior like this.

Why? Let me to 'splain. (Sorry, I was hearing Desi Arnaz Jr's voice in my head)

For all practical purposes, my generation was the last one that regularly experienced corporal punishment. It was very effective, but NOOO... We thought we were smarter than our parents, and set out to prove that fact to them, so we didn't whoop (Whup?? Whip??) our kids . After all, we're enlightened, weren't we?

To make a long story less long, by the time we realized how terribly mistaken we were, it was too late.

So, on behalf of my generation, I'd like to sincerely apologize, and take responsibility for our mistake.

It just never occurred to us that we were about to break the world...
edit on 1-12-2017 by MteWamp because: formatting

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 06:11 AM
link   
a reply to: MteWamp

Our generation didn’t break the world. Men and women who are not there for their children are breaking the world.

Respect can be taught without a paddle.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Oh dear.

Sounds like an unenviable position for both of them.

Sometimes life isn't easy.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 06:32 AM
link   
A 12 year old that swears like a sailor isn't that way because law enforcement did him wrong over a stolen bike. Giving this kid the soft touch is probably why he's like that. His parents should be slapped too.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 06:45 AM
link   
The cops that get to know the whys and what for's that drive the consituants in their beat and motivate the youths rather than persecute and stereotype ... much respect !

Too much extreme in our age ...

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 06:52 AM
link   

One slap? If I was his mother, and worthy of the title, I would have slapped the sh*t out of him years ago.

The cop should get a medal.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Easy to tell who the authoritarians are in this thread.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 07:02 AM
link   

he boy's mom, who also can't be identified, told CBC News she was happy to hear the officer involved is facing an assault charge. "I hope it prevents him from hitting someone else. I don't hit my kids," she said Wednesday night.

Maybe if she did, she wouldn't have to call the cops on her own son in her own house.

I don't think it's too early for this woman to become friendly with a good criminal defense lawyer and a bail bondsman. She's going to need both in a few years. And start locking up the valuables.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 07:11 AM
link   
I have little patience for kids with no respect.
It is a big issue. Parents that don't discipline their kids.

Look, the officer should have had more restraint...but the kid should have had more respect instead of hatred. The blame is on both parties.

I'll say this much. I was taught at a very early age not to mouth off to strangers. Slaps across the mouth happened once, and I learned real quick.

Some humans just need taught the hard way.
It's not the worst thing that can happen.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 07:14 AM
link   

No wonder the kid was pissed off, can you blame him??

He took the little boy in the other room because he knows slapping little kids is wrong.

And I agree. Good for you kid. Tell that "Peace Officer" to shove it.

Cretin cops, no doubt if an adult told him that he'd go to the hospital or the morgue.

But make sure his body cam was turned off first.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Probably the first time anybody had ever done that to the mouthy little turd.
Might be an eye opener and do him some good.

The cops getting suspended for a while too.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 07:22 AM
link   
A bit of a disclaimer.

I take my hat off to parents because it must be hard as hell...I don't want to know what that is like as its not my thing.
Parents though...I applaud the strength it must take.

I also respect the police and understand how hard their jobs must be as well because they are kind of like babysitters for the adults who act like children,and they are kind of the parent,waiting to catch you with your hand in the cookie jar.

So,I will never be a parent or a cop,so,my opinion is from an outsider looking in.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am gonna be the get off my lawn guy for a second while making assumptions at the same time.

I assume that in older generations,if a cop gave you a cuff in the head for being a dumbass,then,took you home,your dad would say thanks and the punishment would commence "Dad style" as the police officer would assume as well.
IN MY DAY...we were more scared of being taken home!!

The "community" has gotten so large,that it is difficult to have the closeness that a community should have,is what I am getting from this.
What a mess.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 07:28 AM
link   

edit on 1-12-2017 by Quadrivium because: upon review of my post, I chose to delete for lack of content.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom

he boy's mom, who also can't be identified, told CBC News she was happy to hear the officer involved is facing an assault charge. "I hope it prevents him from hitting someone else. I don't hit my kids," she said Wednesday night.

Maybe if she did, she wouldn't have to call the cops on her own son in her own house.

I don't think it's too early for this woman to become friendly with a good criminal defense lawyer and a bail bondsman. She's going to need both in a few years. And start locking up the valuables.

Oh just stop already.

Hitting a kid doesn't fix or help, it's everything said and done around it. I didn't need hit, nor did any other friends I have who are all successful. It's a cop out for the frustrated unintelligent people.

All you old people need to stop saying respect your elders. That's a cop out too. You are saying EVERY old person deserves the utmost respect from a kid just because they are a kid?... No, that's the wrong message. It needs to be simply treat people how you want to be treated. (Respect follows suit) once you demand things from kids most will push the boundaries to see where they get or do the opposite anyway.

I'm not saying anyone is right here. CERTAINLY THE COP IS OUT OF LINE.

It's the COP'S JOB to diffuse the situation and keep the peace. So did the cop use force on this kid to take him into custody? No? Then why unnecessary force? He's a cop, not a parent of this child.

The problem here is the same with school officials beating kids... It's subjective what I and what a teacher deems acceptable to hit a kid for. Hence it is not allowed because IM THE PARENT. This is on the lines of parents rights of anything.

Also, is it illegal to swear at an officer in a private setting? Even if it is, the officer can take whatever is said how he wants to fit his story since the law is on his side.

Sticks and stones ehh old people? Yea... You just f***ing slap them because do as i say not as I do.

Disclaimer*** I'm 32, parent of 2

edit on 1-12-2017 by GraffikPleasure because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-12-2017 by GraffikPleasure because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join