It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump moving US Embassy to Jerusalem recognizing Israeli capital.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
I wonder how many Trump supporters are going to volunteer to go to Jerusalem and fight when the SHTF?

Probably more than you have leftists who want to fight "oppression" traveling to Africa and the Middle East to fight real oppression as opposed to just doing hashtag campaigns. There's already Americans who sign up with private firms to go help fight ISIS.

If I had to guess, I'd bet most of these people are fans of Trump. #resisters simply aren't cut from the same cloth as people who would do that.
edit on 6 12 17 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: MaxMech
a reply to: nwtrucker

If it's meaningless, then why did he announce it???

Because he is obligated to do so by the Jerusalem Embassy Act.
It is meaningless because whether he moves the embassy to Jerusalem or not, it will still remain Israel's capital, and be recognized as such by the US.

Sorry, but 'acts' seem to take a back seat to political decisions. It is far from meaningless.

A U.S. embassy in Jerusalem is huge. It is a temptation that would be irresistible to the PLO indoctrinated Palestinians. Of course, the U.S. would defend their embassy as it's American territory, after all.

That would take troops.....

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   

This could be ironic. The world will see how peace loving and rational the Palestinians and the Arab Street are by them violently rioting and shouting "Death to Israel" and "Death to the United States".

We will see.

edit on 6-12-2017 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   
We are living in such exciting times I can hardly stand it.

Too bad most of you are missing out on the good parts!

I can't wait to watch the President's speech in another hour!

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

If it's meaningless, then why did he announce it???

Because he is obligated to do so by the Jerusalem Embassy Act.
It is meaningless because whether he moves the embassy to Jerusalem or not, it will still remain Israel's capital, and be recognized as such by the US.

Sorry, but 'acts' seem to take a back seat to political decisions. It is far from meaningless.

A U.S. embassy in Jerusalem is huge. It is a temptation that would be irresistible to the PLO indoctrinated Palestinians. Of course, the U.S. would defend their embassy as it's American territory, after all.

That would take troops.....

The part of Jerusalem that it's gonna be located in isn't quite as bad as the media would lead you to believe. Admittedly, it's probably more secure in Tel Aviv though.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

This could be ironic. The world will see how peace loving and rational the Palestinians and the Arab Street are by them violently rioting and shouting "Death to Israel" and "Death to the United States".

We will see.

The fact that they're freaking out about this just screams to me that they're not serious about seeking a 2-state solution. The only solution they're interested in is one where Israel isn't there.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   

A U.S. embassy in Jerusalem is huge.

I disagree and would like to know why do you think so.
I don't see what is the difference if the embassy is Tel Aviv or Jerusalem. It does not affect Jerusalem's status.

It is a temptation that would be irresistible to the PLO indoctrinated Palestinians.
y
Surely you understand that if the embassy to be moved to Jerusalem, it will be placed in west Jerusalem. Palestinians will not have access to it. If you mean Israeli Arabs, till now they had the opportunity to attack the embassy in Tel Aviv, which they didn't. Why would anything change now?

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: MaxMech

I know this isn't what your'e talking about, but there have been plans to attack the US embassy in Tel Aviv. Obviously this is different than what you're referring to though. The Israeli Arabs are for the most part peaceful people. I think it's safe to say that the type of radical Muslims who would want to attack the US embassy will be more motivated if it moves to Jerusalem. I still support the move. The rationale for leaving it in Tel Aviv (it will help with the peace process) hasn't borne any fruit for decades.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Well that was a pretty good speech by Trump. He made his case as to why to try a new approach.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   

A U.S. embassy in Jerusalem is huge.

I disagree and would like to know why do you think so.
I don't see what is the difference if the embassy is Tel Aviv or Jerusalem. It does not affect Jerusalem's status.

It is a temptation that would be irresistible to the PLO indoctrinated Palestinians.
y
Surely you understand that if the embassy to be moved to Jerusalem, it will be placed in west Jerusalem. Palestinians will not have access to it. If you mean Israeli Arabs, till now they had the opportunity to attack the embassy in Tel Aviv, which they didn't. Why would anything change now?

Ok, I'll try a different tack on this. Pretty well everyone in the region has told the U.S. there would be 'consequences' to moving he embassy. Even Jordan.

Maybe it's nothing but rhetoric. A bluff. Maybe not.

That tactic would obviously work with Obama. Likely not with Trump. It may end up as you say. No big deal. It was a campaign promise. He will keep it. He will defend it.

The balls in the other court. It's their call on what would happen.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   
WTF?

President Trump has signed the waiver officially delaying the embassy move
From CNN's Jim Acosta

President Trump has signed the waiver officially delaying the embassy move of the US embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem for six months, a National Security Council official said.

The President signed the waiver in the Oval Office just before the speech, the official said.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Gargoyle91

The Israelis are looking for an appropriate site to begin building the embassy in six months.

link   

originally posted by: Gargoyle91
WTF?

From CNN's Jim Acosta

just logistics
The move will take more than six months, without the waiver the state department would violate the underlying law. The move is happening, Trump said as much in his speech.

link   
Trump may be the worst president, but he is the only one who has guts and is willing to do what everyone else ignores.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: silo13
We are living in such exciting times I can hardly stand it.

Too bad most of you are missing out on the good parts!

I can't wait to watch the President's speech in another hour!

I don't know.

Have you never heard that "may you live in interesting times" is also a potent curse?

I know there are some potential implications to this that could lead to nothing but good, but there is a lot of hell to go through first and I'm not spring chicken with a young child.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gargoyle91
WTF?

From CNN's Jim Acosta

President Trump has signed the waiver officially delaying the embassy move of the US embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem for six months, a National Security Council official said.

The President signed the waiver in the Oval Office just before the speech, the official said.

That's because you can't move them embassy tomorrow. He signs the waiver so the one in Tel Aviv will stay open while we locate, build and move the staff and equipment/documents etc to the new one, which will take years.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

while we locate, build and move the staff and equipment/documents etc to the new one

The way Trump is acting, I wouldn't be surprised if he slaps it over the Dome of the Rock and puts his name on it in big gold letters. lol

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Officials at the white house are saying "the embassy move could take years — possibly three to four — and there is no location yet for the new facility." Source
This means he would have to sign the waiver at least 6-8 more times.
This is only my opinion but I think if Trump was serious he could have given the order to move the embassy to a temporary residence in Jerusalem, next week, not in 3-4 years.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 04:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: Gargoyle91

The Israelis are looking for an appropriate site to begin building the embassy in six months.

Just so you know, since CLINTON, this resolution has been on the table, and every 6 months, for the pst 22 years they have delayed it.

Interesting that trump just did the same thing, why? Why delay it? Sign it and let them start making preparations.

To me this is just another one of Trumps back tracks. Hes doing the same thing every president has done.

Talking a good game but walking it back. Mark my words, he wont follow through with it

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Officials at the white house are saying "the embassy move could take years — possibly three to four — and there is no location yet for the new facility." Source
This means he would have to sign the waiver at least 6-8 more times.
This is only my opinion but I think if Trump was serious he could have given the order to move the embassy to a temporary residence in Jerusalem, next week, not in 3-4 years.

Agreed if hes serious, then sign it , dont delay it, and let the process start.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join