It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Surrender Your Guns, Police Tell Hawaiian Medical Marijuana Patients

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

I don't think Hawaii is legal for recreational use, just medical. For that you need to register with the state. It might be that they are going after gun owners that are medical cannabis users in an attempt to discourage others from registering.

The Department of Health is also required to provide law enforcement officials with limited access to the Medical Cannabis Registry Program’s data base as a tool to safeguard the community against illegal cannabis use and/or illegal cannabis grow sites.
Source
It doesn't say anything about going after legal gun owners, perhaps they are overstepping on this regard. It has been quite obvious that state and federal officials do not like the fact that cannabis is becoming legal across the US. This may be just another attempt to jam up this progression.
edit on 11/29/2017 by Devino because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Is there an, "or else," consequence if the 30 days goes by and the people receiving the letter don't comply?

How are they going to verify compliance?

Will there be a search of all residences to whom the letters were addressed?

What happens to those who refuse to comply?

I don't think this can end well if it is pursued.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Turn them in or else what?

Come and get em!

... and bring Doritos.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Even the ammo too??!?!?!?

F them.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Wow ... okay, it is one thing to say that medical marijuana users cannot buy guns.

Gun confiscation is a few steps further. Wtf?

I see a big error in them asking that! They are going beyond what the Feds are even requiring, IMHO

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   

What's funny is, they don't require guns to be turned in if you're taking oxy etc...all the multitude of suicide inducing drugs...just fine, but if you smoke something that leads to sitting on the couch and eating a Twinkie, there's a problem.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I snorted a marijuana once. Next thing I know I was shooting up the whole neighborhood.
It is the Devil's Weed I tell you.
Nachos are awesome.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Since you can also fire that ammo -that you're not allowed to have- using a vice and a hammer, maybe vices and hammers need to be turned in too...

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   

I agree with your logic. But, I'd point out 2 things; first, Hawaii is a leftist utopia so I doubt the stoners in Hawaii care, and second, those who do? Who's gonna know if they have firearms anyway? I seriously doubt they have a gun registry in Hawaii.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
I snorted a marijuana once. Next thing I know I was shooting up the whole neighborhood.

Which neighbourhood? Call of Duty or Grand Theft Auto or Super Mario?

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Part of me thinks this is just a back handed way to criminalize cannabis users who aren't criminals now that they have a medical license.

When less people go to jail, everyone in the chain from lawyer to judge loses money in one way or another.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   
All the pot smokers over in Hawaii are about to go gunless. There is no hope for them because the Federal judges in their District are all Obama gutless cowards who oppose Trump like loyal lapdogs.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   

The law is a joke then. Lets animal farm this bitch up and just change the rules why dont we.

Screw everything.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
All the pot smokers over in Hawaii are about to go gunless.

No they aren't, they just won't be registered now. Which is the result of any gun grab. The guns don't go away, they just become illegal and more dangerous.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

No they aren't, they just won't be registered now. Which is the result of any gun grab. The guns don't go away, they just become illegal and more dangerous.

So the legal marijoe people just became criminals again, what's your point?

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   

That the legal marijoe people just became criminals again.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   

That the legal marijoe people just became criminals again.

But in order to have a license they must submit to searches. They are screwed bigly.

Not only that, criminals now know that the growers are unarmed and they become easy targets of crime. If they defend themselves with a firearm they are screwed.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Devino

Indeed. We have recreational here in Nevada and face similar hurdles. I mistakenly transposed recreational over medical. I stand corrected.

The difference is, even the anti gun LVMPD and the Clark County Sheriff didn't threaten people who are registered MMJ patients. They simply informed them that applying for a CCW would be problematic.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   
To legally own guns in Hawaii, you have to register them. That involves fingerprinting, full background check, all that. This is for guns you bring here, buying them here is a completely different set of hoops to jump through. I know this from personal experience.

Doesn't seem so bad, it's a small state so the list of owners should be small and private, but then the state decided to share the names and info of all legal, registered owners with the federal govt, so now I'm on a federal list as well. The only state to do so, by the way.

And yeah, "They fell in the ocean/volcano" is what people think they would say, but let's be serious: they'll tear up your house looking for them, if they really want to. I've been on the wrong end of a Hawaiian SWAT team, they don't mess around. And few enough people own guns that it's not like you can band together with your neighbors. You'll be a lone wolf crazy if you resist them. And you'll be killed, along with your dog.

It's a serious infringement of our rights, whatever you may think about mj. I'm just glad I never renewed my medical card, or I'd be looking out for one of these letters.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Dear ATS Readers, Writers,

Thanks shawmanfromny, interesting turn of events.

I think someone was pretty close when they said something about "big alcohol and tobacco" being behind this.

Another said, no stoner is interested in shooting people... Ha! I suppose there would be the odd, very odd anomaly, but
this was also a true statement.

If they want to get upset about "drugs", why not get upset at something that is legal, prevalent in USA society, and tied to most mass shootings:

PEOPLE ON ANTI-DEPRESSANTS...

Tons of folks are on these anti-depressants... and they "honest to God" can easily cause bad things in a lot of people.

I know a man who is a old gentle and very kind man. He got put on these anti-depressants, and about 2 or 3 weeks into them, he was beginning to have horrible, terrible thoughts, that "to him" seemed perfectly logical.

He realised that something wasn't right with him. Why would he be suddenly thinking of doing terrible things to someone he had been happily married to for 35 years!?!?! Nothing had changed in their relationship either... so Why the terrible thoughts?

He threw away the anti-depressants and it took about a week for the drugs to flush from his system. But a week after he quit taking them all of the terrible thoughts and "great" evil ideas went away for good.

He is now totally against these kind of pills for people, and he takes natural herbs and etc for any type of anxiety issues, etc.

Pravdaseeker

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join