It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NK now has the ability to couse a kessler effect.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

I think North Korea's main concern actually is self defense. You are dealing with generations of people (including their leaders) who have been raised with the West (and the US in particular) being an evil empire bent on global domination. Everything they do is based on that.

Try that perspective. It does not make them less dangerous, but it does make them rational. Randomly destroying satellites (of friend and foe) is not rational.
edit on 11/29/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Oh my real thoughts on Nk are this. Kim will NEVER start a war with the US. Never. All he wants is for him and his bloodline to rule over the NK people until the end of time. All of these missile launches are for his people not us. It's how he shows to his people that his propaganda is true.

I just thought about this kessler idea when we were all in that other NK thread a few min ago.
Thought it would make for cool conversation but it's midnight and ats is dead around this time....
Glad you and phage are around lol

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 12:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

I think North Korea's main concern actually is self defense. You are dealing with generations of people (including their leaders) who have been raised with the West (and the US in particular) being an evil empire bent on global domination. Everything they do is based on that.

Try that perspective. It does not make them less dangerous, but it does make them rational. Randomly destroying satellites (of friend and foe) is not rational.

I totally agree with this.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 12:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

You've had a good idea there and, thankfully, it looks too unpredictable as a strategy.

NK would have no way of disrupting US satellites whilst leaving China's alone. It would also be classed as 'first strike' which would leave them without China's protection. Trump would get to retaliate in clear conscience with international support.

I heard an update on the effects that global sanctions are having on the people of North Korea, and the economy. It's UGLY.

IF Kim Jong is truly unstable, he could feel persecuted, pinned-in, and betrayed to the point where he launches anything and everything as fast as possible. He'd view every nation as his mortal enemy and not care about the consequences.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Assuming he isn't as crazy as people like to think he is.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Hmm I'm not sure do we have evidence for such an act? Any villains from history took out everyone around them when the walls started closing in?
edit on 29-11-2017 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 12:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

originally posted by: Vector99

You do know they put a satellite in orbit nearly 2 years ago right?

Yes I do. Wonder why they did that? Lot of reasons I'm sure but one reason could be to map space debris.

I was more so implying that they have been able to for quite some time, this isn't something new.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 12:54 AM
link   

I have more reason to think our president may be crazy than I do that Kim is. Actually.

Is "America First" much different from what North Korea is doing? Aren't they looking out for themselves, from their point of view?

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 12:55 AM
link   

You do know they put a satellite in orbit nearly 2 years ago right?

Yes I do. Wonder why they did that? Lot of reasons I'm sure but one reason could be to map space debris.

I was more so implying that they have been able to for quite some time, this isn't something new.

Oh I see what you mean. Kim could have been hitting debris ever since he proved he could do it by putting a satellite in orbit.
I agree. That being true doesn't stop him from doing this if he wants though. Just means he hasn't done it yet.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 12:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

In my view kim is just a trump with dictator powers.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 12:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: Kandinsky

You've had a good idea there and, thankfully, it looks too unpredictable as a strategy.

NK would have no way of disrupting US satellites whilst leaving China's alone. It would also be classed as 'first strike' which would leave them without China's protection. Trump would get to retaliate in clear conscience with international support.

I heard an update on the effects that global sanctions are having on the people of North Korea, and the economy. It's UGLY.

IF Kim Jong is truly unstable, he could feel persecuted, pinned-in, and betrayed to the point where he launches anything and everything as fast as possible. He'd view every nation as his mortal enemy and not care about the consequences.

I think he'll put his own survival above his countrymen and women. He may not be unstable at all and is doing what needs to be done to control the power and wealth he has. You could be right though; none of us know him beyond what we read or see.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Hmm I'm not sure do we have evidence for such an act? Any villains from history took out everyone around them when the walls started closing in?

I recall a captain blowing up his ship, rather than letting it fall into the hands of the enemy.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Trump's bummed. He found out he doesn't have all of those powers.
But he does have one of them. The power to launch nuclear weapons.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 01:03 AM
link   

I highly doubt he would attempt such a thing, no way it could be contained to just US spacecraft. Think what would happen if they did that, and in a result the ISS goes down with a few cosmonauts on it. You think Putin would sit back idly like the US has for so many years?

Not to mention as it has been stated, it would be considered a first strike, and the international response would be the immediate end of NK in my opinion.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I hadn't really thought about the Kessler effect before. It's a little scary. But any country attempting such a thing is suicidal and insane.

So what this really boils down to is whether Kim is suicidal and insane. And the only reason it's worth pondering is because, well, he might be.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 01:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

What's the point of being the leader of a nation where most of the citizens are dying? It'd be like owning a deserted island. I'm hoping that this realization will sink in, and cause Kim Jong to undergo the same transformation as "The Grinch".

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 01:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Trump's bummed. He found out he doesn't have all of those powers.
But he does have one of them. The power to launch nuclear weapons.

Maybe I should be more worried that trump is going to order a 1000 missiles to shot at NK at the same time and ends up causing the kessler effect himself!

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 01:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

Our response would be limited because the US military communications rely on satellite date to function at 100%.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Do you think all of the communications satellites would be instantaneously destroyed? How would that work?

One quick message to our subs, from a couple of satellites...as we say here "all pau."

I thought you were going to bed. (heh)

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 01:12 AM
link   
What are the odds that Kim even knows what the Kessler Effect is?

& if he does, how would it benefit him if he did cause it?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join