It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada Just Passed The Bill To Legalize Recreational Marijuana

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid I am a fellow Canadian and Timbits are one of the worst things you could reward a working dog with, Raw Canadian back bacon is so much better and easier on their system too. It is interesting too that when a drug sniffing dog has gone into a search at a high school the dog will often go for a guitar case and finds no drugs. Often the owner of the guitar player is a 'smoker' and what the dog is picking up on is the transfer of pot residue from the owner of the guitar's fingers onto the guitar strings.

I have also trained military dogs and the way a dog can smell out IED's is amazing, but this is not what this thread is about either.

Chib

edit on 29-11-2017 by chibsonguitarplayer because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-11-2017 by chibsonguitarplayer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: wantsome
Hooray for drug addicts. Personally I can't stand weed smokers most of them seem to have some form of brain damage.
Says the guy with meth monsters as his avatar...LOL!
Personally, I like being written off as a mere pot head. Immediately gives me the upper hand.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Hooray for drug addicts. Personally I can't stand weed smokers most of them seem to have some form of brain damage.

Says the admitted schizophrenic.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

That's funny. I tend to think the same things about people who say unfounded bs like this.

Tell me this guy don't have brain damage. You know how many high ons I've known like this? A lot.

www.youtube.com...

Let me get this straight you are ragging on pot heads using a movie scene to drive home your point?

So what drugs are you on that you would confuse a movie scene with real life?

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

Then the black market will just undercut them surely.. and at least (hopefully) no one has to worry about consequences when getting a grow on. Then it's cheap AF and should be primo

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

That's funny. I tend to think the same things about people who say unfounded bs like this.

Tell me this guy don't have brain damage. You know how many high ons I've known like this? A lot.

www.youtube.com...

Let me get this straight you are ragging on pot heads using a movie scene to drive home your point?

So what drugs are you on that you would confuse a movie scene with real life?

clearly a deep glass of "holier then thou"

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 03:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

Says the admitted schizophrenic.
Yep and you know what led to it? Psychosis from smoking a lot of weed. You see Floyd in the True Romance clip? That was me. At one point I was that burnt. I know a lot of weed smokers and I can't stand being around them. Not because I quit or anything but because of how idiotic they act. When you're no longer one of them you find you don't have much in common with them anymore. I know weed smokers and their habits quite well. I also know how they like to push their agenda for legalization by preaching it's harmless. Psychosis from smoking weed is more common then you think. Personally I think the stuff leads to psychological issues. Not just from my own experience but from 20 years of observing others that smoke also. It's debatable but I'm not going to argue facts because I've come to my own conclusions on the matter. There have been studies that say people that smoke weed are 600x more likely to develop schizophrenia then those that don't smoke.
edit on 30-11-2017 by wantsome because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: chibsonguitarplayer
a reply to: intrepid I am a fellow Canadian and Timbits are one of the worst things you could reward a working dog with, Raw Canadian back bacon is so much better and easier on their system too. It is interesting too that when a drug sniffing dog has gone into a search at a high school the dog will often go for a guitar case and finds no drugs. Often the owner of the guitar player is a 'smoker' and what the dog is picking up on is the transfer of pot residue from the owner of the guitar's fingers onto the guitar strings.

I have also trained military dogs and the way a dog can smell out IED's is amazing, but this is not what this thread is about either.

Chib

It's a "cops eat donuts" joke. Lighten up man.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: wantsome

Seems that Harvard studies disagree with your "facts":

Good news for people who’ve worried that smoking too much marijuana (cannabis) — especially as a teenager — might lead to some dramatic problems in the future, even schizophrenia.

New research from Harvard Medical School, in a comparison between families with a history of schizophrenia and those without, finds little support for marijuana use as a cause of schizophrenia.

“The results of the current study suggest that having an increased familial morbid risk for schizophrenia may be the underlying basis for schizophrenia in cannabis users and not cannabis use by itself,” note the researchers.

psychcentral.com...

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

Seems that Harvard studies disagree with your "facts":

Good news for people who’ve worried that smoking too much marijuana (cannabis) — especially as a teenager — might lead to some dramatic problems in the future, even schizophrenia.

New research from Harvard Medical School, in a comparison between families with a history of schizophrenia and those without, finds little support for marijuana use as a cause of schizophrenia.

“The results of the current study suggest that having an increased familial morbid risk for schizophrenia may be the underlying basis for schizophrenia in cannabis users and not cannabis use by itself,” note the researchers.

psychcentral.com...

Which Havard study? this one?

schizophrenia.com...

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Response: Our findings confirm the association between abuse of cannabis and schizophrenia found in previous studies. However, we found an association between almost any type of substance abuse and the risk of developing schizophrenia, with alcohol abuse as the most surprising result, as there has not been much evidence of this before.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Ricky and Julian aren't going to be happy. Being a farmer is all Ricky is good at.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
Ricky and Julian aren't going to be happy. Being a farmer is all Ricky is good at.

TPB. That's my home town. Surprised?

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Response: Our findings confirm the association between abuse of cannabis and schizophrenia found in previous studies. However, we found an association between almost any type of substance abuse and the risk of developing schizophrenia, with alcohol abuse as the most surprising result, as there has not been much evidence of this before.
Look man you believe what ever you want to believe. I have first had experience with schizophrenia and marijuana. Marijuana advocates will say anything to further their agenda for legalization. There's also a lot of biased media reports that support legalization because some people want to profit from it. Marijuana has some serious mind alter effects and I've spent the last 20 years observing people that smoke. I know enough to draw my own conclusions.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Believe what I want to believe? I posted the conclusion to the VERY article you just posted.

Marijuana has some serious mind alter effects and I've spent the last 20 years observing people that smoke. I know enough to draw my own conclusions.

And who are you? What's your credentials? How do I know you observed proper scientific method procedures to observe as non-biased as possible? Because frankly it sounds like you and Harry J. Anslinger would be homies if you lived 90 years ago.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Ok, you won't accept Harvard studies, lord knows why, here's one from the Mayo clinic. THAT can't be dismissed:

If you have a mental health condition, use marijuana with caution. Marijuana use might worsen manic symptoms in people who have bipolar disorder. If used frequently, marijuana might increase the risk of depression. Marijuana use also might worsen depression symptoms. Research suggests that marijuana use increases the risk of psychosis in people who have schizophrenia.

www.mayoclinic.org...

Marijuana doesn't cause schizophrenia. It may heighten the aspects of it. Basically if you have a mental disorder marijuana use may be bad for you. That doesn't affect those without any mental disorder though.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Having worked in mental health, my observations are that marijuana will affect people who may already have mental health issues from time to time. More often than not its the polypharmacy that comes with self medicating mental health issues that drives the correlations in these studies.

In other words: people who are mentally ill will self medicate. Meaning that your observations have a definite possibility of inverting cause and effect due to poor controls (from an experimental standpoint).

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Pretty much in line with what I observed over a few years working admissions in a large mental health institution.

People with mental illness are very prone to decompensation caused by mild substance abuse, as well as illness. I've seen people with no real documented history of mental illness, but a verbally reported history by the family, that go insane when their blood sugar spikes, when they develop cancers in non-brain areas, when they get a really bad urinary tract infection....people with underlying mental health issues are very "delicate" and can relatively easily be pushed over the edge into full blown psychosis with seemingly mild physical stressors.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Having worked in mental health, my observations are that marijuana will affect people who may already have mental health issues from time to time. More often than not its the polypharmacy that comes with self medicating mental health issues that drives the correlations in these studies.

In other words: people who are mentally ill will self medicate. Meaning that your observations have a definite possibility of inverting cause and effect due to poor controls (from an experimental standpoint).
OK Doc where did you get your phd?

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   

OK Doc where did you get your phd?

He doesn't need one Sparky. There's plenty of them at the Mayo clinic. See my post above. They are a leading medical facility in the WORLD. And BFFT is merely backing up what the Mayo said.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join