It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada Just Passed The Bill To Legalize Recreational Marijuana

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Hooray for drug addicts. Personally I can't stand weed smokers most of them seem to have some form of brain damage.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: wantsome
Hooray for drug addicts. Personally I can't stand weed smokers most of them seem to have some form of brain damage.

How do people that drink alcohol affect you?

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   

That's funny. I tend to think the same things about people who say unfounded bs like this.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

For a time there I thought that the US would lead the way here. Then Trump was elected, who promptly put Sessions in charge of the AG. Now I'm not surprised that Canada beat us to the punch. Good job!

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: DrumsRfun
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

They can't even control our debt and economy?
I am sure something great will come from this. (I am rolling my eyes)

Yes taxes on it, so the government has more hush money to waste. /sarcasm

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

I train working dogs and have trained in the area of scent detection. I have witnessed a well trained dog find less than 1 gram of marijuana that was hidden in a kitchen cupboard and when the dog entered the house he was nowhere near the kitchen. The dog found the 'stash' in less than 2 minutes.

If people in the US government are concerned about the flow of marijuana across much of the unprotected boarder than maybe a wall should be built to prevent this ... who knows, maybe under the current NAFTA negotiations, Mr Trump can convince Canada to pay for this wall too ;-)

edit on 29-11-2017 by chibsonguitarplayer because: I left out who I was replying too.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Anyone surprised Tommy is a Canuck?

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: chibsonguitarplayer

You don't even need to be in possession of drugs to get a hit from a police dog.
Report: Drug-Sniffing Dogs Are Wrong More Often Than Right

The Chicago Tribune sifted through three years worth of cases in which law enforcement used dogs to sniff out drugs in cars in suburban Chicago. According to the analysis, officers found drugs or paraphernalia in only 44 percent of cases in which the dogs had alerted them.

When the driver was Latino, the dogs were right just just 27 percent of the time. The paper explains:

Dog-handling officers and trainers argue the canine teams' accuracy shouldn't be measured in the number of alerts that turn up drugs. They said the scent of drugs or paraphernalia can linger in a car after drugs are used or sold, and the dogs' noses are so sensitive they can pick up residue from drugs that can no longer be found in a car.

Apparently, in Chicago, you merely need to have committed the heinous crime of "being Latino" to catch a drug charge.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Our dogs are better trained. They get it wrong and they get no Timbits.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck
...criminal record can ... prevent one from traveling to the US.

Hold up, I just reversed my stance and now support keeping it criminalized.
God knows there's enough of you Canadians coming down here and being polite on our sunny beaches while taking advantage of our private health care system.

See, now I know you're just grinnin' us!
a) You know when we we hit the beaches because we are the only ones in the water...natives are wearing parkas.
b) We are loud and obnoxious because we have been sucking back enough American suds to actually get a buzz, not recognising the product as beer.
c) Also because we have to leave our beloved tokes at home.
d) When we say "This Bud's for you"...we don't mean beer
e) We always buy additional insurance in the specific hope that we don't need to access your healthcare system.
Happy Trails!

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Realtruth

How do people that drink alcohol affect you?
Who said anything about alcohol? The topic is about marijuana. Drink it Smoke it snort it slam it rectally insert it for all I care.
edit on 29-11-2017 by wantsome because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   
haha

ez tax money for canada

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

That's funny. I tend to think the same things about people who say unfounded bs like this.

Tell me this guy don't have brain damage. You know how many high ons I've known like this? A lot.

www.youtube.com...

edit on 29-11-2017 by wantsome because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: wantsome

1) eta: Your video is Brad Pitt from a movie smoking pot! That's not even an anecdote.
2) Anecdotes are just sum to all falacies
3) Your post here really drove home my point.

I feel like a pot head kicked your puppy years ago or something for how weirdly biased you are against pot and pot users. You have no compunction to deny ignorance about it and just state the government line that was invented in the 1930's (which, even at the time, was against scientific opinion).
edit on 29-11-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   

1) eta: Your video is Brad Pitt from a movie smoking pot! That's not even an anecdote.
2) Anecdotes are just sum to all falacies
3) Your post here really drove home my point.

I feel like a pot head kicked your puppy years ago or something for how weirdly biased you are against pot and pot users. You have no compunction to deny ignorance about it and just state the government line that was invented in the 1930's (which, even at the time, was against scientific opinion).
No crap it's a movie. I've know people just like that. You smoke enough of the stuff it will make you stupid. I've known idiots with the memory of a goldfish from smoking weed. Idiots can't remember what they did with their car keys. One idiot I know kept forgeting what he did with his lighter. His grandma nitted him a pouch to put it in to carry around his neck. Your memory is your ability to learn buddy. And if you can't learn you're and idiot.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Anyone who uses a movie to justify their point has no point to begin with. Using hte cop out, "I know people like that" is stupid too. I know plenty of people who DON'T smoke pot that are idiots. One of them is the President of the US. Your point is nonsense.

Seriously, did a pot head kick one of your puppies a while back or something? Your hatred of them is severely bizarre.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Anyone who uses a movie to justify their point has no point to begin with. Using hte cop out, "I know people like that" is stupid too. I know plenty of people who DON'T smoke pot that are idiots. One of them is the President of the US. Your point is nonsense.

Seriously, did a pot head kick one of your puppies a while back or something? Your hatred of them is severely bizarre.
No it's not bizarre I just don't like to be around people that smoke because they're idiots.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   

a reply to: underwerks

For a time there I thought that the US would lead the way here. Then Trump was elected, who promptly put Sessions in charge of the AG. Now I'm not surprised that Canada beat us to the punch. Good job!

I thought the same, but it seems light years away here in America at this point.

I'm hoping regression back to a stupider time is only a brief American thing, and doesn't infect our neighbors to the north.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   

You probably wandered into the wrong thread then.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   

No it's not bizarre I just don't like to be around people that smoke because they're idiots.

I know potheads from highschool, and many went on to be engineers, lawyers, doctors. They were excellent on the debate team as well. Saying all potheads will always be idiots , is a bit over the top.

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join