It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CONCERNED - Corporate America is NOT Confirming President Trumps Tax-Cut Promises.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Here's a balanced article (credit to member: Greven) which confirms that some large corporations are going to (initially) take the savings from Tax-Cuts and buy their own shares, to pump up the company value.

www.bloomberg.com... cialflow-organic&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&cmpid%3D=socialflow-twitter-politics
The article also points out that some companies are relocating to the USA, due to the sharply reduced tax-rate, after tax reform is signed into law.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust
Did you hear what your hero said today?
"In all fairness, this is not so good for me."

Liar. Believe me.

edit on 11/30/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 01:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Did you hear what your hero said today?
"In all fairness, this is not so good for me."

Liar. Believe me.

Have you seen Trump's tax returns? I haven't. He might be telling da truth!

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Have you seen Trump's tax returns? I haven't.

Yah. I noticed that.
I've seen his 2005 return. AMT seems to have cost him a bundle. That part probably hasn't changed for him because the AMT has been in effect before and since.

AMT is going away.

But maybe you're right. Maybe his ignorance extends that far.

edit on 11/30/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Republicans are scribbling changes into the margins of the tax bill hours before they are to vote on it.

This is insane.
edit on 18Fri, 01 Dec 2017 18:12:53 -0600America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago12 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I just remember complaints about the ACA being passed without anyone reading it; it was at least typed up by the point it was voted on.

This monstrosity, though? Nope. Handwritten in illegible legalese.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   
What can the Blockchain do for you?

It can render government obsolete, by creating Decentralized autonomous organizations that enact the same powers our liarmakers do, but in an actual logical and orderly fashion and without lies, just laws, and laws for the people, not for their pocket books and interests.

We will take our country back, but we will need to get creative and our hands dirty...

Let's get going now...

Think, think, think...

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   
That sounds like removing any compassion from legislation, though.

Still, I find it really interesting that so few are talking about the imminent tax reform bill, when this disaster-piece of legislation may well destroy the United States.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Greven

It's in some cases what is needed, to prevent lobbyist from destroying us further.

As to the tax regreeding bill, it may be what's needed to wake people up to further participation in the political system, at their local level especially, so we can have some competent, unwavering leaders in office, to make shight happen.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Here's what's not being said, publically . . .

The US is facing a labour crunch. Unemployment numbers are low, and a greater number are 'participating' in the jobs market.

Labour costs are on the rise and will continue as the employment numbers continue to improve. The cost of goods sold will increase simply on labour, plus the increased costs of inputs because of their increasing labour costs.

All the money everyone hopes will go back into more infrastructure, more plants, more jobs will only go to cover those increased costs, with the standard about 20 percent going back into cap-ex funding where it will sit to bolster balance sheets and improve cash positions that will come in handy when everyone realizes a 24,000 DOW is nothing but a house of cards and it collapses.

Then those with the cap-ex room will be snapping up companies, properties and the wealth of the US will be further constricted in the hands of few.

Of course I could be wrong, but consider this . . . I'm not a CEO for my looks.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Apparently, the AMT stays. That's a biggy. I wonder how that will fit in with the House bill.

Details began trickling out Friday afternoon, with Sen. Mike Rounds (R-S.D.) saying lawmakers are dropping plans to repeal the alternative minimum tax.
www.politico.com...
edit on 12/1/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage
It appears also that President Trump's 20% corporate tax rate is not quite there...
Instead, it appears to be 20.94%.

He would probably still sign it, given it's a huge cut from the prior rate.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Inheritance tax next?

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage
Doubt that gets axed.

Looks like Senator Booker is reading it right now.

Another take on it

Cornyn amendment WORSE than I thought. As drafted, pg 38, Substitute includes ALL PTP income as income that qualifies for the 23% deduction. This means (1) new loophole for management fees for PTPs, and (2) LOWER effective rate for carried interest (20% * (1-0.23)) = 15.4% 1/x

Hurrah for the hedge funds.
edit on 19Fri, 01 Dec 2017 19:25:05 -0600America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago12 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Looks like the vote is near... here it is live:

Nobody has read this tax bill, because they were still revising the 500 pages with HANDWRITTEN CHANGES in the last couple of hours.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Schumer is really over the top in all he says, isn't he?

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Looks like the Senate is about to throw in the towel, and start again on Monday 12.4.2017.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   

if the Corporations plow their additional Trillions of Dollars back into the economy

NO, they will use that money to buy off whatever officials aren't bought yet and finish taking away all of our rights, money and freedom. Most Americans will be slaves, thanks Trumpholes.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

if the Corporations plow their additional Trillions of Dollars back into the economy

NO, they will use that money to buy off whatever officials aren't bought yet and finish taking away all of our rights, money and freedom. Most Americans will be slaves, thanks Trumpholes.

The final consensus is that SOME will and SOME won't. Time will tell. Better to try than to do NOTHING, like the past Administration.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Looks like the Senate is about to throw in the towel, and start again on Monday 12.4.2017.

Nope.

They voted against adjournment, the vote will commence on the tax plan shortly.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join