It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CONCERNED - Corporate America is NOT Confirming President Trumps Tax-Cut Promises.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   
November 27, 2017

RE: www.whitehouse.gov...

We're told by the Republican Congress, and President Trump, that the permanent Corporate Tax Cut from 35% to 20%, will cause American Companies to:

1. Keep Jobs in the USA.

2. Bring Jobs Back to the USA.

3. Cause corporations to hire more people.

4. Bring over $4 TRILLION dollars back to America that's parked overseas.

5. Entice foreign corporations to create Jobs in America.

When President Obama was "selling" the Affordable Care Act, a.k.a. "ObamaCare", he had events on the White House lawn, where top people in the medical field, took to the microphone to endorse the ACA.

The SILENCE from corporate leaders about their plans for the financial windfall they will experience with Tax Reform, is starting to sound alarm bells.

If business leaders are planning on doing all the things that President Trump/Republicans are promising the American people, shouldn't they be speaking up in droves?

Wouldn't President Trump have these CEO's at the White House at least once, for an event where they gleefully describe how this huge tax-cut will cause them to make Americans and America extremely prosperous, just like the President promises?

I hate to say this...but with the Tax-Reform bill already passed by the HOUSE, and scheduled to be voted on this week by the SENATE, I'm smelling a RAT. Maybe it's because I work with large corporations, and don't trust them to act in the best interest of the USA and employees.

Even though I'll personally pay MORE in Federal Income Taxes, due to the elimination of many business-related deductions, I'm willing to do so, if the Corporations plow their additional Trillions of Dollars back into the economy. But the closer we get to having this package passed and signed into law, the more worrisome this silence from corporate leaders is becoming.

Does anyone else have this feeling? Or am I merely being overly pessimistic and suspicious?

-CareWeMust

edit on 11/27/2017 by carewemust because: Added Item #5.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

The SILENCE from corporate leaders about their plans for the financial windfall they will experience with Tax Reform, is starting to sound alarm bells.

With who?

I think you’re reading too much into this “silence”...
I think the point that proves my above assertion is the fact that business leaders and corporations are not coming out against this reform.

If there was any hesitancy about it, or doubts, you could bet your bottom dollar that you would hear these people’s voices.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

With who?

I think you’re reading too much into this “silence”...
I think the point that proves my above assertion is the fact that business leaders and corporations are not coming out against this reform.

If there was any hesitancy about it, or doubts, you could bet your bottom dollar that you would hear these people’s voices.

Alarm Bells with those who know how President Trump works. He LOVES to showcase and sell his ideas, projects, successes, etc..

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   

All conjecture. Corps need to constantly increase profits, paying people in the US min wage is going to increase costs far more than the 10% tax savings. I don't think there is going to be a hiring bonanza.

1. Keep Jobs in the USA.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   

He LOVES to showcase and sell his ideas, projects, successes, etc..

Yeah he does.

But this isn’t his Bill.
All he has done is said he wants tax reform.
That’s the limit of his input.

When, inevitably, this Bill fails, President Trump can stand back and say “this wasn’t my idea” and avoid being part of a spectacular failure.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Then the President will be SPIT-ROASTED, if corporations merely take the money, give top execs bigger bonuses, and don't expand and modernize.

I want to HEAR THEM confirm President Trump's Promises. Promises he's made (almost) as much as Obama did about the ACA.

Their SILENCE is avoiding accountability.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Perhaps the corps are worried they will have to actually pay the 20%?

The realized tax on corps is like 15% (if I remember correctly), so the new bill would be an increase.

edit on 27-11-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   

business leaders and corporations are not coming out against this reform.

Meaning that they will profit bigly from it
so no complaints

But they won't be encouraged to help out the US citizen
so no boasting of its merits.

just sit quietly and wait for the investors money windfall to shove in a swiss bank

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   

He LOVES to showcase and sell his ideas, projects, successes, etc..

Yeah he does.

But this isn’t his Bill.
All he has done is said he wants tax reform.
That’s the limit of his input.

When, inevitably, this Bill fails, President Trump can stand back and say “this wasn’t my idea” and avoid being part of a spectacular failure.

If you have watched any of the events where President Trump touts his Tax Reform bill, (see my Whitehouse.gov link in the O.P.. The White House says that this is PRESIDENT TRUMP's TAX REFORM.) you'll hear him promise those 5 items many times. The "buck" stops at the top.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

Perhaps the corps are worried they will have to actually pay the 20%?

The realized tax on corps is like 15% (if I remember correctly), so the new bill would be an increase.

No kidding? Billionaire multi-national business owner Trump doesn't know this?

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   

God only knows what Trump knows. But he did not get where he is by paying 36% in corp taxes.

If the corps do not pay the taxes anyone here have a guess who does? (look in a mirror)

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   
The big medical agencies benefited very much from Obamacare, it probably increased total medical revenue about twenty five percent or more. Sure, they were going to back Obama, after all Obama was their puppet. It also benefited the Pharma and insurance companies. Sure they are going to back it. Mental health got a big increase in revenue and lots of people are scamming the system to gain the benefit of the drug rehab money. It is in their best interest if the patients return or stay addicted.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   

...you'll hear him promise those 5 items many times.

Those 5 items are just vague hopes and wishes that could come about due to the tax reform.
Those 5 outcomes are pie in the sky right now, and have absolutely nothing to do with the intrisics of tax reform.

Basically they’re irrelevant mantras.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   

God only knows what Trump knows. But he did not get where he is by paying 36% in corp taxes.

If the corps do not pay the taxes anyone here have a guess who does? (look in a mirror)

I've seen you quote a ratio here in the forum. Is it 80% of U.S. tax revenues are paid by the top 5% of earners and corporations???

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
The big medical agencies benefited very much from Obamacare, it probably increased total medical revenue about twenty five percent or more. Sure, they were going to back Obama, after all Obama was their puppet. It also benefited the Pharma and insurance companies. Sure they are going to back it. Mental health got a big increase in revenue and lots of people are scamming the system to gain the benefit of the drug rehab money. It is in their best interest if the patients return or stay addicted.

That's my point. If big corporations were planning on doing good things with their tax-reform induced windfall, they would be invited to the White House to help Trump sell this to the American people.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
November 27, 2017

RE: www.whitehouse.gov...

We're told by the Republican Congress, and President Trump, that the permanent Corporate Tax Cut from 35% to 20%, will cause American Companies to:

1. Keep Jobs in the USA.

When President Obama was "selling" the Affordable Care Act, a.k.a. "ObamaCare", he had events on the White House lawn, where top people in the medical field, took to the microphone to endorse the ACA.

If business leaders are planning on doing all the things that President Trump/Republicans are promising the American people, shouldn't they be speaking up in droves?

Wouldn't President Trump have these CEO's at the White House at least once, for an event where they gleefully describe how this huge tax-cut will cause them to make Americans and America extremely prosperous, just like the President promises?

I hate to say this...but with the Tax-Reform bill already passed by the HOUSE, and scheduled to be voted on this week by the SENATE, I'm smelling a RAT. Maybe it's because I work with large corporations, and don't trust them to act in the best interest of the USA and employees.

Even though I'll personally pay MORE in Federal Income Taxes, due to the elimination of many business-related deductions, I'm willing to do so, if the Corporations plow their additional Trillions of Dollars back into the economy. But the closer we get to having this package passed and signed into law, the more worrisome this silence from corporate leaders is becoming.

Does anyone else have this feeling? Or am I merely being overly pessimistic and suspicious?

-CareWeMust

Of course not! They have competition to contend with. Both within the U.S. and international competition.

If you need evidence of the approval-I sure don't- look to the market values. Look to the commitments resulting from President Trump's Asian trip.

Of course not all corporations even want Trump to succeed. Yes, even with a significant tax cut, many would likely prefer the TPP and it's far larger potential profit than a 'mere' 15%.

Then with a 15% tax cut the competition will use that to cut prices to win business from the 'big boys'. ( I can't wait for that to happen.) The big boys will be forced to match those cuts in prices to maintain their business volume.

There goes their 'profit' gains by the tax cuts.

The winner is us.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Got to go where the $$$ is. And I would be more interested in % of earnings.

Top 20% of Earners Pay 84% of Income Tax
www.wsj.com...

A flat tax is the only way to solve this, and there is no way a very wealthy earner (billionaire) is going to allow (lobby) for that.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: rickymouse

That's my point. If big corporations were planning on doing good things with their tax-reform induced windfall, they would be invited to the White House to help Trump sell this to the American people.

At first the corporations were happy about the change when Trump got elected. Now not so much, the Dems have blocked most of what Trump tried to do, they used the judicial system to do it. He is losing his support from these corporations, they will abandon the concerns of Americans to get jobs and keep importing products and jacking up the price. They do not care if they pay more taxes, they all pay it, they just tack the cost of the taxes onto what they charge for their products, the consumer pays it and also a fee for handling the tax.

The Liberals screwed up royally by blocking everything, there is no way that I would put factories in this country if I was head of a big corporation, the majority appear not to want the factories. Corporations make more importing things and have less headaches. Americans are getting crazy in their demands. The big thing is that corporations just jack up prices to make up for increased costs, that cost gets passed on to consumers. When a person sues McDs for hot coffee burning them, that raises insurance costs across the board for all businesses, a raise that is compounded double by the time it reaches the consumer.

I don't give our society twenty years and it will have completely fallen apart, the military bases will form seperate bases independent of the new countries that will be forming here. There is no way in hell that our military should be in the hands of some new government created by liberals that would try to force their way on the rest of the world. We do not let Germany have much of a Military because they tend to act that way.

We need to look at our history and how things got all messed up and the great depression came followed by a World war. This time, if there is a war, it will hit our shores.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Please look into the McD's law suit before spreading the usual corporate sided propaganda. There is more to it than meets the eye.

When a person sues McDs for hot coffee burning them, that raises insurance costs across the board for all businesses, a raise that is compounded double by the time it reaches the consumer.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   

a reply to: rickymouse

Please look into the McD's law suit before spreading the usual corporate sided propaganda. There is more to it than meets the eye.

When a person sues McDs for hot coffee burning them, that raises insurance costs across the board for all businesses, a raise that is compounded double by the time it reaches the consumer.

The coffee was too hot. It was a bad burn. But that does not justify a multimillion dollar lawsuit. I understand how liaility insurance works, If something I did injured an employee or someone else on the job, I had to back what the insurance company lawyers did or I would be completely liable for the judgement. That goes for McDs too, they are hushed by the insurance company even if they know it is their fault.

A coffee machine making the coffee too hot is not to do with McDs, it has to do with the manufacturer of the pot. There should be a maximum temperature it heats to. So was this McDs fault? That lawsuit brought up the price of insurance for all of the restaurants. That in turn caused a rise in price for all consumers.

I can read and evaluate things well, knowing lots of stuff that many people are not aware of from having years of experience and always asking questions. I could not even back an employee in his quest to get workers comp if I saw the accident, I told my employees to make sure not to get hurt and explained how the insurance worked. I also explained things to customers if they asked.

I do think that person should have got say...all medical bills paid and maybe a couple hundred grand for pain and suffering. That would have been reasonable compensation. I can't even say whether McDs could actually override that coffee pot to make it dangerously hot. If they could, that seems like it should not have been even possible.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join