It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Isnt it just amazing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Isn't it just amazing how certain news stories prove certain bigotries and prejudices are true! It's really uncanny. Take liberal Democrats. I bet you can find 10 stories that prove liberal Democrats are scum bags.

Oh here's one:

FRANKEN: I ‘CROSSED THE LINE’ FOR SOME WOMEN

And another:

Nancy Pelosi Has Been Enabling Sexual Predators For Decades

How can it happen? The headlines are exactly confirming a certain group's ideology perfectly. It's almost as if it is by design. Or like these outlets are trying to get a reaction out of certain groups of people. I can't imagine they are doing it on purpose. Are they?

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   
You forgot Breitbart.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

I can't imagine they are doing it on purpose. Are they?

Yes, yes they are. They're doing it to create a psychological effect on people, mainly cognitive dissonance and infighting. You'll never have a clear winner if both sides are guilty of the same things and people will continue fighting until they "win" even if such a thing is impossible.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Sounds like mudpit material !!

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

You would like that wouldn't you Mr. "mud-pit-in-chief". No point in having honest discussion when you can just argue about it and hurl insults at each other.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   
We elect the best deceivers and Psychopaths to run our country, that is so we do not have to deal with them in our hometowns. Promote them to the top and send them to the state capital or to DC with the others that are just like them.

There are some good politicians, it's just that they are a minority.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
Isn't it just amazing how certain news stories prove certain bigotries and prejudices are true! It's really uncanny. Take liberal Democrats. I bet you can find 10 stories that prove liberal Democrats are scum bags.

Oh here's one:

FRANKEN: I ‘CROSSED THE LINE’ FOR SOME WOMEN

And another:

Nancy Pelosi Has Been Enabling Sexual Predators For Decades

How can it happen? The headlines are exactly confirming a certain group's ideology perfectly. It's almost as if it is by design. Or like these outlets are trying to get a reaction out of certain groups of people. I can't imagine they are doing it on purpose. Are they?

Rhetorical question, of course. We in a barrel of red herrings, being slapped upside the head with them on a daily basis, to keep our division and hatred towards the other side strong. We're all being played. I don't find it sad from the journalism standpoint because they've been doing this for centuries. What bothers me is that people who should know better are getting sucked into this black hole of drivel.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Infowars and Townhall! Enough said.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: xuenchen

You would like that wouldn't you Mr. "mud-pit-in-chief". No point in having honest discussion when you can just argue about it and hurl insults at each other.

Honest discussion... on the internet ?? LMFAO

How cute!

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I discuss things honestly.

At least I think I do....

Hmmmm.
Am I dishonest or something guys?
Can you be dishonest if you aren't aware that you are?

What's the difference between misinformation and disinformation?
Ignorance and deception?

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash
I discuss things honestly.

At least I think I do....

Hmmmm.
Am I dishonest or something guys?
Can you be dishonest if you aren't aware that you are?

What's the difference between misinformation and disinformation?
Ignorance and deception?

I have found that you can think you are being honest about your point of view, but if your point of view does not conform to someone else's then you obviously must be dishonest about something because how else could you disagree with them and reach wrong think conclusions like you did?

Either you are deceived which means you're dumb or you are deceiving yourself which means you need pity or else you are perfectly aware and working to deceive others which makes you a liar.

It simply cannot be that you honestly reached those conclusions and believe something that runs counter to what someone else things.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Oh, ok.

I hope no one disagrees with me because I'd hate to be dumb or a liar for contradicting their point of view.

Thank you for setting me straight.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash
a reply to: ketsuko

Oh, ok.

I hope no one disagrees with me because I'd hate to be dumb or a liar for contradicting their point of view.

Thank you for setting me straight.

Well, I'm always happy to clear these things up.

Now, please proceed to disagree all you want. I certainly do. I'm happy to be someone else's dumb, deluded, evil liar. People need their villains.

top topics

join