It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How having money changes your attitude

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 01:19 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Yawn...this is your third thread on money. Remember if you want to change your life stop being negative. All money is is energy in motion.

You wrote
www.abovetopsecret.com...

So a billionaire has more money than than an husband and wife could possibly make 10,000 years

And I responded

You want a handout of other peoples money.

Only you can change your life. ie stop whining and get on with life

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Life will always serve up the expereinces necessary for us to learn what we set ourselves to learn in this life before we were born.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 01:25 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Exactly.

You can’t hate wealth and wealthy people and then expect to become wealthy. Also, even if you don’t care about being wealthy you could care about how much being wealthy could help you with causes that are important to you.

Stop with the limiting thinking and empower yourself to be successful.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 01:26 AM
link   

DFNY2015, what is it that brings you happiness and contentment?

I'm curious as to what makes you tick.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 01:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Azureblue

Life will always serve up the expereinces necessary for us to learn what we set ourselves to learn in this life before we were born.

That is a spot on spiritual analysis.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 01:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Zig Ziglar
“It’s not how far you fall, but how high you bounce that counts.”

Napoleon Hill
“Every adversity, every failure, every heartache carries with it the seed of an equal or greater benefit.”

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 01:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I have no desire to be rich. Never did, never will. I had a construction business and was usually cheaper than most other contractors and tried to do a very good job, one where I would not be ashamed to say I did it in twenty years. Most of my customers were not rich, common working people. I did do some work for a few people who were rich around here, retired business owners. But they were the same way I was, they took a lot of time to build up their wealth, they tried to give people affordable services and products. That is not how it is today anymore, the business owners prided themselves on providing jobs in the community and a decent service. I guess I am old school because I think that is important.

Money does not have to make you entitled or spoil a person. I know some people who have gained wealth and they are not that way. People who work hard for their money are often less apt to get entitled than those who make money doing easy work.

But would you knock it back if it came to you in life?

To give it all away within a short period of getting it is easy enough but could you put it into a bank account, leave it there for 4-5 years and then just give it all away, that is the question.

If the study referred to, is real and is correct in its findings then it means that you also would tempted to spend just a little bit of it, then another little bit of a bit later and so on.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 01:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Exactly.

You can’t hate wealth and wealthy people and then expect to become wealthy. Also, even if you don’t care about being wealthy you could care about how much being wealthy could help you with causes that are important to you.

Stop with the limiting thinking and empower yourself to be successful.

Curiously, do you think it is sustainable to have everyone on the planet being successful in the finance department?

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 01:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

We have been blessed by meeting certain people at certain times that through their words changed our lives - they didn't give us handout or "secret wealth" insider trading tips. Just tools like changing our attitude mindset.

We also moved away from certain "negative" friends who were always bitching about other peoples wealth.

Many people come from a position of scarcity and have it instilled from a young age that they are not worthy of having "wealth". It is a toxic mindset.

The universe is bountiful. An attitude of grace and humbleness helps.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I've seen money make people into tossers. It's the power over others they feel suddenly. Me? I wish I had money. I don't want a mansion, a flash car, boats, whatever.. I just want financial security and to be able to buy something if something needs replacing. I'd like to fix this damn house. Fix the car, repair my PC, buy quality supplies for my INCH bag, etc. Nothing over the top. Would I become an asshole?

When I have nothing, just enough. I still give to people. When I lived on the streets decades ago, I remember this young girl was with us, it was raining and cold. She asked me if I had a dollar so she could get a feed. I gave her my shirt and $5. She would be already in a dire place as it was.

I don't give to wankers. Take advantage once, good on you. Last time you get anything. And as I wont say a word, it stings so much more.

If I had money I'd help others more than myself. But I would still be better off with money. This bollocks that money doesn't buy happiness.. nah, but it gives you financial security and a new PC, and that's pretty close to happy...

Or what Jim Carrey said.. "I think everybody should get rich and famous and do everything they ever dreamed of so they can see that it's not the answer." - pish tosh. Said only by someone so rich and famous that they don't need money.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 01:43 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Curiously, do you think it is sustainable to have everyone on the planet being successful in the finance department?

It all depends on what you mean by successful and how you define wealth. A person with 3 Mil in income producing properties with 2.5 Mill borrowings may be unstable compared to a person with 1 x $300,000 house without a mortgage.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 01:47 AM
link   

You missing the point, I mean everyone being successful as in owning their homes, wanting for nothing, can afford holidays, new cars etc.

We live in a finite world, when resources run out and pollution is past the tipping point we are all screwed anyway. The current way of thinking is unsustainable.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 01:50 AM
link   
a reply to: badw0lf

Money doesn't buy happiness but it gives a sense of security. Happiness is an inner state.

I change my PC every 4-5 years. I dont have a $600 graphics card. I'm happy with an internet connection and an occasional movie or dinner out once a month. We cook 95% of our meals. I still compare prices on groceries. I noticed how manufacturer's made packets of potato crisps smaller along and the price increased. I stopped buying certain "luxury junk food"

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 01:55 AM
link   

OK so you're talking about built in obsolescence. I read about it in 1st year high school. Nothings changed. We still have our 7 year old 50" plasma. We dont trade cars in every 2 years.

Sure the land plot sizes are getting smaller and we dont live like Hong Kong or Tokyo. We live within our means.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Like I said your missing the point.

My question to mettallicus is based on his point that everyone can be successful if they apply themselves, my point is that the earth has finite resources and cannot sustain everyone being successful, which leaves us with a conundrum.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 02:48 AM
link   
An article that confirms what you already believed? I'm shocked.

University of California Berkely? Hmmmm.

Nah, there wouldn't be an agenda there.

Everyone knows its only rich Republicans that are jerks.

Some of the nicest people I have met have been rich and poor.

Same with the jerks.

I will say this, the Richer someone is, the more they are insulated from the struggles other less fortunate have to go through. People tend to also associate with similar economic peers. I'm sure that plays into all of this.

Its all about having opportunities available to everyone in my opinion. When a society has that, it makes everyone able to nicer to each other.

I've been both poor and well off. It's a hell of a lot easier to be nicer to people when you don't have to worry about the basics of life.

Btw, I was jerk when I was poor and still am one.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 02:52 AM
link   
a reply to: pavil

Your still poor or still a jerk ?

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 02:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: pavil

Your still poor or still a jerk ?

....i was born a poor black child......

Now I'm not a jerk, I'm eccentric. People have to put up with me more. Still the same jerk inside.
edit on 27-11-2017 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Ok you're talking about finite resources like clean water and clean air. Fair enough. The op however was about a scarcity of money and wealth inequality. I have no answer to the fresh water problem. I do know that the world produces more than enough food to feed everyone - it all comes back to distribution and what people are prepared to pay for food.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Man, I'm struggling now to get my point across to you, the very air we breath and the water we drink is under threat, that threat comes in the form of money.

Industry cares not for our environment, it cares about making profit, if that profit is at the expense of the environment then so be it, as I've said before that is not a way of thinking that is sustainable.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join