It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive: What Trump Really Told Kislyak After Comey Was Canned

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   
SOURCE

Apparently, Israel Mossad agents found out about the ISIS plan to put bombs in laptops aboard planes and warned the US.

Trump then went and bragged to two top Russian officials the secret that they easily could figure out was the Israelis who told the US.

During a May 10 meeting in the Oval Office, the president betrayed his intelligence community by leaking the content of a classified, and highly sensitive, Israeli intelligence operation to two high-ranking Russian envoys, Sergey Kislyak and Sergey Lavrov. This is what he told them—and the ramifications.

Apparently, Israel Mossad agents found out about the ISIS plan to put bombs in laptops aboard planes and warned the US. This was considered a great intelligence coup….

Yet this triumph would be overshadowed by an astonishing conversation in the Oval Office in May, when an intemperate President Trump revealed details about the classified mission to Russia’s foreign minister, Sergey V. Lavrov, and Sergey I. Kislyak, then Russia’s ambassador to the U.S. Along with the tempest of far-reaching geopolitical consequences that raged as a result of the president’s disclosure, fresh blood was spilled in his long-running combative relationship with the nation’s clandestine services.

Another prime example of Trumps immaturity and utter naivety that he would brag to Russian officials and thereby risk American intelligence gathering.

Israel—as well as America’s other allies—would rethink its willingness to share raw intelligence, and pretty much the entire Free World was left shaking its collective head in bewilderment as it wondered, not for the first time, what was going on with Trump and Russia. (In fact, Trump’s disturbing choice to hand over highly sensitive intelligence to the Russians is now a focus of special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation into Trump’s relationship with Russia, both before and after the election.) In the hand-wringing aftermath, the entire event became, as is so often the case with spy stories, a tale about trust and betrayal.

Here, they say Trumps antics may have risked the possibility that Israel won’t tell the US a dam thing in the future.

Or more likely the American intelligence community realizes to keep Trump in the dark about state secrets.

Good article read here:
SOURCE

edit on 26-11-2017 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

edit on 11.26.2017 by Kandinsky because: Fixed the shouty title. There's zero evidence that all-caps titles attract more attention or make topics more significant.

edit on 26-11-2017 by DrumsRfun because:
  • The use of ALL CAPS

• posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 04:23 PM
    link   
    Yeah. Heard about that on MSNBC a couple of days ago.

Hint, lose the caps in the thread title before a mod does it for you.

+7 more 
    posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 04:23 PM
    link   
    a reply to: Willtell

Are you REALLY this behind? Israel made a statement "way back when" no one was upset.
    Good try though!

article from May
    edit on 11/26/2017 by Martin75 because: Fixed link

abcnews.go.com...
    Copy paste works not sure why it won't link

edit on 11/26/2017 by Martin75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 04:25 PM
    link   
    a reply to: Martin75

Additional details.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 04:25 PM
    link   

Trump isn't a seasoned politician.

And he's orange.

I like oranges.

And orange jello.

No other word rhymes with "orange".

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 04:26 PM
    link   
    a reply to: Phage

I added a source

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 04:27 PM
    link   

originally posted by: Phage
    Hint, lose the caps in the thread title before a mod does it for you.

To be fair to the OP...the thread title was copied exactly as it appears in the Vanity Fair article.

link   

I meant that the Vanity Fair article has more details than were originally available.

edit on 11/26/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Trump isn't a seasoned politician.

And he's orange.

I like oranges.

And orange jello.

No other word rhymes with "orange".

Orange has almost no perfect rhymes. The only word in the 20-volume historical Oxford English Dictionary that rhymes with orange is sporange, a very rare alternative form of sporangium (a botanical term for a part of a fern or similar plant).

Das ist Trump tree.
    edit on 26-11-2017 by CreationBro because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 04:31 PM
    link   

Here is a thread from back in May covering this.
    www.abovetopsecret.com...

Why did vanityfair, and thus you, feel the need to rehash this?

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 04:35 PM
    link   
    a reply to: stosh64

There's a lot more to the article, actually. It is quite interesting.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 04:36 PM
    link   
    This story was a nothingburger when it happened and it's still a nothingburger now...

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 04:37 PM
    link   
    a reply to: Iscool

Nothingburger. How clever.

You're sure about that? Did you read the article?

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 04:44 PM
    link   

Trump’s disturbing choice

I do not think that there was any semblance of ''choice'' or ''decision making'' on Trumps part. Rather it was an automatic, unconscious drive to flatter himself in the presence of these diplomats by saying ''see what I know, see what I know?'' as if he was trying to impress the big kids on the block.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 04:51 PM
    link   

originally posted by: Phage
    a reply to: stosh64

There's a lot more to the article, actually. It is quite interesting.

Sure is a lot more eloquent writing.

On a dark night at the tail end of last winter, just a month after the inauguration of the new American president, an evening when only a sickle moon hung in the Levantine sky

Would make a great novel.

I read the whole thing and failed to find anything of significance that wasn't covered in the Spring.

Care to point out any significant new revelations I may have missed?

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 04:55 PM
    link   
    Russia has commercial airliners also. They even have them that travel from Israel to Russia that have been blown out of the sky by terrorists before.

How do we know if Israel instructed Trump to pass it on to Russia as a condition, to protect Israeli citizens?
    edit on 26-11-2017 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
    posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 05:08 PM
    link   

I dont think the US/CIA needed Israel to say

'' ISIS may be able to put bombs in laptops ''

for them to know the threat.

I remember laptops being scanned individually at airports years and years ago

this is just your typical ''oh god how bad is Trump because I dont like him'' thread

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 05:12 PM
    link   

Oh so that what? Changed it somehow? Makes it ok?

We're making May of this year ancient history now?

A few days after this event he was on tv and said " Don't worry Israel I didn't tell them it was you"... I mean really???

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 05:12 PM
    link   
    I think it's ok for Trump to run his mouth. After all he is "Time" man of the year.

oh, that's right, he turned them down....
    edit on 26-11-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 05:15 PM
    link   

Remember the USS Liberty. Israel is not our friend. The US is just a tool for Israel foreign policy.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join