It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Buckingham Palace announcement: Staff 'summoned to emergency meeting’ on Queen and Philip

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 05:37 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Right ok, So what you really want me to say is your right and i'm wrong?. Ain't gonna happen. I doubt the British Public would agree with you either. Charles will never be King of England or will his horse faced bride be Queen.

I know you disagree but i dnfgash. : )
edit on 25-11-2017 by Sapphire because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 05:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: rhynouk

originally posted by: Sapphire
a reply to: rhynouk

The Queen saved the public from Charlie boy. No one wanted him to be the next King.

I think Diana would be laughing right now knowing her cheating Husband lost his crown. : )

I think the Queen will pass it off to her Grandson William soon. This could be the leading up to that. That's my feeling.

I agree. The country warms to William a million times more than it does to Charles. Although I'm not sure how it works. Can she by-pass Charles and go straight to William?

What the country doesn't need is it's Queen dying while on the throne. That would cause chaos. Steps are being taken I think for something big to be announced soon.

Someone with common sense! Thank you, You can clearly see what 'they' cannot. Americans don't understand the same way Britains do with this, and thats ok but i am glad you get me.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Right ok, So what you really want me to say is your right and i'm wrong?.

No, I am not trying to get you to concede you are wrong. I am just trying to help you stop digging the hole.

If the Queen died tomorrow then Charles would be King. His "horse-faced bride" would not be Queen, just as Prince Philip is not King. It's likely that Camilla will be a Consort, or similar. If Charles did not want to be King then he would abdicate, and even that requires legal process.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 05:50 AM
link   

No one wants Charles and his Bride to Rule England. Since Diana was killed, her son William is the choice and as a Canadian I would choose William as King of England hands down.

There would be an uprising if Charles became King. Trust me...

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 05:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Sapphire

I doubt the British Public would agree with you either. Charles will never be King of England or will his horse faced bride be Queen.

paraphi is correct , the next King is set in the line of succession and it will be Charles , what the people want or don't want has no relevance.
I'm not a royalist but think Charles will make a good King.

No , there won't.
edit on 25-11-2017 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 06:08 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

No , there won't.

Unless you're a psychic i'll reserve my judgements and refer to this link when William becomes King over his father Charles. Thank you. We don't know WTF wil happen in the next 3 years do we? If You're correct i will publically apologise to you here, if I am right well... that's your choice.

Thank you for your input. I do not wish to scrap with you guys over this trivial matter.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Unless you're a psychic i'll reserve my judgements and refer to this link when William becomes King over his father Charles.

I don't need to be psychic I'm British and understand how our constitutional monarchy works , Charles will not be skipped over in favour Bill.

I don't want to come over has picking a fight I'm just stating the facts , Charles will be King , what happens after his coronation only the future knows but like his mother I doubt he will step aside for his son either , they see being monarch as their duty not a choice.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Yeah it'd require a major rewrite of the constitution to allow the Sovereign power to pick and choose who is next in line for succession. It'd cause major headaches and a complete overhaul of their role in opening and closing Parliament plus the powers of the Royal Prerogative.

There was talk of it several years ago where Royal pundits were hypothesising that the Crown may skip a generation if Charles decides to abdicatebut nothing came of it and all talk of it has vanished. There's neither the time or the want for reform in that matter

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 06:50 AM
link   

No one wants Charles and his Bride to Rule England. Since Diana was killed, her son William is the choice and as a Canadian I would choose William as King of England hands down.

Sure, lots of peeps want no monarchy at all. I love Canada so i'd be happy for you to adopt The Windsors and do whatever with them.

However, the point of being a monarch is generally not that it is by popular choice.

And there will categorically not be an uprising if Charles is crowned instead of his eldest son. Riots, a march on Pall Mall with pitchforks and torches, really? Not a flipping chance in hell.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: bastion

There was talk of it several years ago where Royal pundits were hypothesising that the Crown may skip a generation if Charles decides to abdicate but nothing came of it and all talk of it has vanished. There's neither the time or the want for reform in that matter

There would be no need of a reform - Charles can abdicate as soon as he is King - if that is how the script goes. But he is next in line - if he dies it will go straight to William.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 06:55 AM
link   
a reply to: skalla

Yeah, the popular studs here are proof of that one. Men rule the world, i almost forgot.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Men rule the world, i almost forgot.

Not anymore , didn't you get the memo.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 07:01 AM
link   

I didn't no. Last time i checked, a Man was running your Country and mine.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 07:04 AM
link   

You should check again , a woman called Theresa May runs my country.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 07:05 AM
link   

how long has she been running? and how long did a man run it before her?

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 07:08 AM
link   
By the amount of stars given on this thread, i can only assume you work for donny osmond or people here despise women who debate political ideals and have opinions that don't advance male ideologies?

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Not long and probably not for much longer , like the last female leader we had she's a bit of a nightmare.

By the amount of stars given i can only assume you work for donny osmond or people here despise women who debate political ideals and have opinions that don't advance male ideologies?

Oh dear, I went from someone debating our Monarchy to a sexist pig all in the blink of an eye.

Have a nice day.

edit on 25-11-2017 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Yes so i've read. May isn't something most Britans like to brag on.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Cheers to you too, Sport.
if stars were a thing, you'd be King here.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Guess you never heard of Margaret Thatcher either. She was prime minister for eleven years.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join