It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Buckingham Palace announcement: Staff 'summoned to emergency meeting’ on Queen and Philip

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   

A royal source told the Daily Star they expected a crucial announcement to be made later today, while the BBC is on standby having been told to expect Royal news at 5pm. The source said they had been called to a meeting this morning expecting details of the imminent announcement, but instead found themselves discussing the Queen’s plans to spend more time at Windsor Castle.

Buckingham Palace announcement: Staff 'summoned to emergency meeting’ on Queen and Philip

Here we go again. The Palace did this several months ago and Twitter went crazy with all kinds of rumors. I can't believe that, as the report suggests, this could have something to do with the "imminent" engagement announcement of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle.

However the sense of secrecy and urgency did not end there; staff have been recalled to another urgent meeting this afternoon. The second meeting of the Queen’s Royal Household and Kensington Palace staff could concern an upcoming engagement announcement for Prince Harry and Meghan Markle.

However the fact the meeting is held at Buckingham Palace could also point to the announcement concerning the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh.

After Prince Philip retired from public life earlier this year, such a large meeting of Buckingham Palace staff has fuelled speculation the Queen could also be stepping back.

By saying an announcement would come at 5pm, do they mean 5pm (in Britain) on Saturday? Even if they meant 5pm Eastern time, that too has passed.

It can't be about Prince Harry and Meghan because the official engagement announcement would come from Kensington Palace, not Buckingham.

I still believe that the "emergency" meeting that was held a few months ago, after which Prince Philip's retirement was announced, had more to it than the public was informed. Palace staff looked quite serious as they left afterwards.

HM the Queen looked very sad that the Remembrance Ceremony a couple of weeks ago, and Prince Philip appeared to be leaning against the wall at one point while watching the ceremony. Prince Charles laid the Queen's wreath on her behalf.

Something's afoot but I can't put my finger on it. This can't be about an engagement or another "retirement." If it was a death, I think it would have been announced by now, nor would the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge had attended a special event in London this evening.

Thoughts, anyone???
edit on 24-11-2017 by dianajune because: typo

posted on Nov, 24 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Best guess: Queen 2 step down.
Health.

posted on Nov, 24 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Best guess: Queen 2 step down.
Health.

Could be either that or perhaps the Prince of Wales might be stepping aside for the Duke of Cambridge.

On the other hand, it could be a death announcement, given that if this occurs after a certain point during the day, Buckingham Palace would go public the following morning at about 8.

The silence on this meeting is deafening. I can't even find more info on Twitter, so I posted about it there too. If I hear more, I will update this post.

posted on Nov, 24 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   

edit on 24-11-2017 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   
England is wiping the floor with the Aussies at the Ashes...

Could be that?

posted on Nov, 24 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   
It’s only a matter of time before she steps down.

I doubt they would have to hold a emergency meeting before it. I would think that it would be much more organised, just an announcement.

It’s probably going to be something about Philip cooking a corgi for the Christmas dinner

posted on Nov, 24 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 24 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   
They will never abdicate, it isnt done, certainly not Queen liz who has served the country for so long.

I saw her the other day and she looked very frail (lol, not in person at K-Mart) on some news footage.

She might do a Philip and step away from public duties, she may have dementia or something but I stand by my words, she wont abdicate, perhaps her last public duty will be the ceremony on her Aircraft Carrier the QE2 then Charles will step up, but only as the Prince of Wales.

Apart from the guy who fell in love with a commoner, abdication is not in the British Royals vocabulary.

posted on Nov, 24 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Queen won't step down in my opinion.
Nothing has been reported so I assume nothing to it.

posted on Nov, 24 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: dianajune

I think it deals with Prince Harry and an engagement...

Her Majesty the Queen has stated she would not abdicate and that her life would be dedicated to her people till the end. Of course its up to her if she changes her mind. Prince Charles has taken on more of her royal duties (as have Harry and William).

I get the impression that she doesnt want to see Charles as king or, at the very least, not be King for long. Given her history since she became Queen it seems Charles would be out of touch so to speak. I think William would be the better choice or the UK.

posted on Nov, 24 2017 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Yup I think the news is more likely to be harry is engaged rather than old liz handing the throne to Charlie

posted on Nov, 24 2017 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Her Majesty the Queen has stated she would not abdicate and that her life would be dedicated to her people till the end. Of course its up to her if she changes her mind. Prince Charles has taken on more of her royal duties (as have Harry and William).

I get the impression that she doesnt want to see Charles as king or, at the very least, not be King for long. Given her history since she became Queen it seems Charles would be out of touch so to speak. I think William would be the better choice or the UK.

I understand what you're saying, but as I recall, there weren't any "emergency meetings" prior to Prince William's engagement. Not only that, should Prince Harry announce his engagement to Meghan Markle, that would come from his office at Kensington Palace, not Buckingham Palace.

I agree that HM would not abdicate unless she became incapacitated, esp. after the Duke of Windsor's short stint on the throne and how that changed her father's life.

posted on Nov, 24 2017 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: dianajune

originally posted by: Xcathdra

I understand what you're saying, but as I recall, there weren't any "emergency meetings" prior to Prince William's engagement. Not only that, should Prince Harry announce his engagement to Meghan Markle, that would come from his office at Kensington Palace, not Buckingham Palace.

I agree that HM would not abdicate unless she became incapacitated, esp. after the Duke of Windsor's short stint on the throne and how that changed her father's life.

The emergency could be that it’s been leaked to the press, as in the daily express are claiming that a member of the royal staff have told them that they are engaged.

There is loads of media speculation around this just now.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 12:04 AM
link   
If Harry is engaged, I'm surprised. Not sure that's the plan for the bloodline.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 12:09 AM
link   
The sun is melting their human lookalike skin, they called an emergency meeting to discuss a brand of reptilian sunscreen that is far more effective than they currently use.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 01:43 AM
link   
New Blood Donor drive to be announced - "how else can we stay young"

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 03:28 AM
link   
nothing came of the last alledged " secret palace staff meating " , nothing will come of this claim

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Came here for ol' Liz's death news.
Left with more inane harry potter bollocks. Who cares what rich kids are doing.

& whats going on here
edit on 25-11-2017 by badw0lf because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 03:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: badw0lf
Came here for ol' Liz's death news.
Left with more inane harry potter bollocks. Who cares what rich kids are doing.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Maybe they've decided to bring all that offshore money they have stashed away back into the UK to be taxed by...wait for it...Her Majesty's revenue and customs. Either that or Edwards Pregnant.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join