It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Buckingham Palace announcement: Staff 'summoned to emergency meeting’ on Queen and Philip

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: DrHammondStoat

not to mention all the money the crown made from being the worlds first narco terrorists

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Oh. That was what their secret meeting was about.

Young couple get engaged. Great.
Stop the damn press.

I had nursed hopes that the gibbering tabloids were on to something exciting. Like an abdication.
But no. Expected engagement now official.

I don't suppose she could be pregnant, could she?
That would make it more interesting.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mandy555

I don't suppose she could be pregnant, could she?
That would make it more interesting.

That certainly would make things very interesting. The royal bloodline would be changed in a way not seen for a long time. The last alleged pregnacy that could have been a threat to the throne was dealt with pretty swiftly. Allegedly

edit on Mon, 27 Nov 2017 08:02:50 -06000817112017000000k by rhynouk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: rhynouk

Old Jacky boy and his wicked knife!!!!

But Harry isn't the heir. And not even the spare now.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Harry isn't in line for the throne unless Charles, William, baby George and beautiful little Charlotte dies oh and there's a new royal in the succession line ahead of Harry that Kate is nestling in the royal oven right now so . The last time a successor who was fifth in line took the throne was Henry IV at the end of the war of the roses when Richard III was killed in battle.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme
Rchard II was forced to abdicate by his cousin Henry IV.
Richard III was killed in battle by Henry VII, representative of the rival line.
I'm not sure which of those two cases you mean.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

I must have got my wires crossed there somewhere. If they are not a threat to the throne then she should be be fine to have as many babies as she likes.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Why wouldn't she ever be?

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Ahhh just learned this young lady is mixed race. That's why you questioned her having children.
Well that would change the royal bloodline wouldn't it?

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   
They are engaged

Meghan Markle's title expected to be the Duchess of Sussex - and the controversial name the Queen will probably reject

Meghan Markle, the American actress who will marry Prince Harry in the spring, will likely be known as Her Royal Highness, the Duchess of Sussex, it has emerged.

click link for article.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
Ahhh just learned this young lady is mixed race. That's why you questioned her having children.
Well that would change the royal bloodline wouldn't it?

Why would that matter now after it already 'changed' when William married a 'commoner', so Meghan is just another commoner and her offspring will be 7th / 8th or even further in line.

I think after Diana's death and the hatred directed at the Queen, the royals realise it's a good P.R. move to get more commoners and indeed different ethnicities into the family.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
Ahhh just learned this young lady is mixed race.

Yes, not long now until we have King Biggie Tupac the 1st.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol
or because they find it too much hassle to bump someone off when they marry in a foreigner

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: rhynouk
The royal bloodline would be changed in a way not seen for a long time. The last alleged pregnacy that could have been a threat to the throne was dealt with pretty swiftly. Allegedly

Assume you are talking about Diana? Why would her being pregnant be a threat to the throne? Any child she bore where Charles was not the father would not be in any succession equation. This is why Diana being pregnant is a pointless point of note.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
a reply to: dianajune

hopefully announcing the abolition of the royal family

I disagree. I favor the Monarchy. You don't know how good you've got it. I am proud of my British heritage and have said countless times how much I wish I could move to the UK and give up this stinking lot in Washington who supposedly serve the public but serve themselves instead.

I would favor the Monarchy over what we have anytime.

I would prefer to be a subject of HM the Queen than a victim of Trump & Co. (see my previous posts about my healthcare issues and being unable to get anyone in DC to listen)

God save the Queen!

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrHammondStoat
Prince H. and Meghan wotsit are getting married.

Prince Harry is to marry his American actress girlfriend Meghan Markle, Clarence House has announced.
The prince, fifth in line to the throne, will marry Ms Markle next spring and will live at Nottingham Cottage at Kensington Palace in London.
The couple, who have been dating since July 2016, got engaged in November.
In a statement, Prince Harry said he was "delighted to announce" the engagement and had received the blessing of Ms Markle's parents.
The prince and Ms Markle made their first public appearance as a couple this September.

www.bbc.co.uk...

The daily mail is not allowing comments because they wouldn't be able to handle the torrent of insults and hatred they have been slyly whipping up for months.

It seems many people in the UK see Meghan Markle as somehow 'beneath' the Royal family. I find it a really odd attitude, as she is 'common' just like them. So they are engaging in a defence of racial purity and eugenics on behalf of a 'royal' family that they don't know and have never met. I thought we fought Hitler because of things like that?

I also find it funny that many royalists only object to the monarchy when they don't like someone in the family, such as Charles or Camilla...or the latest addition. Never mind that it's a medieval concept and we shouldn't be bowing and scraping to other people based purely on some 'lucky bloodline' they just happen to have! We don't get a vote on who is royal, that's the concept of monarchy but some people have only just started to feel conflicted about that when a mixed race person is going to join the family.

All very funny, I wonder if 'the firm' will be finished or will they manage to defend themselves with clever P.R. like they always have?

I lost track of how many negative comments I've seen on the DM's website re. HRH and Meghan. But for what reasons? Her ethnicity? Her being a divorcee? An American? And, many comparisons have been drawn between Harry and Meghan & the Duke and Duchess of Windsor.

Totally different circumstances. The Duke of Windsor abdicated the throne to marry Wallis, an American divorcee. If they were alive at this time, I suppose it's possible that Wallis would now be Queen.

Times have changed. But not enough. The hatred that has been shown, esp. towards Meghan, sickens and disgusts me.

Getting back to the original purpose of this thread, while I am very very happy for the couple, I see no reason why there had to be an "emergency" meeting. Something tells me that an employee of the Royal Household leaked the news, and if that is true, I hope they will be held accountable.

edit on 27-11-2017 by dianajune because: typo

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: dianajune

I dont favour the Monarchy and want to see them gone for good

amazing you cant make that # up an American who wants the monarchy

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 08:38 AM
link   

I thought Idi amin was already in there with his Scottish roots

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

I thought Idi amin was already in there with his Scottish roots

You mentioned a 'Black man' and the Word 'Roots' in the same sentence................. Oh you rascist bastard.

edit on 28-11-2017 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I'm gonna have a wee flutter on Ginger nuts and his burds offspring becoming the first President of the United States with Royal blood. The Yanks would go mad for that #.

The bastard child of ginger nuts will surely have dual nationality now,? None of this 'Obama shows yer birth certificate, crap. Lets face it, the kid will have zero chance of the throne so why not prep the little # for the White house.

And the Lizards plans for world donination shall be.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join