It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A snazzy tale of ANAMNESIS & Qi Gong - Share your experiences of Wu Style Weird..!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Indrasweb

I have to say though, I got past the searching point of my life after I realised the very thing I was searching for was the very thing I've had all along....

Sounds right to me!

ETA: I have no idea who Heidegger and the Presocratics are but they sound like a pretty decent alternative rock band or something..

"Heidegger and the Presocratics" would be troupe of monologuists using no musical accompaniment other than the sound of their (mostly) snoring audiences!
Don't let anyone sell you a ticket, you ain't missing anything!

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Namdru

Haha... that genuinely gave me a laugh

Thank you...

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: dffrntkndfnml
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

Very interesting FlyInTheOintment.I hadn't heard of the term Adamnesis before. Idk, if I understand correctly, this includes intuitive recollection of past life experiences and information?

If forgetting means to not know, then knowledge is simply a remembrance.

The Fall:

And Jehovah God saith to the woman, ‘What [is] this thou hast done?’ and the woman saith, ‘The serpent hath caused me to forget — and I do eat.

The Redemption:

And having taken bread, having given thanks, he brake and gave to them, saying, 'This is my body, that for you is being given, this do ye -- to remembrance of me.'

We exist eternally, so therefore this temporary existence is our process of remembering our eternal abode.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Awesome post and great information.

I have been wanting to study Tai Chi for a while now but there are no schools or even individual instructors around this area. Would you have any beginner suggestions such as videos or books that you would recommend?

I have gone through a few martial arts classes, mostly of the taekwondo flavor. I have never come across instructors that concentrate on inner peace and balance, it is usually all about the forms or sparing. I gave up and now try to meditate through the game of pool. Every once in a while it feels like everything converges and gets silent, like a trance almost. It is a wonderful feeling and there is something there, just out of reach, that is begging to be discovered.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Thanks so much to everyone who has responded in this thread. I appreciate the range of ideas & thoughtful reflections in direct response to the various ideas & experiences I have described in the OP.

I do value opinions which offer an alternative point of view, or frame of reference/ interpretation, and I certainly would never deflect an opposing viewpoint if it has clearly been composed in a respectful & detailed, thoughtful manner.

I will compose a response which covers all the various questions & suggestions in the next day or so - I feel it might be best to compose replies to all of the various commenters within the frame of a single comment, using the '@ user' format to directly address each point with at least a paragraph per reply.

Due to personal circumstances which have demanded my attention these past few days, and which in part will also continue to exert a time-draining influence for the next couple of days, it may be up to 48 hours before I compose & post this full response, which will indeed respond carefully & possibly with questions for each user who has made comments. Please therefore do keep the thread in mind when you see the next 'last post - FlyInTheOintment' tag alongside it in your subscribed thread list; I promise it will be a worthy response which will (hopefully!) promote interesting & helpful discussion.

Kindest Regards,

FITO.

edit on NovemberMonday17011CST07America/Chicago-060045 by FlyInTheOintment because: spelling

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I'm sorry but the OP is pure fantasy. I have read translations of ancient tai-chi books and all chi is a metaphor for the internal energy generated through biomechanics, written in a language and style before physics was developed.
The use of the centre of mass is essential for the martial arts and that is why it is discussed.
There is no mystery to the martial arts, they entirely use Newtonian physics like all other sports.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indrasweb
a reply to: Maverick7

It is interesting to discover there are 'camps' in regard to proponents of different types of meditation, I wasn't really aware of this. It's actually pretty funny because the whole notion of an in group and an out group is fundamentally connected to the concept of the whole. The fact that people in pursuit of 'enlightenment' are getting bogged down in those kinds of discussions is pretty hilarious and kind of perfectly illustrates the point I made about the act of seeking in fact leading people further from their objective. Made me smile that so, thanks...

Whilst I view meditation as something that is fun; kind of really getting down with the whole experience, really, all actions are, or can be, meditative in the sense that we can directly and fundamentally experience all things and situations from the point of view of fundamental consciousness. This doesnt require any special technique or practice, it doesn't require you to attain something, it is already happening, we've just got distracted from it. People often say of meditation, or relaxing or experiencing/living or whatever "I can't do it" and my response is always, you can't NOT do it, its what you are, you cannot stop being consciousness, what exactly are they trying to achieve?

For most of the people in the West, the concept of 'meditating' or trying to walk the Buddhist path is that they are in pain, either psychic, spiritual, or ethical and are having a lot of problems with 'internal dialog', or 'ruminating'.

That means with constant rumination, recrimination that they feel they are so troubled they have no peace, can't sleep and can't function. So they seek out groups where people have a 'leader' who uses a gong and people are supposed to 'group meditate' for 30 minutes and try to clear their minds.

At least that's what the group that does it here says.

I tell them that without some groundwork, some understanding of 'how to create mental stillness', or understanding about the biochemistry involved (cortisol and stress, good-bad neuro-chemical milieu, and so forth), they are just sitting there trying not to have a 'thought', and they're told to keep a blank mind.

Well, this might be nice but your average Westerner is so bombarded by stimulus that they can't do it. So, in effect, by just hoping to achieve 'magic', they are really wasting their time for an hour a week. They don't have any sense for how to accomplish this.

I've tried to explain that you can use MM to help here. You increase your good neuro-chemicals by having vigorous physical activity (even just brisk walking). You tire yourself out to a degree. It works for dogs, LOL.

And then after 30 min of brisk physical activity, at a certain threshold, it feels -good- to stop, and good to sit, and during the sitting part, which happens as an adjunct, you are flooded with good neuro-chemicals and your cortisol has gone down, and it makes sense to try and moderate your breath, and to concentrate on your breath, because due to the activity, your main goal is to get oxygen, as you are slightly breathless. This is basically the functionalized pathway to everything they are saying, but it happens -naturally-.

But I might as well be talking to a wall, because even the 'group leaders' who appear to be experienced don't understand what I'm saying.

HTH

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Im quite interested in taosim and I too believe it to be a great way to look at the world, but at the same time its not overly complex , im still adhering to GBS Haldane in that no system or answer from a human will ever be good enough to explain the vast complexity and infinite realm of the universe and the meaning of life.

Id like to know more about practicing this tai chi , my gf's aunt has been to wudan mountain to study under a tai chi master
she learned alot she spent 3 years there.

I have started doing kundalini yoga with my gf and i think these motions you refer to maybe similar to the moves you make during this yoga.
I think it has a lot to do with activating these energy centres by aligning them along your spine and charging them with energy and clearing any blockage.

Ive felt the energy from the base of my spine goto the top of my head , and this is said to be the awakening of the kundalini
or at least its initiation to start up , this happened under the influence .

I have yet to achieve the same feeling doing the yoga.

Are we all feeding into a collective memeroy , hence why you felt you had flown a B2 ?
are your abilities brought on by your life of suffering pain at the hands of a chronic illness? much like the car accident survivor who can suddenly speak chinese and play beethoven with ease.

I dont think christianity is anywhere near as good as taoism in that , god is not a being , god is the tao
we are the tao , we are all one , as outlined by David Bohm , wholeness and the implicate order .

Id like to learn more about these subjects and I too enjoy reading about them!

if the haters hate SO BE IT !

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Maverick7

trying to keep a blank mind...

By what mechanism do they do that?

By thinking.

Basically; trying to smooth the ripples on water by rubbing it with the palm of your hand.

Why are they trying to achieve a state of no thoughts?

Mushin is no mind.

No mind is not equal to no thoughts.

A state of no thoughts, simply pure experience, is of course possible and is a wonderful state of being. However, to remain in this state is also not the human experience.

Why are they trying to get away from the human experience. It is MUCH more fun to get right down into it, as far as possible. To really get into the groove....

The key is to recognise that the human experience is simply that; an experience. It is not 'serious'. It is a game and one that is incredibly wonderful if one recognises it as such and consciously chooses to play.

It is not possible to be disharmonious at the fundamental level. Only the ego and the perception of ego as 'the self' leads to the notion of disharmony.
Otherwise, there is not a single grain of sand that is out of place in this universe. Everything is as it should be, or, more precisely, everything is as it is and it could not be any other way.

Again, if you engage in any practice with the intent of achieving some kind of harmony or enlightenment it is only ever going to lead you further from 'the truth' (in huge inverted commas).

That being said; your method of meditation sounds fun.

Interestingly, it utilises the concept of the dualistic universe; that explicitly different experiences are, in fact, implicitly the same and that the experience of one is fundamental to the experience of the other.
I.e. it is only through exertion and fatigue that we can truly appreciate the experience of stillness and rest.

All things point to that fundamental 'truth': that there is only 'what is', and that 'what is' is ALL there is; all there has been and all there ever will be

edit on 29-11-2017 by Indrasweb because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   
you still havent answered my question!

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: humanoidlord

What question was that?

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: dffrntkndfnml

the one about how joseph farrel isnt an good researcher

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: humanoidlord

Oh ok,The question wasn't obvious to me.I got the impression you had issues with the way the op had described torsion.Myself I am unfamiliar with the research of Mr. Farrel. Thanks
edit on 23-12-2017 by dffrntkndfnml because: sp

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: dffrntkndfnml

no problem

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 12:11 PM
link   

The op touches on a vast subject of study.It's hard to know where to begin almost.So here we go.I think the mileage one gets out of this sort of discussion really depends a lot more on personal experiences compared to book learning for example.

The op mentions the idea of energy, Chi in the context of the martial arts.I found the practice of Luk Tung (Kuen) soothing.It was part of the therapy we did while in recovery at the local hospital.I found it healing, and practicing this made me more curious about energetic arts and yoga in particular.

Over the years, I have met individuals who have been through really bad car accidents and other traumatic injuries.Some of them have been told that they would probably never be able to walk again.The thing that I noticed about them was their iron will and high standards they held as they conducted themselves.

When I notice this, I usually ask them what their secret is.Yoga has been brought up on numerous occasions.The healing that they had seemed much more then just a physical solution to their problems as well.I didn't get too personal with them, as to the particular forms they used.I'm grateful they shared what worked for them with me.

Much of what the op shared resonates with my experiences.Another example that comes to mind, is the youthful looks of some older people too.The ones I've met all appeared to have a good attitude about life, and this does seem to preserve them.10 or 15 years younger, it sparked further interest in the power of the emotions linked with the body.

I have found practicing Five Rites yoga quick and effective.The synchronicity that come up when I practice this can be sort of overwhelming at times.However it's one of my New Years resolutions to start practicing once again.

I haven't delved into the researchers op listed but relate to torsion none the less.I'm recalling sections from The Emerald Tablets of Thoth.Cycles, Curves, and circular movement are mentioned in The Key of Time.I believe this sort of knowledge lies behind harnessing the energy of shape.

When perceiving attack, I usually try to observe where the sensations originate.

Heart or mind?Upstairs or downstairs?Inside or outside?Radar or Antennae?

The Tablets inspired me to practice becoming more conscious of this, through the study of the Key Of Magic. Light vs dark, the Emerald Tablets provide plenty of room for study.It seemed very strange at first, but over the years the words recorded there have made much more sense.The more I studied different traditions the easier it became to make something fruitful of it all.There is Light in those tablets.

Yesterday, someone was sizing me up.They were being tempted severely to try and hurt me physically.I say this because I could feel it in my core.Fortunately, I was able to diffuse the situation.Hopefully, that peace lasts.I am better prepared now.

A bit hazy that description, it's tough describing it.Body consciousness can be very relative.A more healthy relationship to the body, encourages a better relationship to the mind.With practice, the flow of information can mimic that internal energy.I use it to go "under" an attack and reach up This part of my belief system at work under the hood here

Thinking of energy and coincidence, there have been times when I have been more fearful of synchronicity. In particular some of the more sensitive things I've tried to share, have shared elsewhere and more generally offline I suspect the world pushes back on what I put out there.

With some more experience under my belt, I feel I've become more receptive to the subtle energy within and without. I've lost count of the times the electronics I use malfunction.I have noticed the machines at the self checkout seem to act unusual or stop working altogether. Not my cup of tea, I tend to hit the grocery store often right at closing time, lol.

Seriously though, even going to post things online it's been frustrating at times.So I usually practice saving my work for later, just in case.I figure scales can be sensitive to em fields.Now I am more careful when reacting to this, and try not to think to deeply about topics I'm passionate about while using them.While In the past, it would have been easier for my fears to get the better of me.

edit on 6-1-2018 by dffrntkndfnml because: 3x spacing and grammar

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join