It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In 1968-Project 259 Found Sugar may lead to Heart Disease/Cancer-Funding pulled

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Interesting to note that descendants of these rats, have learned to lie down like a human, drink a bunch of DietCoke™ and run the television remote...

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I have drank more Coca Cola than most people ever will. I drank 12 packs of it as a kid gaming all day and all night. Literally I am not making this up. As well, I was eating the most terrible food EVER for you, over and over and over.

Today: 31 - No Health Problems - Zero meds - 155 and 5'7. I still drink it from time to time, just more of a once in a while thing, it just got old.

I think things affect everyone differently, at the end of the day, you're still going to die.

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Oh, that's a valid point. But that distrust began long before this study.

To tell you the truth, the govt. has never truly trusted us, the citizens. We hold too much power, if we'd just use it. Once in power, a govt is only truly interested in retaining that power.

But they don't want us to use that power, so they do things in small, smoke filled rooms, behind locked doors, and present us as a fait accompli. Hoping that we will just roll with it, rather than act upon it, if we don't agree.

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
Too much refined sugar is the problem.

Eat all the sweet fruit you want.

natural vs. refined sugar

That's what I thought until I started having terrible night sweats and then hot flashes during the day. Thought I was going into early menopause. Turns out it was my high consumption of fruit that was causing all my misery.

I cut way back and now only eat 2 servings of fruit a day, mostly berries. They are lower in sugar than most fruit. Blackberries and raspberries are high in fiber, too.

ETA: I am slowly easing into a plant-based diet and cutting out all meat and processed food. Sugar consumption has gone down significantly.
edit on 23-11-2017 by texasgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

There is a reason we were told that fat is bad and carbs are good. Money (farm subsidies).

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: texasgirl

originally posted by: intrptr
Too much refined sugar is the problem.

Eat all the sweet fruit you want.

natural vs. refined sugar

That's what I thought until I started having terrible night sweats and then hot flashes during the day. Thought I was going into early menopause. Turns out it was my high consumption of fruit that was causing all my misery.

I cut way back and now only eat 2 servings of fruit a day, mostly berries. They are lower in sugar than most fruit. Blackberries and raspberries are high in fiber, too.

ETA: I am slowly easing into a plant-based diet and cutting out all meat and processed food. Sugar consumption has gone down significantly.

Yah, too much of a good thing, even fruit.

Hella hard cutting back on processed food stuffs, too.

Heres to your self control and commitment to change

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Yeup.

Money talks, always has, always will. But, if we give enough of a flyin' ((hashtag)), we can mute it a little bit.

Kinda hard to get money thrown at you, if you're unemployed.

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

All things in moderation.

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Moderation also means cooking from scratch. There are at least 57 names that represent sugar on ingredient labels for processed foods.

The 57 Names Of Sugar
www.prevention.com...

edit on 23-11-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   

That, too.

Scratch cooking or baking is, or can be, time consuming, which is why many don't. They eat out of can, or microwave it. I'm guilty of that, but nothing I enjoy more than something out of the pot that I've done up from scratch.

Is it really only 57? I'd have thought it more...
edit on 11/23/2017 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Everyone has a tripping point where too many carbohydrates in your body over too short a period of time to allow proper processing. That is the key. Too much and not enough time to process that level. Everyone has a different tripping point. It's all carbohydrates not just sugars. Often even eating right but just too much in too short of a processing time is the same thing. Worse yet is while the body is in this "overdose" phase, to flood the body with certain fats is throwing gasoline on a smoldering pile of coals.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   
And in 1967, the same organization under a slightly different name paid off 3 Harvard researchers to publish a paper linking lipids instead of sugar to obesity. That might actually be worse that shutting down their own study. Big Business has been shady as hell for far too long. It's about time the sugar industry face the same type of lawsuit that tobacco did and any federal agencies who were complicit as well.

www.businessinsider.com...

This is the BS paper bought and paid for by the Sugar Research Association if anyone is bored enough to read through it. nature.berkeley.edu...

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 05:33 AM
link   
I fear the cancer industry to be too large and in control.

To the point of Doctors believing the doctrines, and doing a great job with the bones they are thrown.

Money talks ... morality walks .

top topics

<< 1   >>

join