It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Almost Half of ‘Female’ Transgender Inmates Are Sex Offenders: Report

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wulfrida
a reply to: melatonin

Biology says xx is female, xy is male. Denying reality is usually seen as mental illness.

That study was flawed, and most likely a statistical anomaly. A recent identical twin study refutes the concept of a biological cause for transexuality.

biologicaltheoriestrans.wordpress.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">flawed study
www.google.com... use/amp/" target="_blank" class="postlink">evidence

The science says no.

Your link didn't work. To post, you can type the article title (or whatever else) in, after hitting the arrow for a link, then, after entering that, paste the link in, and it should show.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   

I dont get involved online with discussions on the recent sex abuse scandals, because as a survivor of abuse myself, I get triggered, and my ptsd becomes unbearable.

As for refusing to consider any evidence which challenges your paradigm, and yet again personal attacks, its to be expected.

Ill try fix those links.

For the record I feel very sorry for anyone experiencing gender dysphoria. I cannot imagine how scary it is. But mtt dont belong in wimins spaces, nor is the concept of a lady brain based in science.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

trans twin study

The identical twin study shows that 72 pecent of the time, identical twins differ in the instance of transexuality. This suggests its nurture not nature. The previous studies are flawed, suggesting statistical anomaly.

flawed study

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 04:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes
Your evidence is where, again?

Seems to be missing.....

Your OP is the evidence!

Cheers (:

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 04:54 AM
link   

trans twin study

The identical twin study shows that 72 pecent of the time, identical twins differ in the instance of transexuality. This suggests its nurture not nature. The previous studies are flawed, suggesting statistical anomaly.

flawed study

Except that the authors of that study, the actual scientist who collected, examined, and presented the data, suggested the complete opposite o:

Combining data from the present survey with those from past-published reports, 20% of all male and female monozygotic twin pairs were found concordant for transsexual identity. This was more frequently the case for males (33%) than for females (23%). The responses of our twins relative to their rearing, along with our findings regarding some of their experiences during childhood and adolescence show their identity was much more influenced by their genetics than their rearing.

www.tandfonline.com...

You live in topsy-turvy land, I guess D:

Very few real-world conditions are either nature or nature. Usually a bit of both. Science, like life, is complex.
edit on 23-11-2017 by melatonin because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   
20% of all male and female monozygotic twin pairs were found concordant for transsexual identity. This was more frequently the case for males (33%) than for females (23%).

Thats a very low figure for concordance. Their summation doesn't make sense. But since a trans lobby funded it, I dont expect them to say anything else.

Such a low figure suggests it's not biological.

Common sense says men arent women.

Happy thanksgiving, melatonin. Im not stupid, nor evil, nor am I picking on anyone. The personal attacks arent really called for.

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Happy thanksgiving, melatonin. Im not stupid, nor evil, nor am I picking on anyone. The personal attacks arent really called for.

This is the second time I've called you out for misrepresenting research related to trans issues. You think you know more about the sort of scientific research underpinning the study you posted than the actual author. Of course you do! You're just spending your time spreading BS on the internet as doing such research is obviously beneath you - why bother! D:

You are spreading misinformation, you are part of the current transphobic trend spreading fear and prejudice. You should own it. You are doing it. You are clearly not interested in understanding the issues surrounding a small but highly marginalised and othered section of society. But simply appear to want to add to the denigration.

Try to be compassionate, be understanding, be thankful for your simple life.

www.youtube.com...

Happy thanksgiving (:

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   

You know nothing about my life, sweetheart, so take your simple and ....think again.

Look at the results scientifically, stats say its not biological, otherwise far more identical twins would both be trans.

The report authors coming to the conclusion it was genetic though their sample showed very little congruence, is mindblowingly stupid.

That said, I really dont need the hassle, so im out.

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   

You know nothing about my life, sweetheart, so take your simple and ....think again.

That said, I really dont need the hassle, so im out.

No worries, honey (:

Perhaps go read about how to interpret twin concordance studies.

Androgen Receptor Repeat Length Polymorphism Associated with Male-to-Female Transsexualism
Lauren Hare

Background

There is a likely genetic component to transsexualism, and genes involved in sex steroidogenesis are good candidates. We explored the specific hypothesis that male-to-female transsexualism is associated with gene variants responsible for undermasculinization and/or feminization. Specifically, we assessed the role of disease-associated repeat length polymorphisms in the androgen receptor (AR), estrogen receptor β (ERβ), and aromatase (CYP19) genes.

Methods

Subject-control analysis included 112 male-to-female transsexuals and 258 non-transsexual males. Associations and interactions were investigated between CAG repeat length in the AR gene, CA repeat length in the ERβ gene, and TTTA repeat length in the CYP19 gene and male-to-female transsexualism.

Results

A significant association was identified between transsexualism and the AR allele, with transsexuals having longer AR repeat lengths than non-transsexual male control subjects (p = .04). No associations for transsexualism were evident in repeat lengths for CYP19 or ERβ genes. Individuals were then classified as short or long for each gene polymorphism on the basis of control median polymorphism lengths in order to further elucidate possible combined effects. No interaction associations between the three genes and transsexualism were identified.

Conclusions

This study provides evidence that male gender identity might be partly mediated through the androgen receptor.

Link

posted on Nov, 24 2017 @ 01:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

There are many things in Britain that can land someone on the sex offenders register...
Things like indecent exposure for one.
So we shouldn’t assume (even though this sounds like baseless propaganda) they’re all locked up for rape or assault.

If you're caught urinating in public, and someone saw your genitalia, you can be placed on the register for exposing yourself. Or so the police used to delight telling denizens of the town I used to live in...
edit on 24/11/17 by djz3ro because: Forgot "someone"

posted on Nov, 24 2017 @ 01:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

Even the transgender community itself distinguishes between transgender persons who genuinely feel they are in the wrong body, and those called cross-dressers or transvestites -- although I have yet to find a common definition of what the difference is. (I'm happy to be enlightened if someone can point me in the right direction...)

Cross-Dresser is kind of a catch-all term for someone who wears clothes of the opposite gender, no matter the reason. A transvestite is a male that wears female attire for sexual purposes.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 11:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

It's relevant, because it shows that such a person can be quite dangerous. If that guy would do what he did there, he'd likely do it in a public place as well, given the opportunity.

But Are saying that being trans means there is a higher chance that a person is a monster like that?
If a straight white male rapes a women that he lives with are we to assume that ALL straight white males are a dangerous to all women? Can you see why people are arguing this part of your op with you?

I a not saying anything; I am posting about an article that discusses the issue. The numbers they post, if accurate, would indicate that a larger percentage of trans prisoners were sex offenders than would be expected, when compared to the general population. Since there are many mental issues already with such people, that is possible. We know, for example, hat suicide rates are higher, and unrelated to how the person is or isn't accepted.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 11:56 PM
link   

trans twin study

flawed study

I can well believe it. Nurture is the biggest factor, I have always believed, and the way such things are being promoted to school children only reinforces that belief!

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 03:03 AM
link   

I don't trust the article. It seems biased.
I don't know enough about trans people to decide for myself if it is mental illness or not.

But I will always try and defend the underdog or those I feel can not defend themselves.
It's just who I am.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

I don't trust the article. It seems biased.
I don't know enough about trans people to decide for myself if it is mental illness or not.

But I will always try and defend the underdog or those I feel can not defend themselves.
It's just who I am.

I don't know enough about the sources to say, but someone in the UK could likely check the stats. I am all for defending those who need it as well. However, I won't assume someone is a victim simply because of membership in one group or another. Race and sexual behavior/beliefs aren't reason enough to grant special status, or assume that person's rights supersede those of others.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Twins..lol. look how many twins did they study.were they paid or not paid.?
one study does not mean anything.

As to the op. if you look male ya should be there with males. if opposite then with women. its that simple.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

Twins..lol. look how many twins did they study.were they paid or not paid.?
one study does not mean anything.

As to the op. if you look male ya should be there with males. if opposite then with women. its that simple.

Mostly paid, I'd guess, and targeted towards certain twins only. Even then, they didn't get the results they wanted!

Agreed, if by "looks", you mean more than just the clothing/hair, etc.! Even if someone had surgery, a biological male (XY) can do a lot of damage to a woman, if violent, based on strength alone. At the least, though, no one with male parts belongs in a female prison. No one, either sex, needs to have the prison system paying for the surgery, or hormone treatments, etc., either. That is not he responsibility of the taxpayers or government!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join