It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Steam Powered Rocket Sponsored by Research Flat Earth and a Ghost Town

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

all joking aside - his words and actions are mutually exclusive :

“It’ll shut the door on this ball earth,” Hughes said in a fundraising interview with a flat-Earth group for Saturday’s flight. Theories discussed during the interview included NASA being controlled by round-Earth Freemasons... Source

like all idiots - he talks big

but his plan - is incompatible with his stated objective

his maximum, altitude will be 600m [ there are several buildings higher than this ]

his " rocket " will carry no scientfic instruments - nor is it a viable platform for any useful science [ WRT the alledeged flat earth ]

g force and velocity will preclude mr huges making any usefull observations

so - what is the purpose ? - even by the slack jawed " resurch " standards of previous flat earth idiots - huges is a grade 2 moron

so what is the point ?

send answers to the " care bears " - they apparently giive a damm

posted on Nov, 24 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I would have donated to this guy to build a steam powered rocket to prove the earth is flat however I already donated all my money to a pop star so he can build a warp drive.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: kamatty

Tom got you too, huh?

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Looks like Mad Mike couldn't launch due to no permit to use public land for his rocket. I guess we'll have to wait a little bit longer before we find out what shape our planet is.

edit on 11-26-2017 by LogicalGraphitti because: fixed yt link

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: LogicalGraphitti

as my earlier question has been unanswered - i shall ask you directly :

how is a rocket flight with an intended altitude of 600m [ max ] and a flight path < 2km - going to reveal anything about the " form factor " of terra [ ie - is it a spheroid or a flat plane ]

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
a reply to: LogicalGraphitti

as my earlier question has been unanswered - i shall ask you directly :

how is a rocket flight with an intended altitude of 600m [ max ] and a flight path < 2km - going to reveal anything about the " form factor " of terra [ ie - is it a spheroid or a flat plane ]

Don't ask me. I have no clue. I read this thread a couple of days ago and wanted to see what happened to this guy. I expected it to end in tragedy.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   
If those homemade looking parachutes don't employ he's spam in a can with no plan!

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Hughes's ultimate goal is a subsequent launch that puts him miles above Earth, where the 61-year-old limousine driver hopes to photograph proof that it's a disk we all live on.

"It'll shut the door on this ball Earth," Hughes said in a flight fundraising interview with a flat-Earth group. Theories discussed during the interview included NASA being controlled by round-Earth Freemasons and Elon Musk making fake rockets from blimps.

ScienceAlert.com - Flat-Earther's Plan to Launch Himself in Homemade Rocket Just Hit a Problem.

Mad Mike, I can save you internet famedom on a stupendous death and for less money! All I need are two long sticks, some good weather, and a little help on spelling Eratosthenese (that is it, I think). He stuck a stick in the ground in one location and another a few hundred miles away. Take a measurement of the shadow's at the same moment, like noon, do some thing called "math" and you can get a rough estimate of the earth's circumference. Better measurements (using frikkin' lasers, for example!), GPS, an atomic clock, and perfectly metered sticks, and you can drive down the error percentage!

No need to shoot yourself into the sky to only find out we live on a sphere!

PS - The article is a good read to start your day off laughing!

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

This 600m flight is supposed to be a test flight. He's planning on a higher altitude flight (if he survives this one) at a later date. It should also be pointed out that he only turned to the flat earthers when his GoFundMe and other funding attempts failed. He found the FES, was 'suddenly converted', and they agreed to fund him. How convenient.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

It is NOT. Typical flat earther is not willing to go the extra mile (pun intented) to seek proof

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zelun
a reply to: amazing

Yes, respect is due. However, his experiment is poorly conceived. 1800 feet? Isn't the cruising altitude of a passenger jet around 40,000 feet? A better experiment to prove(or disprove) flat earth would be to buy a decent camera, a compass and a ticket to Brazil. Take some time-lapse footage of the "northern and southern skies." In a flat-earth situation Polaris will be visible in both hemispheres, and the stars will "turn" the same way. That, in the business, is known as a "falsifiable assertion."

Oh I agree with you, but at least he's attempting some research on it.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   
My money is on gravity.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join