It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Steam Powered Rocket Sponsored by Research Flat Earth and a Ghost Town

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

Ha, that wouldn't get him an hour in a Viper.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I don't know about this, 1,800 ft up I would not think it would get alot of evidence on proof of a flat earth. I did see that 2014 test he did that Skywatcher2011 referenced and wow that parachute. That guy had a lot of faith in that tattered thing.

Didn't images from Felix Baumgartner's 2012 space jump prove curvature of the earth?

www.redbullstratos.com...

~Morpheus

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I am going to sit back with some popcorn and watch the...... BANG!!....... Eject... oh #... .... mayday.. mayday.... Tumble.. SPLAT.

Should be a good show

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Eshel
Ok, I'm gonna come right out and ask.

Is this an "Acme" rocket?
And is his "flight engineer" a coyote by any chance?

Thank you for the ear worm. :/

Shyaring is caring..

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: bender151
a reply to: seasonal

How does he think formulas are derived? What a clown. And 1800 feet? He could rent a plane that would take him a whole lot higher.

He could rent a plane.. but then fixing his rocket to it, and factoring in the new weight ratio, he'd only get 8 ft up. Entirely impracticable for a steam powered rocket.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: bender151
a reply to: lostbook

Why doesn't anyone go the edge of the disc, peer over, and take a pic?

Can't. Walls of ice stop people from cheating.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   
How much is he charging to view it?

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Hey I respect a person that does an experiment or actual research to prove or disprove something. We need way more of that on ATS.

Or I could have put it.. Hey I respect a guy that uses a scientific experiment and science to disprove science. um...We need way more of that here on ATS!

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
Hey I respect a person that does an experiment or actual research to prove or disprove something. We need way more of that on ATS.

Or I could have put it.. Hey I respect a guy that uses a scientific experiment and science to disprove science. um...We need way more of that here on ATS!

Huh. I agree.
Is this guy on ATS? He should come join us. I love a good debate with a flat-earther.

I agree with some of the other posters that this guy is probably nothing but a publicity hound, but it's better entertainment than watching what ever pop-culture trash is trending in the MSM these days.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: servovenford

originally posted by: amazing

Huh. I agree.
Is this guy on ATS? He should come join us. I love a good debate with a flat-earther.

I agree with some of the other posters that this guy is probably nothing but a publicity hound, but it's better entertainment than watching what ever pop-culture trash is trending in the MSM these days.

Amen. I wish the guy no harm and hope it doesn't come to that, but I do want to see him launch and see what happens. I hope he's thought everything through, safety wise.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: MorpheusUSA
I don't know about this, 1,800 ft up I would not think it would get alot of evidence on proof of a flat earth. I did see that 2014 test he did that Skywatcher2011 referenced and wow that parachute. That guy had a lot of faith in that tattered thing.

Didn't images from Felix Baumgartner's 2012 space jump prove curvature of the earth?

~Morpheus
]
Save your breath dude. Flat earthers are fanatic. Any pic you show them they will claim photoshop. Show them this video and they will claim it's cgi.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

originally posted by: MorpheusUSA

~Morpheus
]
Save your breath dude. Flat earthers are fanatic. Any pic you show them they will claim photoshop. Show them this video and they will claim it's cgi.

Everyone knows that's a movie set. If you squint real hard, you can see the reflection of the catering bar Right there over africa. Looks like sandwiches again. Ugh...
edit on 22-11-2017 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   
This steam powered rocket is nothing new.
Evil Knievel used a steam powered rocket for the Snake River Canyon jump.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

Yes, respect is due. However, his experiment is poorly conceived. 1800 feet? Isn't the cruising altitude of a passenger jet around 40,000 feet? A better experiment to prove(or disprove) flat earth would be to buy a decent camera, a compass and a ticket to Brazil. Take some time-lapse footage of the "northern and southern skies." In a flat-earth situation Polaris will be visible in both hemispheres, and the stars will "turn" the same way. That, in the business, is known as a "falsifiable assertion."

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: MamaJ

He's going a mile laterally. He's only going 1800 feet vertically. He claims he eventually wants to go to space.

Most of the flat earthers I have seen claim that there is dome around the disk. I wonder how he is going to get past this dome unless he is a non domer and subscribes to one of the other wacky schools of flat earth thinking.

Also I hope he upgrades his tech. Steam is not going to get you very far if your goal is to reach space.

edit on 22-11-2017 by SolAquarius because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: seasonal

Here's his first attempt , quite impressive really.

He may not believe in science, but I bet he believes in G force after that. If this next attempt is stronger than the last I think he may die.
edit on 22-11-2017 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 01:28 AM
link   
what amazing time we live in.

People think the earth is flat vs people who think the earth is round.

An independent guy who thinks the Earth is flat can build a rocket to shoot him so high he can look at it for himself.

The earth has been proven to be round for (I believe) thousands of years.

The guy doesn't believe it and choses to go inspect for himself.

people hate him and people love him.

I say God speed my friend. It is your calling, you shall show the world, or flat thing or whatever, the truth!

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 01:52 AM
link   
a reply to: booyakasha

If he just wanted to see if the earth was flat he could have saved a lot of money with a go pro and weather balloon.

He just wants whiplash IMO.

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 02:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

flat earther will never accept go pro footage due to the fish eye. the fish eye makes it look flat and inverted and extra round.

posted on Nov, 24 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Another secret out of the bag:

“It’ll shut the door on this ball earth,” Hughes said in a fundraising interview with a flat-Earth group for Saturday’s flight. Theories discussed during the interview included NASA being controlled by round-Earth Freemasons... Source

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join