It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia posts video game screenshot as 'proof' of US helping ISIS

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 03:47 AM
link   
DOH! The Russian ministry of defense released "irrefutable proof" that the US was helping ISIS. However apparently a little little bit of seething has revealed this proof to be nothing more than a screen capture from a phone game called AC-130 Gunship Simulator: Special Ops. You normally expect this kind of cartoonish propaganda from the North Koreans........

If you want my money ISIS is being funded by the Saudi's in one form or another.

www.bbc.com...

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Today, a Russian propagandist dies in a car crash. The cause is unknown, but no foul play is suspected.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 03:50 AM
link   
The Russia propaganda machine is sometimes based on quantity of stuff chuffed out, rather than quality. Yet, the Russian propaganda machine remains highly effective in influencing thought of it's slavish and attentive readership. For example, some of the material released by Russia around MH17 was poor quality too, but you still had people on ATS thinking it was true!
edit on 15/11/2017 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 05:23 AM
link   
4chan has infested all levels of government globally.

>> posts game image
>> irrefutable proof
>> spaghetti falls out of my pocket

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 05:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: badw0lf
4chan has infested all levels of government globally.

>> posts game image
>> irrefutable proof
>> spaghetti falls out of my pocket

Actually governments are using the chans to disseminate their propaganda as they know they have a "receptive" audience there.

PizzaGate anyone.

K~

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 05:41 AM
link   
a reply to: badw0lf

Oh this post is about Russia doing badstuff you badwolf not Kekistana...
Quick say something interesting , ah spaggetti... Well 'Ты меня не тролль' back to 4chan again...
edit on 11152017 by frenchfries because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 05:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
The Russia propaganda machine is sometimes based on quantity of stuff chuffed out, rather than quality. Yet, the Russian propaganda machine remains highly effective in influencing thought of it's slavish and attentive readership. For example, some of the material released by Russia around MH17 was poor quality too, but you still had people on ATS thinking it was true!

The overarching strategy of Russian propaganda is to create the impression that it is impossible to know the truth. That is why it is often contradictory or implausible. Liberal democracy requires an informed and educated electorate; Russia's goal is to undercut that. Fascism is based on slogans, not facts.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Russia: world capital of fake news. No surprise there.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: FredT

While this is obvious garbage, weren't we arming the "rebels" against the Syrian regime? And weren't some of those rebels ISIS? I only ask because that's how it was reported I think.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Wait - this story includes Facebook, BBC and propaganda - and you guys are taking it at face value.

Bravo.

Welcome to 1984.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: and14263
Wait - this story includes Facebook, BBC and propaganda - and you guys are taking it at face value.

Bravo.

Welcome to 1984.

Yep, it's impossible to know the truth. "Welcome to 1984." Great slogan! It short circuits any attempt at critical thinking.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Man, our media is so great that other nations use it as a form of proof.

What? first the chinese using Top Gun footage and now Russians using a game I play when I'm bored...

What do you expect? dominate empire and its dominante western media ideology, people take the crumbs and try to repurpose.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001
I think you miss the point. Or picked up the wrong end of the stick. Or your ability to think critical is completely one way... and one way only.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   
news that we don't like has to be fake news....!
western world never lied ore gave wrong information as granted...
a reply to: MaxMech

edit on 15-11-2017 by ressiv because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Isn't it amazing how little traction this thread got but if the title said "Russia & Putin prove Clinton Lies" you would have 50 flags & the usual suspects in here crowing uncontrollably.

K~

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: aethertek

I don't know, you seem pretty interested in this topic.

And it's not just governments using 4chan, WaPo started the whole pizzagate thing by taking a buried, obscured post on 4chan and promoting it to headline news just so they could call it fake.

For all we know it could have been one of their interns who started it. It's pretty much common knowledge that Comet Pizza was a fabricated distraction from the real story.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit
Well the toad lickers were pushing it all over the net, even here, so hard to blame WaPo & what was it distracting from, which "real story"?

K~

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: aethertek

Exactly. That's the PsyOp they were running.

Shine the spotlight at one place so people don't look at another. I'm not even going to get into the guy who showed up a week later with a gun, who was literally a professional actor on IMDB who worked for children's charities in Haiti, and was given a secret plea bargain.

That shut down the discussion pretty quickly.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: MaxMech

Not anymore. They outsourced it to the Romanians.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   
so wait a minute are the russians cool or not?

and people still believe the russian propaganda machine did not interfere with our elections. SMH

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join