It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At Gunpoint...but NOT robbed!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   
So seein's how we're on a roll with 'gunpoint' stories...here's mine...

A number of years back I'm driving in my car with a lady friend. It was pretty late and we were headed back to my place to hang out for a while after a movie. On the way home I decided to pull into this liquor store/bar. (In Wyoming package liquor stores were many times also bars). I pull up to the drive in window (liquor stores also have drive up windows), but the window was made for trucks and it's too high for my car. So I get out of my car and ring the bell.

After a few moments the attendant opens the window and I tell her what I want. She gets my stuff and I give her a $20 bill. She goes off to get my change. As I'm standing there, between my car and the building, this guy walks up behind me, pushes my back a couple times and mumbles something. Without even turning around, I reached around behind me and gently pushed this dude back and said "hold on a second, dude, I'm just getting my change" I hadn't even seen this dude walk up behind me, but I just figured it was some dude in a hurry. The whole time I'm talking to my girlfriend in the car, just idle talk. Next thing I know this dude behind jabs me with his finger in the right kidney area and says something, but I can't understand him. Again, without turning around, I stiff armed this dude and gave him a good shove and told him "Get back!"

The gal is taking a while to come back with my change, so I turn around and look at this dude behind me. Well, what I thought was his finger jabbing me in the back was really a .357 revolver, and when I turned around he had it pointed directly at me, motioning me out of the way!!

Now, it's true what they say about how people do the weirdest stuff under extreme situations, and my case was no different. By now my girlfriend has also seen this dude and she's coiled up in terror in the front seat, afraid to breathe. Right about then the attendant opens up the window with my change. So what did I do??? Heh, I told the dude with the gun to "just hang on a second while I get my change", whereupon I casually turned around and took my change and proceeded to start getting into my car. As I did that, the attendant saw the guy behind me had a gun, so she starts screaming bloody murder. I stuck my change in my pocket, got in my car, put on my seat belt and pulled out lot. I kid you not!!

I got about 50 yards down the road and just about passed out when the full reality of what had just happened hit me. By this time my girlfriend was hysterical. So I spun a u-turn and sped back over there. There was a convenience store as part of the bar/liquor store, so I went inside real fast and told them to call 9-1-1 and the cops were there in seconds.

Note: I was actually armed that night (in my car), but for some reason I didn't personally feel like I was in danger, and not being an LEO myself I figured I'd let the authorities handle it. I probably would have been within my rights to drop this dude, but I didn't.

Fortunately, no shots were fired and the guy was taken into custody without incident.

Epilogue - Turns out this guy was very drunk and had been ejected from the bar earlier for causing trouble. He'd apparently gone out to his truck to sleep it off for a while, and then when he woke up he decided to return with a gun to settle the score from earlier. I really did just happen to be in his way.

By the time the whole thing was almost over yours truly was shaking so bad I could barely sign my own name. I guess it was the possibilities of what could have happened which was the worst part.

True story too.

edit on 11/12/2017 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Cool, now I can tell my story about holding people at gunpoint since we're on a roll. XD

ETA: Trigger Warning (It was a joke for those with glass emotions)
edit on 11/12/2017 by eXia7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: eXia7

Sure, why not!

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

It all started back in the slums of chiraq, I saw some innocent schmucks leaving a bar headed down a dark alley, I proceeded to follow them into said alley where I held them up with a bazooka and demanded all of their belongings, including their clothes. Lets just say I made a killing on that robbery.

Then one time deep in the NYC I was out strolling around and I saw some tools driving around in a heavily used BMW, I figured they were a prime target, so I slowly crept up to the window, hit it with the butt of my musket and demanded the keys. I made it about 10 miles before the car decided to die, then I proceeded to steal a car from a 102 year old woman who just got finished shopping, of course I took her home before I lifted her car.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: eXia7

It all started back in the slums of chiraq, I saw some innocent schmucks leaving a bar headed down a dark alley, I proceeded to follow them into said alley where I held them up with a bazooka and demanded all of their belongings, including their clothes. Lets just say I made a killing on that robbery.

Then one time deep in the NYC I was out strolling around and I saw some tools driving around in a heavily used BMW, I figured they were a prime target, so I slowly crept up to the window, hit it with the butt of my musket and demanded the keys. I made it about 10 miles before the car decided to die, then I proceeded to steal a car from a 102 year old woman who just got finished shopping, of course I took her home before I lifted her car.

Kids... can't understand em... can't shoot em... LOL

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   
One time when my father and I got hopelessly lost on the back roads behind West Point we ended up at a guard booth at 3 in the morning on a dirt road. I walked up to the booth to get directions how to get back on the main road and very startled guard jumped out and pointed his M16 in my face and started yelling and cursing about how we should get the F back down the road that we came in on. Good Times

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Great story!

I find the ones that are nonfiction always have a healthy dose of self deprecation lol.
edit on 12-11-2017 by JoshuaCox because: I

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   

I was twelve years old, my friend was fourteen, but simple. We were walking the deer path halfway down the side of Kepier Gorge in Durham, England, about five in the morning.

We encountered a rough looking guy with a shotgun coming towards us, the only other person I've ever met on that path.

We may have grunted "Alright?" Standard greeting in that area. I don't honestly remember if we spoke but we would have shown some acknowledgement. What happened next is clear in my memory.

He walked past us sneering unhealthily. Then he turned and said, "What if I was to shoot you both now?"

I never told my parents.
edit on 12 11 2017 by Kester because: (no reason given)

edit on 12 11 2017 by Kester because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join