It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australia dont become like NTH KOREA

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Like I said, go live in Greece on 2 Eur meals.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 12:51 AM
link   

No, I cant find 20c alcohol in Australia.

Again you ignore dragonridr's post. Why would that be?

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 12:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

Like I said, go live in Greece on 2 Eur meals.

Can you show that there are no 2euro meals in Greece?

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 12:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

No, I cant find 20c alcohol in Australia.

Again you ignore dragonridr's post. Why would that be?

Well perhaps it has something to do with Australia being an expensive place to live, also our economy has not collapsed, so there's that.

Your math is really bad, no wonder you don't get out much. After spending 10 to 15 bux a day on food she had around the same left for alcohol, she had a great time.
edit on 12-11-2017 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Why are they refugees?

What are they seeking refuge from?

Why do they want to come to Aus when Americal is the home of the free?

What pre-existing relationship do they have with Aus?

Where do they come from?

why do they not stay in their own country and work to make that country whichever it is, like Aus.

Why did they not seek refuge in a country neighouring their own?

How did they know about Australia and how did they determine Australia as their country of choice.

Just in case they are Muslims, this is my view towards them.

If minorities prefer Sharia law, then we advise them to go to those places where that’s the state law. Russia does not need minorities. Minorities need Russia and we will not grant them special privileges, or try to change our laws to fit their desires, no matter how loud they yell ’Discrimination.” Vladimir Putin

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 01:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue

Sure if they come here and want to implement Sharia law I say let them go elsewhere or die trying.

As far as why I would Hazard a guess something along the lines of the first world ,are actively subjugating those that live in the third world, otherwise known as the third world war.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 01:50 AM
link   

30 years ago.......well you are one of us by now
....Of course being from the Mother country, you have always been "one of us".
I'd still like to know your motivation for coming here...the weather? lifestyle? money? work? koalas? babes?

I have no idea why my ancestors came here.....I wish they went to the US instead, really...but there was that little thing called the Civil War on at the time, that probably put them off.

I'd be rich and famous by now, if I was a Yank, just like everyone else over there.......

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 03:23 AM
link   

No I don't think TheConstruKctionofLight is drunk or just stupid' Like you he is saying what he/she perceives from your post.

From my perspective I am confused as well.

What is your answer for these people who have been offered better conditions. I am a bit unsettled that you have offered the reason is that Australia's nearest neighbour, PNG, can only offer thugs and killers with machetes.

The locals are machete welding lawless thugs, they don't want to get chopped up, as I said earlier the locals don't want the refugees there either.

I can't speak for them personally, but these men feel safer where they are, you can be sure there is a valid reason for that. That is not the immediate case.

The protection PNG offers is perhaps better than what Australia can offer. Like any country inclusive of Aussie there are no safe havens. But not all PNG people are what you describe. If I was a PNG native I'd be horribly offended.

bally

edit on 12-11-2017 by bally001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 03:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Sure if they come here and want to implement Sharia law I say let them go elsewhere or die trying.

As far as why I would Hazard a guess something along the lines of the first world ,are actively subjugating those that live in the third world, otherwise known as the third world war.
But, you want them here! Wha!!! C'mon hopenotfeariswhatweneed you are more intelligent than that to make that statement. You just proffered a whole OP dedicated to having these men here regardless. Now you place a condition. My goodness mate. Sorry but you've blown me outta the pool with this latest.

Its exactly what all responders have been trying to tell you. YOU DON'T KNOW WHO THESE PEOPLE ARE>>>

bally

edit on 12-11-2017 by bally001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 03:35 AM
link   
a reply to: bally001

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Great quote mate! Says it all.

Our leaders need to grow some "cods". Oh sorry, some of our leaders aren't capable of this.

bally

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 04:10 AM
link   

If they are true refugees. or asylum seekers then maybe they can go to North Korea if they want to escape their country of origin . It's pretty obvious no one really wants them. Sucks to be them. Sorry to be cold about it but maybe they shouldn't have F'ed their country so much that they had to flee it and also that no one else wants to take them in.

No offense but no country has to take in people they don't want. They chose not to migrate in the prescribed manner. Quite a few at the center in question ended up having their refugee status denied.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: gort51

I stayed here originally for 3 main reasons, the weather, the lifestyle and the people, babes included.

The people here are for the most part easy going, couple that with not having to travel a long way, only to get to some beach with thousands of tourists competing for the best spot .

First time I traveled back to the U. K after moving here it was only a week or 2 and I got that homesick feeling. Sorry but it looks like you are stuck with me for the long haul.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Friends of mine lived in png until their neighbors were hacked up with machetes, they left promptly after that.

It's a pretty screwed up place.

As far these refugees go surely they can be vetted somehow, if they are deemed dangerous fine send me elsewhere. Otherwise I think we can do better than we are. What you are saying in your second post on this page I am sure the conversation between Trump and turnbul had a similar theme, something along the lines of "we don't want them" with a reply of "hell we don't want them either "

Please understand I'm not advocating them coming here, I just think being a first world nation we can do better for those less fortunate, it's simply a moral conundrum.

As far as the title goes, it's clickbait, without the bait no one gets hooked.
edit on 12-11-2017 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

There is no easy answer, one thing is for sure, they must be in a poor way if they felt the need to hop on a dodgy boat and hopefully get to a better place.

Our society has grown on the back of people helping each other, we are now at a place where people have their pie and don't want to share it, seems to me part of our cycle of failure is this simple reality, once society fails and we are sent back to the stone age, the survivor's will once again work together for the betterment of all..

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   
They should take the 25k and go home then try for Europe instead.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: oddnutz
They should take the 25k and go home then try for Europe instead.

Indeed, chances are they would make it into Europe.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 07:20 AM
link   

I do not know from where you hale ...

We have in these times a few different Aussie types .. other ... than what was once revered .

Old school is from where I start.

Willing to discuss reason as to a positive future ...

Where we are all on the same page.

More work needed...
edit on 16-11-2017 by Timely because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Thanks...some sanity prevails

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 01:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: bally001

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

But, you want them here! Wha!!! C'mon hopenotfeariswhatweneed you are more intelligent than that to make that statement. You just proffered a whole OP dedicated to having these men here regardless. Now you place a condition. My goodness mate. Sorry but you've blown me outta the pool with this latest.

Its exactly what all responders have been trying to tell you. YOU DON'T KNOW WHO THESE PEOPLE ARE>>>

bally

You are right we don't know who these people are, in saying that these people do not know who we are and are taking a giant leap of faith in the hope that we care enough to help.

Not sure how to spin that as us being the good guys.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join