It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australia dont become like NTH KOREA

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

As if you folks in Australia just let anyone immigrate to your country.

You don't.

Your standards are very selective. You only take people who will actually help out your country with skills you need. This is so your country stays a low population, nice environment place.

Which do you think benefits your country more - to remain selective about the skills of the people you allow in in very limited number or to simply absorb any person who demands they be allowed in whenever they want in in any numbers they should happen to appear and demand to be absorbed while at the same time maintaining your strict quotas on all other types of immigrant hopefuls?

I'll bet you'll be doing just peachy allowing in unlimited poor, uneducated people while you maintain your strict quotas on skilled labor.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

That's a little harsh, to start there are only 600 of these refugees, it's one thing not to let them in, it's another to just keep them prisoners in less than third world conditions.

Keeping our population low and skilled has nothing at all to do with saving our environment, you should know better than that. Our dear leaders are no different to the rest of the short sighted leaders all over the world, money is the driving force and trampled and destroys anything that gets in its way.

Just look up the Adani coal mine.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   

So 600 people on an island get to demand to you that they are entitled to come into your country? They have been offered other accommodations.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   

The alternative accommodations are not safe for them, the locals don't want them there either.

Should we just kill them and throw them in the ocean.. Job done?
edit on 10-11-2017 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 04:52 AM
link   
a reply to: bellagirl

OP won't answer that question or elaborate. Asked the same thing myself.

OP is missing the point. Let this mob in then we have to let all in.

Once in they will complain about conditions again. Then another OP.

bally

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 06:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

The alternative accommodations are not safe for them, the locals don't want them there either.

Should we just kill them and throw them in the ocean.. Job done?

I looked atthenew place seems secure to me and alot nicer then where they are at now. So what makes you think it isnt safe? Especially since where they are at now they have no security. And the locals want them to leave because according to them they are stealing their stuff. If they stay PNG military will remove them.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 06:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: bally001
a reply to: bellagirl

OP won't answer that question or elaborate. Asked the same thing myself.

OP is missing the point. Let this mob in then we have to let all in.

Once in they will complain about conditions again. Then another OP.

bally

I dont think thats the issue. I bet Australiangovt thinks if they just allow boat people to enter then more will take the risk. Which increases the amount of rescues and deaths for the ones they didnt get to. Tough position to be in and lose lose for australia.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: bally001

No, I don’t think she’s missing the point, rather she has a bit of a heart for these people.

Is there any culpability on the PNG gov on what happens to these people? Seems that because PNG is a # hole, and unsafe, it’s still somehow Australia’s fault...

I lack any sort of heart for these people I’m not afraid to say, but it seems that the longer they wait it out, the bigger the payout will be...it’s Browse Basin all over again.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

The locals are machete welding lawless thugs, they don't want to get chopped up, as I said earlier the locals don't want the refugees there either.

I can't speak for them personally, but these men feel safer where they are, you can be sure there is a valid reason for that.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

I'm a guy, must be my bleeding heart that makes me come across as female to you.

In essence you are right, although I dont think it's Australias fault for png being such a hole. I just don't like seeing people suffer needlessly, just one of my many flaws.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Wow, I always thought you were female!

My humblest apologies!

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

Wow, I always thought you were female!

My humblest apologies!

As did I....my apologies also.

So hope...you mentioned earlier that you emigrated to Australia from England, recently?

Did you happen to leave England, because it was become overcrowded with...."Refugees"?

Remembering Australia is, atm, mostly a native Great Britain majority population, along with Germans, Italian, Greek and other Europeans of all tribes, plus Orientals, Indians, and middle easterns and others making up the population (the native Australoids notwithstanding), that we are ALL immigrants (invaders) to this foreign land, I am interested in why you picked this land as your new home?

Sincerely of course........I wish I knew more of my original ancestors and why they spend 6 months in a leaky boat to come here from Prussia and southern England in 1854 and 1855 subsequently.....without any real knowledge of what was to become of their future.

It would be interesting to hear your perspective, that may shed light on why these "Illegals" are so desperate to venture here....

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 11:43 PM
link   

You're the one making that claim

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 12:01 AM
link   

You said a month which is say 31 days, that alone works out to $1085 (@ $35 a day) Cheapest airfare I could find Nov-Jan 2018 is Qatar @ $1735.

You want to go there and find out for yourself, the only way to cure your ignorance is to travel.

LOL I have been there, whereas you talked about your friends experience there. Go find a 2 Eur sandwich in Greece...good luck...

Your words....

A friend of mine just came back from Greece.....
, 2-3 a meal, she stayed a month, when I queried her

But then again you claimed that Manus Island is as bad as North Korea without having traveled outside your bubble.

Just curious, just because many Aussies are lazy dole bludging twats, what makes

You should move back to Britain...seeing we're mainly lazy here. Too much vitamin D has affected your cognitive functioning; too much too soon.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 12:08 AM
link   

I noticed you conveniently ignored this post

from dragonridr

Ok i looked in to this and you owe Australians an apology. They offered to move them to th e east lorengua refugee transit center. A new facility they built just for them. If they chose not to go Australia offered them 25000.00 per person if they returned to their home country. So next i looked at the east loengau refugee camp once admitted they are given mobile phones with 500 kina credits. A kina is .31 of us dollar. So they get 155.00 in us for phone service. Though they are responsible to refill it. They get 100 kinas per week and for each class they attend they earn an additional 3 for every class hour. Offer 15 hours per week these classes teach English, PNG culture and cooking classes. So they can earn an additional 45 kinas a week . Mean s each. Person can earn $44.95 US per week. They get free electricity housing 3 meals a day and are provided clothing and things like soap through charities. In addition they were given the opportunity to seek asylum in the US but passed up on this.

So please explain how this is the way north koreans treat its people? I would bet North koreans would love to be paid $44.95 a week. To end this lets check out the new place.

www.abc.net.au...

www.abc.net.au...

mobile.twitter.com...

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 12:10 AM
link   

OP is missing the point.

The biggest point that has flown over his head is that his beloved England has been overrun by multi-culturism - he came here to escape those conditions and claim the high moral ground.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

It's all good I'm not offended.

Looking at the post below yours it would appear to be a common theme, I played a lot of online poker in the recent past and my username and attitude also had people mistake me for being female.

If I cared enough about what people thought of me perhaps I could make changes, turns out I couldn't care less.

When I joined this site I had no intention on sticking around, turns out I quite like the place, I considered starting a new account under a more likeable name ...

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 12:33 AM
link   
a reply to: gort51

I moved here 30 years ago, my extended family live all over Europe, perhaps you have mistaken one of my recent trips as a recent permanent move, I have mentioned travel on numerous occasions.

England has always been a multicultural place, I don't think it's being overrun by any means, when I read posts from certain members on this site about Europe being overtaken by immigrants I lol as its just utter clap trap.

Here in oz we have also a varied multicultural mix, and like elsewhere in the world, the Chinese stick with their own, no different to mulsims.

The people desperate to get here are coming from substandard accommodations and are looking for a better life, I would imagine if you were unlucky enough to be born in #sville you would hope to find a better place too.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 12:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

You said a month which is say 31 days, that alone works out to $1085 (@ $35 a day) Cheapest airfare I could find Nov-Jan 2018 is Qatar @ $1735.

You want to go there and find out for yourself, the only way to cure your ignorance is to travel.

LOL I have been there, whereas you talked about your friends experience there. Go find a 2 Eur sandwich in Greece...good luck...

Your words....

A friend of mine just came back from Greece.....
, 2-3 a meal, she stayed a month, when I queried her

But then again you claimed that Manus Island is as bad as North Korea without having traveled outside your bubble.

Just curious, just because many Aussies are lazy dole bludging twats, what makes

You should move back to Britain...seeing we're mainly lazy here. Too much vitamin D has affected your cognitive functioning; too much too soon.

Congratulations on your embrace of ignorance. Why even ask a question if you already think you know the answer. The only cure for your ignorance is to travel outside of the bubble you live in, I can't help you there, the onus is on you.
edit on 12-11-2017 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 12:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

OP is missing the point.

The biggest point that has flown over his head is that his beloved England has been overrun by multi-culturism - he came here to escape those conditions and claim the high moral ground.

What are you on about? Are you drunk or just stupid?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join