It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When Words Become Violence

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
I can't speak in absolutes, but you can? What ridiculous hypocrisy.

I never said I could. I actually go out of my way not to. I won't say that I never do because I'm sure I have at some point, which is a perfect example of me trying not to speak in absolutes.

ETA: Also "you" in that post should be understood as "one" and not "you in particular".

No sorry, destroying mass produced replicas and recordings of videos or music is not the same as destroying originals. How about you try applying the same logic.

Who said they were all massed produced replicas?

There are also many originals that most people don't really care about. That is the part of the logic that your emotions won't let you see. You want to believe that they are important but they are not.
edit on 21-11-2017 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

I can't speak in absolutes, but you can? What ridiculous hypocrisy.

I never said I could. I actually go out of my way not to. I won't say that I never do because I'm sure I have at some point, which is a perfect example of me trying not to speak in absolutes.

ETA: Also "you" in that post should be understood as "one" and not "you in particular".

No sorry, destroying mass produced replicas and recordings of videos or music is not the same as destroying originals. How about you try applying the same logic.

Who said they were all massed produced replicas?

There are also many originals that most people don't really care about. That is the part of the logic that your emotions won't let you see. You want to believe that they are important but they are not.

There is nothing wrong with speaking in absolutes. You're just wasting your own energy when it could be spent on formulating better arguments.

You brought up garden gnomes and cassette tapes as if these were examples of human art. You put garden gnomes in the same category as the Great Sphynx, or the Buddhas of Bamiyan.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   

There is nothing wrong with speaking in absolutes. You're just wasting your own energy when it could be spent on formulating better arguments.

The arguments have already been made. If you can't grasp them then anything I'm doing here is just for entertainment purposes.

You brought up garden gnomes and cassette tapes as if these were examples of human art. You put garden gnomes in the same category as the Great Sphynx, or the Buddhas of Bamiyan.

I never said garden gnomes and who said some forgotten cassettes can't have some worthwhile original music on them?

I also never said they were in the same category. I said that many people don't care about those things being destroyed. It just so happens to also be true that many people don't care about the Great Sphynx, or the Buddhas of Bamiyan either.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

Your arguments have already been proven stupid. You must be having a great time then.

Most people don't care about a lot of things. I'm not sure what that has to do with anything I've stated or the arguments I've made.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Your arguments have already been proven stupid. You must be having a great time then.

Not really. You haven't proven anything other than you thinking your opinions are different than other people's opinions.

Not a great time but it is something to do.

Most people don't care about a lot of things. I'm not sure what that has to do with anything I've stated or the arguments I've made.

That is exactly the point, you are not sure because you can't grasp what is being said.

You even said it earlier in the thread that you didn't understand my points but that is on you, the listener.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   

It is completely on me. I have little patience for those who cannot even formulate an argument, instead reverting to relativism in order to make a little power play. But I think I can see right through that nonsense for what it is: gibberish. Thankfully I enjoy exposing postmodernist tripe as much as you like engaging in it.

You cannot even tell the difference between an argument or opinion, something I've brought up countless times. But again, that's what postmodernists do. In fact, it's all they can do.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

All just your opinions.

Just because you don't get it or don't agree doesn't mean my arguments are not valid.

ETA: What is a postmodernist? Just in case I run into one.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   

All just your opinions.

Just because you don't get it or don't agree doesn't mean my arguments are not valid.

ETA: What is a postmodernist? Just in case I run into one.

Again, there is a difference between opinion and argument, a point that you can not or will not address.

It doesn't mean they are valid either.

You are a postmodernist.
edit on 21-11-2017 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Again, there is a difference between opinion and argument, a point that you can not or will not address.

Of course there is. I pointed out that some of your arguments are based on opinion. You disagree and dismiss. What else is there to do?

It doesn't mean they are valid either.

I guess that if you could figure out what I am saying you might agree that they are valid but I'm no longer waiting on you to do that.

You are a postmodernist.

No, I am not.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Of course there is. I pointed out that some of your arguments are based on opinion. You disagree and dismiss. What else is there to do?

A start would be to learn the difference between an argument and opinion. Pretty simple.

I guess that if you could figure out what I am saying you might agree that they are valid but I'm no longer waiting on you to do that.

You could save yourself some time if you were able to formulate arguments, but I'm not going to wait on you to do that.

No, I am not.

That's just your opinion.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   
LOL my friend....when opinion becomes non sequitors, and logic then fails us.....that's inherent in your topic, as articulate on any subject that you are. Not laughing AT you, but hopefully with you. It is what it is....
tetra

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   

A start would be to learn the difference between an argument and opinion. Pretty simple.

I know the difference. The fact that I said that some of your arguments contain opinion shows that. Even simpler.

You could save yourself some time if you were able to formulate arguments, but I'm not going to wait on you to do that.

I have formulated the arguments and, despite being very simple and straightforward, you say you don't understand. No need for more.

That's just your opinion.

Well, I don't have a membership card for that club so it isn't just an opinion.

I'm not even a philosopher so I didn't even fill an application to join them.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   

I know the difference. The fact that I said that some of your arguments contain opinion shows that. Even simpler.

You said it is all my opinion. Now my arguments contain opinion. Another lie like your so-called "fact" that all I do is thread after thread about "words", which you expressed right before taking your leave. Yet, here you are, again.

Yes your gibberish didn't make a coherent sentence, let alone an argument.

Walks like a duck talks like a duck.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: tetra50

LOL my friend....when opinion becomes non sequitors, and logic then fails us.....that's inherent in your topic, as articulate on any subject that you are. Not laughing AT you, but hopefully with you. It is what it is....
tetra

That's not quite true. The topic is that words are not violence.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   

You said it is all my opinion.

Actually, I said everything in a particular post was opinion.

Now my arguments contain opinion. Another lie like your so-called "fact" that all I do is thread after thread about "words", which you expressed right before taking your leave. Yet, here you are, again.

You even posted a link to one of those threads so it can hardly be a lie.

ETA: I just noticed the fact you made up there. I never said "all you do is thread after thread about "words". I said "you have made numerous threads based on the same topic". Talk about doing anything just to be right.

Yes your gibberish didn't make a coherent sentence, let alone an argument.

To you.

Walks like a duck talks like a duck.

But isn't even a bird.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Actually, I said everything in a particular post was opinion.

And that's all you can do.

You even posted a link to one of those threads so it can hardly be a lie.

ETA: I just noticed the fact you made up there. I never said "all you do is thread after thread about "words". I said "you have made numerous threads based on the same topic". Talk about doing anything just to be right.

Here's what you wrote: "The dead horse is you making thread after thread about "words".

You might have to try a little harder to keep your lies straight. But as we know, every postmodernist's statement is a little attempt at a power play, but their when their power is shown to be a weakness, it all crumbles.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

And that's all you can do.

Has nothing to do with what was being discussed.

I never said everything you have ever written is opinion. I was only talking about one specific post.

You really do have trouble understanding things.

Here's what you wrote: "The dead horse is you making thread after thread about "words".

But I didn't say that is "all you do". That is the part you made up.

Add the quote I posted where I specified "numerous threads" and you have the correct context.

No lies, it is all there in plain text. You trying to twist it isn't going to change what was actually posted.

Popping back out, while retaining the exclusive right to hop back in, if I feel like it.
edit on 22-11-2017 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Has nothing to do with what was being discussed.

I never said everything you have ever written is opinion. I was only talking about one specific post.

You really do have trouble understanding things.

I've already admitted I have trouble understanding nonsense.

Add the quote I posted where I specified "numerous threads" and you have the correct context.

No lies, it is all there in plain text. You trying to twist it isn't going to change what was actually posted.

No, it's all in the same post, which I was talking about the whole time, and which I'll quote here:

"The dead horse is you making thread after thread about "words". What I might or might not support, much like "words" has no effect on that. [LIE]

It is a simple fact that I happen to point out here. [LIE]

ETA: That being done I will now take my leave. [LIE]

Your post is here

Lie. See above.

Lies, hypocrisy. See above.

edit on 22-11-2017 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   

I've already admitted I have trouble understanding nonsense.

That is what I said, your opinion that it is nonsense is due to you not being able to understand. What changed?

No, it's all in the same post, which I was talking about the whole time, and which I'll quote here:

We already saw it. What I was talking about wasn't that post.

"The dead horse is you making thread after thread about "words". What I might or might not support, much like "words" has no effect on that. [LIE]

It is a simple fact that I happen to point out here. [LIE]

There is context. If you choose to ignore it then that is on you.

ETA: And "all you do" is nowhere in that quote. That is something you made up.

ETA: That being done I will now take my leave. [LIE]

People have the ability to take a leave and then return. How is that a lie? Your argument is weak.

Lies, hypocrisy. See above.

Sorry, but no.
edit on 22-11-2017 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   

That is what I said, your opinion that it is nonsense is due to you not being able to understand. What changed?

Nothing. I completely agree with you. I cannot understand a single argument you've attempted to make. Yes, that's my problem.

There is context. If you choose to ignore it then that is on you.

ETA: And "all you do" is nowhere in that quote. That is something you made up.

You've ignored the context. You've ignored your own lies. You've spread lies and falsity. That's all on you, but we know you won't accept responsibility.

I was paraphrasing, but I doubt you know what that means.

People have the ability to take a leave and then return. How is that a lie? Your argument is weak.

I don't believe a single thing that you say. You've already tried to cover your lies with more lies. No one but a fool announces that they are going to leave after complaining about a "dead horse topic", only to return later on and keep talking about the topic.

Sorry, but no.

No apologies necessary, but another lie.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join