It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman Says Alabama Senate Nominee Roy Moore Sexually Assaulted Her When She Was 14

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Thats louie to his friends.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   
For those of you who think all 14 year old girls run around telling people about the sexual harassments and/or rapes that have happened to them....

Then you've never been a 14 year old girl.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

“Wendy Miller says she was 14 and working as a Santa’s helper at the Gadsden Mall when Moore first approached her, and 16 when he asked her on dates, which her mother forbade,” writes the Post. “Debbie Wesson Gibson says she was 17 when Moore spoke to her high school civics class and asked her out on the first of several dates that did not progress beyond kissing. Gloria Thacker Deason says she was an 18-year-old cheerleader when Moore began taking her on dates that included bottles of Mateus Rosé wine.”

16 is age of consent in Alabama. Him asking a 16, 17, and 18 year old out on a date isn't violating any laws. Is he a perv? Yes, if he did ask these girls out, he sure is. But he didn't break any laws. The bottle of wine is simply a ridiculous add-in to attempt to draw some sort of media buzz from an 18 year old going on a consentual date with an older man because in absence of the wine the date is literally as "and?" addition to WaPo's cutting edge *ahem* "journalism."

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge
For those of you who think all 14 year old girls run around telling people about the sexual harassments and/or rapes that have happened to them....

If this is true I hope the people of Alabama put pressure on him to step down. ALL people in Alabama.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
I find it ironic that when a hollywood type get accused of being a perve, it's "stringem up no questions asked" but when

a conservative gets accused....fake news, need more info, deep state influence, and stroke the strawman....

Because its been "known" about in Hollywood for many many years.

I've lived in Alabama for 25 years and remember similar accusations around the time of the 10 commandments issue that didn't pan out.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: vor78
As I said in the other thread, after almost 40 years, I'm going to need more evidence that this actually happened than just someone's accusations.

Here ya go...apparently there were many others. Lecherous old perv!!

www.rawstory.com...

Again, these are just accusations. Mainly, I want to know if any of them ever filed a police report or any other kind of legal action against Moore around the time these incidents supposedly took place.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

originally posted by: CranialSponge

If this is true I hope the people of Alabama put pressure on him to step down. ALL people in Alabama.

A large percentage of grown women don't have the courage to admit these things to others because it's such a deep and personal violation, nevermind young girls.

Unfortunately, they try to push it to the back of their minds in a desperate attempt at self-preservation (a survival instinct).

Most victims (particularly the younger they are) tend to blame themselves in some way, or are fearful of repercussions, or are embarrassed, or just plain scared, or all of the above.

My hats off to any and all victims who put on a brave face and tell someone, anyone... no matter how long it takes you to build up the courage.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
I was sexually assaulted when I was 7. If that babysitter becomes rich, I might file charges!

I'm sorry to hear that. I am sure there are reasons that you never pursued it. On the other hand, doen't it seem a lot safer to report such things these days? Is that not a good thing?

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Got 4 women with NOTHING to really gain who don't know one another?

DOn't see any reason to really question their motives:

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: DanteGaland

So there's no burden of proof required in your mind? We have an entire legal system that covers every crime except accusations of sexual assault, and for those we remove the bar and just take whatever the accuser says as the gospel?

Am I hearing you right?

Are you DEFENDING this guy and his possible sexual misconduct?

And are you shaming and casting doubt on victims, making it harder for people to EVER come forward in the future?

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: DanteGaland

DOn't see any reason to really question their motives

And yet another reason why most women/girls won't admit to these things happening to them... the reactions of others victimizes them all over again.

It's a very big ugly pill to have to swallow.

No other crime normally questions and lays blame instantaneously on the victim. But when it comes to rape and sexual harrassment ? It's almost a given from a large percentage of the population, including law enforcement.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   
First Thread Here

Closing Duplicate

top topics

<< 1   >>

join