It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Public school in Minnesota requires English course aimed at eradicating white privilege

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Where to start, where to start. This article is so full of racism and media inspired SJW superheros it is hard to believe.

A public school in Minnesota is requiring a race based English course aimed at eradicating "white privilege", but the school lied to patents about what the course was about.
There is a back lash against the class, saying that the class is an abuse of taypayer money and students.

A public high school in Minnesota implemented a required, race-based English course aimed at eradicating “white privilege,” but it wasn’t billed that way to students or parents, according to a public policy organization.
“Pre-AP English 10 constitutes an abuse of parents’ trust, taxpayers’ money and — most importantly — vulnerable children,” Katherine Kersten, a senior policy fellow for the Center of the American Experiment, told Fox News. “
www.foxnews.com... eedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+foxnews%2Fnational+%28Internal+-+US+Latest+-+Text%29

(Give ya an idea of what the school is like.) 80 staff members, mostly teachers, cosigned an editorial bashing Trump. In the editorial the staff said many of the students don't feel "safe" and that the teachers will "fight" for you and rebellion against a broken world.

80 staff members — most teachers — co-signed an editorial in the student newspaper bashing President-elect Donald Trump and aligning themselves with the Democratic Party and Hillary Clinton.

“Many of you [students] have made clear ... that right now, you don’t feel physically safe,” the article read. “Know that we will do all that we can ... to fight for you,” and that “we will teach rebellion against a broken world.”

And we come to the really cool reason for classes like this. Get those white males. Feedback has shown that the white males feel humiliated by the class.
And as an added bonus: Since the new mandatory super hate white males class was implemented test scores have gone from #5 to #29 in reading proficiency.

Students, especially young, white males, said they constantly were humiliated.

One of the boys wrote on the “Rate My Professor” website that the class should be renamed, “Why White Males Are Bad, and How Oppressive They Are.”

Edina High School, located in an affluent suburb outside the Twin Cities, started experiencing lower test results and their ranking in the state started dropping since the race-based policies were implemented. For example, going from 5th to 29th in reading proficiency between 2014 and 2017.

According to the architect of the class Jackie Roehl, the school was to give the "learners" (students) the necessary values to survive in a global world and that could not be possible with out a discussion of race, racism and Whiteness. Roehl also encourages students to examine how whiteness silences some voices.

While the school sold the course in one way, English teacher Jackie Roehl, one of the principal designers of the course, shared a more candid version in a book written for teachers called: “More Courageous Conversations About Race.”

“Understanding Critical race theory was a significant reason behind our school taking another step on our equity journey — incorporating a study of Critical race theory into our sophomore English classes,” Roehl wrote. “English teachers felt that our district’s mission to give all learners the ‘ethical values necessary to thrive in a rapidly changing, culturally diverse, global society’ could not be fully met without explicit discussions of race, racism, and Whiteness.”

Roehl added that they “encouraged students to examine the role that power has in the stories studied to get a sense of the ways Whiteness silences some voices and amplifies others.”

And here is the goal. Make students look over their shoulder when they give a thought, after all it may be a forbidden one or, Lord forbid, a micro aggression. So students will parrot the teacher's pith or be deemed a racist or exploiting Whiteness.

“The Edina schools’ new race-based ideology undermines all students’ ability to think creatively and critically — that is, to think freely,” Kersten wrote. “Students are learning to parrot orthodoxy back to teachers and to look nervously over their shoulders in case the authorities catch them in a forbidden thought or a ‘microaggression.’ They are learning that, at school, a top priority must be to please those in power. Disturbingly, some parents say that their children appear to see nothing out of the ordinary in this.”

The story goes on into greater detail. It is worth a read if you want to see how racism is creeping into public schools.

edit on 5-11-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I am thankful every day for my White Privilege. I would have been a miserable Black person.

+9 more 
posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   
White privileged is such a joke. Off the top of my head I can think of more black millionaires than white ones..

You cant turn on the TV without seeing Steve Harvey. Where exactly is this fabled white privilege?

We even had a black POTUS for 8 years .

People need to stop blaming white people for their effing problems. Your problems are your problems and you have just as much a chance to get rich in this country as any one else.

+10 more 
posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

White privilege is a racist term.

Whenever you take a race and assign a universal trait to them all it is the definition of racism.

And yes exposing kids of any color to this is poison.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Reading, 'Riting, 'Rithmetic, and Rebelling Against a Broken World (as defined by us).

The Four R's of a successful education.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Sargon did a great "This Week in Stupid" in which he addresses this whole Racist Anti White propaganda.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   
So heartening to know our schools are embracing Frankfurt School's Neo-Marxist dogma. Critical race theory developed from Critical Theory as first espoused by Marcuse, Adorno and others of the Frankfurt School. They fled Germany and ended up in the US bringing their Marxist theories here where it found fertile ground in academia.
en.wikipedia.org...

Marxism is firmly rooted in our public schools now thanks to the teachers union and NEA.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
So heartening to know our schools are embracing Frankfurt School's Neo-Marxist dogma. Critical race theory developed from Critical Theory as first espoused by Marcuse, Adorno and others of the Frankfurt School. They fled Germany and ended up in the US bringing their Marxist theories here where it found fertile ground in academia.
en.wikipedia.org...

Marxism is firmly rooted in our public schools now thanks to the teachers union and NEA.

Tell me the majority of these goals haven't already been reached?

The Naked Communist, 45 Communist goals

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   
You know the old saying.

Nobody is born a racist.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Good Lord, CRT again? Trying to teach that as gospel to high school sophomores? Glad people are finally fighting back over such obvious drivel passing as fact.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Welp thought I could make it through the day without feeling the need for some whiskey, so much for that idea.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

I find it odd that this has been a mandatory class since 2013 and we are now finding about this racist class.

Heads should roll, I wonder if that will happen to any of the race baiters in this story?

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Course not it will continue to receive little to no coverage and they will just shut up till the furor dies down, the only way anything will change is if parents demand a head on a pike and stick on this school like a pit bull with a bone.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Has America gone completely Mad? This is not the America I grew up in!!! What in tarnation is wrong with this Generation?

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: blackadder01

And the teachers in the class would respond that the America you grew up in was full of White privilege (a racist term) and lamenting and wishing for the good old days means you are by de-facto a racist.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   

the only thing holding anyone back in the u.s.a. is themselves.
being accountable for oneself is the first step to getting yourself out of a bad situation.
i was taught that nothing is given to you. everything that you need or want is worked for.

hard work + self accountability + some education = successful life.

if schools really wanted to help students they would teach children how not to go into debt.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Sargon did a great "This Week in Stupid" in which he addresses this whole Racist Anti White propaganda.

Unsettling to watch this to say the least.

Thank You Obama, Clintonites and all the Asshats before you for perpetrating this Racist BS. I can truly say right now that I am ashamed of how this Country has dived into the abyss face first in the name of Truth. Liberal Hypocracy is deafening, and highly deplorable to my ears.
edit on 5-11-2017 by blackadder01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: subfab

That equation is not true. Lots of people work hard and are self accountable and the rest and are not successful. But the equation is a good start. And let's not act like racism does not exist. It does.
Is racism a huge problem. Not from my experience in a multi billion $$ multi national corporation.
If you go through the offices, it is very diverse. Now in the skilled trades very very white, and only men. Now is the skilled trade department a racist dept?

hard work + self accountability + some education = successful life.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I've heard of this book. Colin started talking about it a year or 2 ago.

The teacher in the article won an award in her state.
edit on 5-11-2017 by Merlynn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Tell me the majority of these goals haven't already been reached?

The Naked Communist, 45 Communist goals

The Naked Communist is a strawman book written by an FBI agent.

Its stated goals haven't been endorsed by a single Communist that I'm aware of.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join