It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Popular Twitter Personality and "American Blogger" Exposed As Russian Trolls

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Let's take a walk back to 2011, shall we?

U.S. Groups Helped Nurture Arab Uprisings

By RON NIXONAPRIL 14, 2011

WASHINGTON — Even as the United States poured billions of dollars into foreign military programs and anti-terrorism campaigns, a small core of American government-financed organizations were promoting democracy in authoritarian Arab states.

The money spent on these programs was minute compared with efforts led by the Pentagon. But as American officials and others look back at the uprisings of the Arab Spring, they are seeing that the United States’ democracy-building campaigns played a bigger role in fomenting protests than was previously known, with key leaders of the movements having been trained by the Americans in campaigning, organizing through new media tools and monitoring elections.

A number of the groups and individuals directly involved in the revolts and reforms sweeping the region, including the April 6 Youth Movement in Egypt, the Bahrain Center for Human Rights and grass-roots activists like Entsar Qadhi, a youth leader in Yemen, received training and financing from groups like the International Republican Institute, the National Democratic Institute and Freedom House, a nonprofit human rights organization based in Washington, according to interviews in recent weeks and American diplomatic cables obtained by WikiLeaks.

The work of these groups often provoked tensions between the United States and many Middle Eastern leaders, who frequently complained that their leadership was being undermined, according to the cables.

The Republican and Democratic institutes are loosely affiliated with the Republican and Democratic Parties. They were created by Congress and are financed through the National Endowment for Democracy, which was set up in 1983 to channel grants for promoting democracy in developing nations. The National Endowment receives about $100 million annually from Congress. Freedom House also gets the bulk of its money from the American government, mainly from the State Department.

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined

The US putting 5 billion into Ukraine must of had some contacts involved . Oh wait here were are today looking back at what surely must of been Russian propaganda .

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

They all have a globalist agenda but don't like it when the globe hits back!

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 09:38 PM
link   
If a Twitter account is not verified, it could anyone posting, for any reason.

I'm curious now, to see what they were tweeting. LoL

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

There was a New York Times article a few years ago that had a basic daily schedule for an employee: 5 political posts, 10 non-political posts, 20 comments on other employees posts.

Non-political posts were as mundane as Kardashian news to spiritualism and fortune telling. You can track what they're pushing at this website: dashboard.securingdemocracy.org...

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 12:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

Honest question, what does it matter where "she "was from?

If she was a collection of trolls from kansas, would that be better?

Seriously? It matters she's from Russia because Russia is the country that was running this huge operation to infiltrate American social media on all sides. This is one more story that proves that narrative true and shows how serious it is.

There are two reasons it matters that Russia, not Kansas, were behind the trolling.

Number one, if she was a troll in Kansas, then she would not be related to the Russian operation. It would be an entirely different story. Number two, the Russians seem to have a sophisticated operation going on, with a lot more resources than some random troll farm in Kansas. Also, the Russians more than likely have a sinister motive behind infiltrating the American political scene through social media.

Someone in Kansas might have a somewhat sinister motive and some resources, but probably not to the same degree as the Russians.
edit on 04amSat, 04 Nov 2017 00:52:21 -0500kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

edit on 04amSat, 04 Nov 2017 00:53:44 -0500kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Interesting reveal. I haven't a clue who she is myself, but that it's a fake troll account doesn't surprise me in the least. I'd not even blink an eye if it suddenly came to light that the majority of social media accounts were similar trolls. Disinfo campaigns are just one more thing people have to be on the lookout for now.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   
So propaganda agents have infiltrated and dominate social media, and this is a surprise?
Not to me, I have been posting about 9/11 and Ron Paul since back in the day, not only here but other places too.
Post history and style of posting that defies normal logic tells the tale.

Personal story on another website that shall remain nameless a certain poster constantly gets down-voted with virtually everything they post, basically every post they make is hated, this website allows users to actually pay a small fee to be there(but it is voluntary) and this stops them from getting banned. One day he makes a post so ridiculous I call him out saying something about his paymasters. I then get a private message from another long time poster saying ignore this guy it is strongly suspected he is on the payroll of George Soros Open Society Foundations.
edit on 4-11-2017 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33
So propaganda agents have infiltrated and dominate social media, and this is a surprise?
Not to me, I have been posting about 9/11 and Ron Paul since back in the day, not only here but other places too.
Post history and style of posting that defies normal logic tells the tale.

Personal story on another website that shall remain nameless a certain poster constantly gets down-voted with virtually everything they post, basically every post they make is hated, this website allows users to actually pay a small fee to be there(but it is voluntary) and this stops them from getting banned. One day he makes a post so ridiculous I call him out saying something about his paymasters. I then get a private message from another long time poster saying ignore this guy it is strongly suspected he is on the payroll of George Soros Open Society Foundations.

Pst...Reddit doesn't work like that.

Well, you can pay for Reddit "gold" but that doesn't mean mods/admins can't ban you. Hell, anyone can "gift" anyone else Reddit gold to their account. You could buy it for yourself as well. It basically adds features you get from the Reddit RES browser plugin and access to a special subreddit for gold members.

That's it ... really.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Aren't you in the UK? If not I apologize but if you are than I guess, according to your philosophy, every comment you make on USA politics is essentially foreign trolling designed to influence our American opinions. There you discredited yourself, foreigner!

Hahah but seriously, although a source can make a claim suspect, it doesn't automatically discredit it.

Propaganda can be true and valuable, just as it can be false and damaging.

For example the US Military created propaganda in WW2 to warn soldiers about VD and suggest they shouldn't carelessly sleep with foreign women while on tour.

Does that mean, since it was propaganda created by a military intelligence troll farm, that VD isn't a legitimate danger to troops? No.

Just because it was actual propaganda doesn't mean it's false or damaging. In the case I provided the propaganda was true and valuable.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

Nah, Ante is on American soil, however, being worse than a foreigner, he may be an Eagles fan. I don’t know, but he’s definitely state-side.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

We have a msm on both sides that is at worst corrupt and at best inept

That's just it. On the one had there's an absurd amount of cronyism, where high-profile reporters are related through blood or through marriage to those in politics. Chris & Andrew Cuomo (CNN, NY Gov) and the Bush twins are the best example, though there are plenty of others.

Then there is the degree to which Public Relations has infiltrated news media and that's been bad for decades. Most news - I'd go as far as to estimate that outside of crime reporting it's about 95% - is just copied nearly verbatim from press releases. There's very little real journalism of the investigative, chase-the-story sort anymore.

Social media 'trolls' are just a new twist on a very old game.
edit on 5-11-2017 by ChadeS because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
If you are afraid of Twitter then don't read it.

I don't have a Twitter so I don't have to worry about being brainwashed by 'evil' Russians. ATS has more than enough well-vetted information for all of us.

Actually, you do. It goes much deeper than Twitter accounts. Even if you're not being directly exposed to them, the opinions of people who interact with you are being shaped by troll accounts, and those interactions will in turn shape your opinions.

It's the real fake news. And it's going to be damn hard to stop.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join