It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Popular Twitter Personality and "American Blogger" Exposed As Russian Trolls

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: SouthernForkway26
a reply to: theantediluvian
It would make business sense for somebody to create an ideal persona to get a lot of followers and more money.

Like the Kardashians?

Gotta give the Russians props for it, if true. They knew in 2014 Trump would win.

Personally, I think people overestimate the power of Twitter. Then again Trump tweets something and the world goes ape-#. People get caught up in their social media bubbles.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: Metallicus

If you are afraid of Twitter then don't read it.

I don't have a Twitter so I don't have to worry about being brainwashed by 'evil' Russians. ATS has more than enough well-vetted information for all of us.

Hardly.

ATS is a pit of disinfo and propaganda.

People on this site are more misinformed than any other group of people I have encountered.

But that’s why we have you to save us from our ignorance.

Hardly.

You will reap the consequences of your own ignorance, despite what I say.

How condescending of you.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Hey, that's actually pretty good. Are you sure you're not a progressive in disguise, trolling everyone?

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 11:10 PM
link   

a reply to: Grambler

So you admit that you lie, and you can't prove the right is fake news factories.

I did not say the right is fake news factories.

Shameful.

Indeed.

Reading comprehension is hard, I guess.

It's ok introvert.

Aww poor guy caught being a partisan hack and lying.

All of your high minded talk over the past year of being fair and waiting for proof of things.

And when your side starts to be shown for the corrupt entity it is, you resort to saying the right is owned completely by fake news factories.

Don't worry, I'll be sure to remind of that post every time you claim to be fair in the future.

Thanks for outing yourself
edit on 2-11-2017 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 11:11 PM
link   

If you are afraid of Twitter then don't read it.

I don't have a Twitter so I don't have to worry about being brainwashed by 'evil' Russians. ATS has more than enough well-vetted information for all of us.

Hardly.

ATS is a pit of disinfo and propaganda.

People on this site are more misinformed than any other group of people I have encountered.

But that’s why we have you to save us from our ignorance.

Hardly.

You will reap the consequences of your own ignorance, despite what I say.

How condescending of you.

Perhaps you do not understand the meaning of "despite".

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 11:13 PM
link   

the pushback you are getting is because your blog is social media
social media is bs
it is in no way news

you do not get to shirk the responsibility of critical thinking because "i saw it on social media"

or do you complain about the national enquirer as well?

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Maybe one day, but It's not worth investing that much of my time into, to be honest. Thanks for the "offer" though?

Okey, fine, stick to your programmed perspective and maintain your prescribed train of thought, then.

edit on 2-11-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Exactly. Just get enough people to talk about State Farm, regardless of the context, and more people will be thinking about State Farm. Even if it only is enough to push 1 in a 1000 to look into State Farm, if you're hitting a million people with it, that's a thousand people looking into State Farm because, "well damn, sure seems like a lot of people like Sate Farm!"

The ROI is immense. How much would it cost to get a smallish web ad in front 1 million sets of eyes? How many people would pay attention to it? Now imagine you've got a popular social media personality with tens or hundreds of thousands of followers which make their every post so popular that a million set of eyes sees them all.

And that persona tells a whole long story about their very bad day that ended in excellent customer service and a super satisfying experience with State Farm? And what if that persona turns out to be a handful of college kids who are maintaining dozens of similar accounts.

How much do you think it would cost to generate that post? It's much more effective and significantly less expensive.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   

So you admit that you lie, and you can't prove the right is fake news factories.

Actually, you did. You can play semantics all you want in your attempt to wiggle out of it -- assuming you just don't cop to it.

Fake news did not become an issue until it was shown the Right was completely owned by fake news factories.

edit on 2-11-2017 by BeefNoMeat because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: introvert

Way to turn this thread into pure partisan circle jerk hackery.

Well done!

Can't handle the truth?

And what "Truth" would that be??

That the world is pure binary left / right thinkers, and the left is always right the right is always wrong?

See above video.

And good luck with that.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 11:19 PM
link   

It's ok introvert.

Aww poor guy caught being a partisan hack and lying.

What did I lie about?

And when your side starts to be shown for the corrupt entity it is, you resort to saying the right is own bed by completely by fake news factories.

I did not say that. Are you lying?

Don't worry, I'll be sure to remind of that post every time you claim to be fair in the future.

I have never claimed to be fair.

Thanks for outing yourself!

Sure. At least I do not misrepresent the arguments of others and try to present it as truth, which you are guilty of.

I'm sure you will ask for proof.

Look at that link I provided earlier to your own threads.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I think I discovered your real life persona. Jordan, is that you on ATS?

[yvid]
[/yvid]

I promise I won't tell anyone!

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 11:21 PM
link   

it is social media
it is bs
it is tecnologically enhanced bat boy from the national enquirer

were you mad when you found out everything on tv wasnt real?
oh crap should i have put up "spoiler alert"?

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Someone using social media lied?

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: BeefNoMeat

Actually, you did. You can play semantics all you want in your attempt to wiggle out of it -- assuming you just don't cop to it.

Fake news did not become an issue until it was shown the Right was completely owned by fake news factories.

Words are important. I did not say the Right "is" fake news factories.

I said they were "owned" by them.

Surely you can understand the difference.

The Right is actually a victim of fake news...poor guys.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

I finally downloaded an episode recently but still havent gotten around to watching it. Forever I figured it was just another Colbert clone show but eventually got around to reading a synopsis.

Of course in your view, I suppose, the only real reality is precisely along the Democrat / Republican perspectives which aside from South park are all the TV will ever provide you.

Be sure not to tell your trans buddies you're a pure binary mentalist, and that anything outside the box -even in mere thinking terms- is total nutcase freakshow material.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

YOU WIN THE THREAD LOLOLOL!!!

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

social media is bs

Do you assume that all those billions of people in the world using social media share your opinion? You know how often I read people say that ATS is their sole source of information about the world? They might as well be schizophrenic.

it is in no way news

I didn't say that it was. You saying "State Farm" isn't news either, is it? Everything isn't about disinformation. FAR more frequently, marketing/propaganda/etc is simply about influencing opinion. Most of the time, it's just about creating enough of an impression to sway a choice.

Of course, sometimes it's more than that as we're seeing.

you do not get to shirk the responsibility of critical thinking because "i saw it on social media"

or do you complain about the national enquirer as well?

Again, not specifically about news, fake or otherwise. Nor is it about how it would affect you or I. There are a lot of really stupid, gullible people. Post some ridiculous "challenge" on YouTube and if it goes viral, they'll flock to upload videos of themselves exhibiting these traits.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 11:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Say it isn't so.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: BeefNoMeat

It's ok I had a typo.

So that excuses him from claiming the right is completely owned by fake news factories.

He can't defend it, he knows that.

But it's a great look into what he truly is.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join