It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm not a Conspiricy Theorist I'm a....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I have been often labeled with the term at one point it actually seemed to be cool to be refereed to a " Conspiracy Theorist ", well it has gotten to the point where the term is meant to dismiss, demean and belittle anyone who seeks the truth or the rest of the story. I want my respect back I wish no longer to be refereed to as a " Conspiracy Theorist "

So I have chosen to rename the term to my liking and it gains some respect back in my opinion. I now refer to myself as a
" Mystery Enthusiast ".

Hope you like it and may your free mind prosper without ridicule ever after.

edit on 2-11-2017 by enament because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: enament
I have been often labeled with the term at one point it actually seemed to be cool to be refereed to a " Conspiracy Theorist ", well it has gotten to the point where the term is meant to dismiss, demean and belittle anyone who seeks the truth or the rest of the story. I want my respect back I wish no longer to be refereed to as a " Conspiracy Theorist "

So I have chosen to rename the term to my liking and it gains some respect back in my opinion. I now refer to myself as a
" Mystery Enthusiast ".

Hope you like it and may your free mind prosper without ridicule ever after.

Try "Truther" ...it is more truthfull.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: one4all

And then the James Randi crowd will call you a "Troofer". Which is a good one LOL.

I like OP's idea, not bad at all!

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Heres the thing about labels...they are akin to nicknames

And you dont get to pick your nickname

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: six67seven

No doubt!

My understanding is that the CT label started as a CIA Mockingbird initiative initially propagated by one of the Big Three Media of the era (like 1950's or 1960's).

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Enigma Hypothisyzerist.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   
In our PC world, you shouldn't have to deal with this.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Following it up with a word most cant pronounce or read sounds like a great idea too, it just makes them sound like the dummy when they try to read or pronounce it LOL good one.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: cleverhans

I like to be social, the machine gives less.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I'd care more about what others were thinking if they were in fact actually doing so.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Anytime someone uses the phrase "conspiracy theorist" I follow it up with, "I'm a logic advocate".

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Critical Thinker
edit on 11/2/2017 by japhrimu because: T

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I was actually thinking about this the other day and came up with pro reality and anti reality as a good alternative. For example, the official 911 report defies the laws of physics, so you could say that someone that believes that is the real story is anti reality. You could use this in politics as well. Pro reality people believe in the truth rather than what they want to be true like with liberal fantasies. Telling someone that they are anti reality could really ruffle some feathers.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I tell people in my everyday life that I am a conspiracy theorist. I do this so that I put the CIA on the back peddle by owning up to their term and it makes everyone around me think more about their stances. In truth we have to be comfortable with ourselves in our every day lives.
edit on 2-11-2017 by TacticalStats because: grammar mistake.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 12:32 AM
link   
a person who questions authority

a person who thinks for themselves

a person the government is most afraid of

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 01:11 AM
link   
a reply to: enament
The name of our leader "Skeptic Overlord" implies that "Sceptic" is also an acceptable term. Or "Skeptic", if you insist.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Truth be told seems like there is more and better information,on supposed theory's,when some of the story's the MSM and Dem party come up with,have no proof whatsoever,theory nothin,just because some fool calls you something,it's his opinion

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 05:23 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 05:39 AM
link   
a reply to: japhrimu

a reply to: Outlier13

too many conspiracy claims - abandon any logic or critical thinking

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Not from critical thinkers... at least not after they critically thunk.

<<   2 >>

join