It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The U.S. Navy’s Cold War Secret Undersea Sub Base Plans

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 12:11 AM
link   
One evening years ago at a UFO Convention in Santa Clara (The dinner was in San Jose) , I happened to be a guest at a dinner and was seated across the table from John Lear and his daughter. To say it was an Interesting evening was putting it mildly. One of the topics we spoke of (other than that soul catcher on the backside of the moon) was about some US Navy Base for submarines in Nevada. Tough to buy into, it was nevertheless an interesting premise. Regardless of if John's theory was correct (I still don't buy it).......

Turn out there was a grain of truth to the underground sub complex thing: Turns out the USN looked at creating a base at Point Sur, on the California Coast. The area in question was already used by the Navy for SOSUS monitoring so it would have concealed the addition of the crews and would have allowed a somewhat protected place for subs to undergo repairs etc. It never panned out but it remains a fascinating proposal from the Cold War

warisboring.com...

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 01:11 AM
link   
FredT, check this out...www.angelfire.com...

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 01:24 AM
link   
So...

This was real?

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 01:24 AM
link   
DP...

Dang, the image didn't embed. Oh well. Cool story though about the plans. I'll have to dig into this more!
edit on 1-11-2017 by Kettu because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I heard a rumor twenty some years ago about a secret undersea submarine base in the Caribbean. Seemed plausible. The technology has been there for some time.
Great thread topic

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I thought they made that base and if I am right, at least parts of it are still being used. It is not off California though, how secret would that be if we knew where it was. I heard of this long ago from someone in the Military. That was like thirty something years ago. I think they had hauled supplies or something to the place. But It could have been a different underwater installation than what is being talked about here, I think that had something to do with subs or something.

So basically I contributed nothing other than information about some underwater sub base off our coast somewhere.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

Great! Another day wasted watching cartoons now.
Forgot about 2021 until you had to bring it up.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

Lol, wut? No, FredT, don’t waste your time.

Steve Fossett’s plane and partial remains were found...and to the utter surprise of everyone, it turns out his plane wasn’t shot down due to being mistaken for that brow-beating, conspiracy theorist John Lear.

NYT article on discovery of Steve Fossett’s disappearance

Steve Fossett’s Wikipedia

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   
If the base were to actually exist it could easily be part of the secret base complex in Bermuda. The US shares the test range and facility with the Brits and it would interesting to know what they're testing. The facility drops off the shelf into several thousand feet of deep water and has been the scene of some reported USO incidents. Good thread and flag. My best,

top topics

join