It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Halloween stories!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   
So it's Halloween night, and I find myself in the mood for some good goosebumps stories. I thought maybe I'd ask for submissions.

One of my favourite links to read on Halloween is still alive after all these years. It's a nursing board, and several hundred stories have been compiled over the years. Every year I check it out, and I'm glad it's still a live link.
allnurses.com...

Does anyone have other good stories? Personal or otherwise? I remember a Black-eyed kid thread here that was fairly spooky, but couldn't find it.

I know this is a pretty low-content thread, but I was hoping it'd be indulged for the holiday

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   
every year jezebel asks for reader submissions of the scariest thing that ever happened to, and posts the best. they're usually pretty enjoyable.

here are this year's, and you can usually find links to the past years' as well. lot of good stories in there

jezebel.com...

edit to add: sorry, looks like the link to the first set gets borked by the automatic censor, since it has the f-word in it. if you go to this link though, the first link in the article goes back to the first set

edit again to add more links to past years so you don't have to look too hard

jezebel.com...

jezebel.com...

jezebel.com...

jezebel.com...

jezebel.com...

jezebel.com...
edit on 31-10-2017 by fiverx313 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Awesome! Thank you! There's a lot of click-baity articles out there this time of year, but I wanted something better than the same old stories recycled (or the ones that sound ludicrous).

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 10:54 PM
link   
this one's definitely not true but it's one of my favorite creepypastas...

creepypasta.wikia.com...

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: RadioRobert
Awesome! Thank you! There's a lot of click-baity articles out there this time of year, but I wanted something better than the same old stories recycled (or the ones that sound ludicrous).

no problem! i edited to add links to a few more.

i'm not rereading those b/c i want to actually sleep tonight, hehe

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I love these threads, at the least you'll be linked to other scary threads.

This year I made the decision to live it rather than read or watch it, so I'm currently camped in a place that is known to be haunted. We'll see how it goes, but the sun is just setting and I'm alone with my dog (and a data signal, somehow).

Should be a fun night.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: VariableConstant

Godspeed!

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Thank you for the nurses' stories link!!! I have spent close to a year in hospitals (not all at once, longest stretch was several months), and have had some pretty weird experiences myself. I can tell you this, you know when you are going to die and you can see yourself afterwards. I'm pretty sure that death isn't really dying... it's something else, more like... changing.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: seattlerat

You're welcome! I've read through it every year for I don't know how long. I always hope it's still up. A few hokey ones, but some interesting ones, too.
I'm reading through some of the other links now from fiver. I'm not normally one for spooky stories, but I do this every year for Halloween it seems like.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

A friend of mine at work told me that he and a friend went to an old abandoned mental hospital in sedro woolley Washington a year ago close to Halloween, and in one area my co worker turned and saw a woman apparition that was coming towards him, and when he saw it, it changed direction and strafed away like you can do in a first person shooter game, and remained staring at him till it disappeared. Completely hearsay, but the place is definitely well known for being very haunted, and people who go there will know things are messed up. That's what he told me, that "that place is messed up".

I think I'm going to pass on a tour there myself.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 01:49 AM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Yeah, I'll pass on seeking anything out. I've had a few experiences that are just interestingly enough in the "inexplicable/coincidence" twilight zone. Odd things where I can't quite put my finger on the logical explanation without a stretch of my imagination, but where my inner skeptic is still comfortable not having to explain. That's enough for me. No interest in seeking anything out.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 04:06 AM
link   
There are a few more... HERE

cheers,
G

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 05:26 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Little late to the party, but can share one of my own, that I have shared before.

One Halloween, the hubby and I were driving, along a highway. Not an interstate, mind you, just a state highway, very little traveled at night, and in a sparsely populated area. At one point, he commented that he needed to use the restroom, so I started looking out for a place to stop. Almost immediately, I spotted a red and green neon sign, off to the right, such as one can see at many gas stations along the roads. So, he pulled of, and we started looking for the station. No, the sign was very close to the road, I thought, but we didn't see it anywhere. Around 10:15-20pm, as I recall, so not a tie one would expect a sign to be turned off, and even if so, no station anywhere. The place we pulled off is very small, a few streets, virtually no businesses. No gas station ANYWHERE. As we drove the streets looking, I began to feel more and more threatened, though we saw nothing and no one moving. After a fruitless search, he headed to a sort of truck depot of some sort, with a lot of big rigs parked - not a truck stop, as these were not in use, and no one was around, and got behind something to relieve himself. I didn't allow hi out of sight for this, as the threat feeling was still very real. After we got back on the road, the feeling gradually faded, but while there, we felt stalked. Anyone who has experienced that will know the feeling.

No gas station, though, and I KNOW I saw a sign. Weird. It's like we were baited to stop there, for some reason.

For the record, we went by there another time, and nothing was amiss; still no gas station, but no weird feelings, either, and yes, also at night.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 01:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: VariableConstant
I love these threads, at the least you'll be linked to other scary threads.

This year I made the decision to live it rather than read or watch it, so I'm currently camped in a place that is known to be haunted. We'll see how it goes, but the sun is just setting and I'm alone with my dog (and a data signal, somehow).

Should be a fun night.

Do we get an update???

As for other places to read, for all interested, this one will give you material for weeks! SOme great stories in that place!!

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 01:42 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Yeah, that'd be creepy... And I know just the feeling, too. At least it ended relatively well!

I'll have to read up on your link.

I wanted an update from VariableConstant, too, but I was afraid it'd sound stalkerish!

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: RadioRobert
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Yeah, that'd be creepy... And I know just the feeling, too. At least it ended relatively well!

I'll have to read up on your link.

I wanted an update from VariableConstant, too, but I was afraid it'd sound stalkerish!

Very creepy, and very weird. he whole thing felt like we were baited, with some fake sign, and how bizarre is that? Heard from someone else that they experienced something similar, but with what they thought was a big ferris wheel, as I recall, which wasn't there, either.

That link has a LOT of stories, and some are very scary stuff! I literally spent weeks reading it, and it updates fairly regularly, too, so there is some I haven't even read yet.

I always want updates, when people toss out teasers like that!!

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 11:40 PM
link   
A Ferris wheel would be worse! But maybe better bait... Wait! Was the other person looking for entertainment? I mean, you found (well, saw) what you were looking for, right? Maybe a Ferris wheel was better bait for that person, while a gas station promising a restroom was your perfect bait. Your husband had just said he needed one!

That's a weird one alright! I read several of the stories from your link. I got as far as the scratched car and the sheriffs one when I had to call it a night. Good stuff!

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Oh, it's that time of year again! Any more stories? Personal or otherwise?

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 07:31 PM
link   

OK. To set the scene.

I used to work in the Alaskan commercial fishing industry. The first place I worked, and did in subsequent seasons was an old cod oil factory, where back in the day, they made cod liver oil. Yumm!!! Not.

Anyway, it went through various incarnations as a cod liver oil plant, a crab cooking/processing plant, then lastly, and still to this day, a regular fish processing plant.

The tale I'm about to relate dates to the latter, and when I worked there. This was in the late 80's through the year 2000.

Working in this industry is tougher than it looks at first glance. Most of the work is done in less than savory conditions. Freezing cold water, salt water--try it sometime...not a great deal of fun--as it takes more cold to freeze salt water than it does fresh...
You are always cold. Always tired, a short day is usually 12-14 hours, more often closer to 18-20--then you've got to attempt to take care of yourself in the few hours you have off...you live cheek by jowl with, shall we say, sometimes less than savory characters...either from a personality aspect or hygiene aspect, sometimes both. Let's just say it takes a certain mindset not to go absolutely ape# all over people sometimes.

Add to that, many of them are kids. Never been away from home, ever. I was one of those--I was 22 my first season--kids, it's an adjustment. Fortunately, I made friends with some people who'd been there done that, and were willing to share. Most of it good, some less so (but that's a whole other story
). Not all of 'em survive the experience.

You've not lived until you walk into a shower area and find someone who has just finished hanging themselves, or into a room where you heard a gunshot...and they're 18 year old kids.

Well, I'd gotten into the habit of wintering over during the off season...it's an easy way to make some money, if you don't mind being alone much of the time. I don't mind it at all.

This is where the story starts...

One night I'm in takin' care of business, showering, shaving, etc... I have the entirety of the 80 room bunkhouse to myself. It's quiet, somewhat peaceful, and in this, and a couple other instances, down right spooky...

I'm bent over the sink, and I notice movement in the mirror from behind...just a glimpse through the water and steam covering the mirror. Odd, I turn around, and no ones there. OK, not a big deal. Back to business, and I catch it, again, this time I move quicker to turn 'round. Kinda wish I hadn't...on the wall of the hallway is a shadow of a man. But there's no one there casting the shadow... Well. Huh. I'd had other strange experiences, but they'd all occurred down in the plant itself. The shadow was a human shape, and the head was tilted at an angle, an angle that you might expect a person who'd hung themselves to have...

I was, as one might expect, somewhat taken aback. Yeah. Actually, I just about # myself. But it made no hostile moves, it just stood there a moment or three, then just faded away. About a week later, I see him again. This time I was better prepared, if I can be so kind, for it. I'd figured out what was goin' on, or so I surmised, and I told it I was sorry for it's pain. You see I'd known the kid, not well, as I was, at that time, in management, and wasn't often on the production floor where he'd worked.

I never saw him/it, after that.

My family, and I, seem to attract ghosties and ghoulies--and Sasquatch, 3 generations of Sasquatch encounters and counting.
edit on 10/26/2018 by seagull because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join