It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the most exotic military technology that USA has?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Thats still an awesome sight to see. And at 150 foot. Id have enjoyed seeing that for sure.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Yeah, it was awesome. The car was shaking. I was about 6 years old I think.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   

I've seen Vulcans too but at airshows.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Vulcans might just be the loudest aircraft ever. Talk about shaking everything around them.

Being rattled around by a jet is a one of a kind awe inspiring experience.

I remember as a kid going to the air shows at Edwards AFB. Every year the B1 aerial demonstration would pull this one trick to scare the begeezuz out of the uninitiated.

In the middle of her aerial display she'd fly off over the horizon. Loop back behind the spectators. (About 100k peopke standing on Edwards north base apron/ramp) then do a mach 0.9 low altitude flybye from over your shoulder at about 300 foot altitude. The hangers behind you would hide its approach. Sounded like deep bassy backfires that thumped you physically in the chest n rattled your guts, while in the background the metal of the hanger doors rattled so ferociously it was like they were about to fall off their rails. Always scared the crap out of at least half the crowd.

Zaphod58 grew up on an airbase. And although its not my story to tell. He once stood at the end of the runway and watched a series of B1s do full powered takeoffs one after the other in rapid succession. Maybe hell join in and share the story.
edit on 31-10-2017 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR
Hey guys wanna see something pretty neat. pM Zaphod58 and ask him all about the TR3B. He loves talking about it. PM him and ask about it. Hes really knowledgable on the topic.

Shame I can't give more than one star

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: ProjectedLogic

If only we could see those PM's and the responses!! LOL
But really, Zaphod58 just LOVES the TR3B.

To be fair, he prefers pms about Aurora. The info he gave me by pm was mind blowing

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   

I've watched pilots hover them vertically at low level. If that thing stalled they would more than likely be toast. I don't think they would have time to restart the engines.

And yes, they're f#cking loud lol.
edit on 31-10-2017 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: expatwhite

Yes the aurora too. Everybody PM zaphod58 and ask about both the TR3B and the Aurora. He likes talking about the TR3B the most though.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Don't do it. It's a trap.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Again at Edwards they had an f15 demonstrate just how slow the thing can fly. Sat nearly on its tail and did like 45 mph at 500 foot alt. Did it for a good 8 seconds or so. Kinda sureal to watch.

Edwards had the coolest airshow back in the day. They dont have them now because theres too much activity with black programs there today.

But they used to take the B2 and have it buzz the line of cars at 6am waiting for the gates to open and let them in for the air show. A way i guess to reward the early birds.

Every year theyd launch an sr71 at 9am. At 10 am it would do a 85k alt. Mach 3 flybye to kick off the show.

Youd watch it take off shake the life out of everything around her and disappear. An hour later an announcer would tell you to look strait up. There would be the sr71 releasing smoke on /off once every other mile so you could see with your own eyes just how fast she was.

Chuck yeager would also fly an f15 break the sound barrier, land and give a short speech.

God i miss those days.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Seriously though guys dont pester zaphod.

Seriously.

It was a joke on my end. Its his least favorite topic due to the absurdity of it.

He really wouldnt appreciate being harrassed. Hes got enough problems to deal with.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Back on topic though. The most exotic tech from the usa is probably stuff we see often enough but write off as meteorlogical or simply as ufos.

Others see stars that move too fast to be a satellite.

Ive seen stars that move too quick or then make sone sort of manuever. Anybody here seen similar.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Seriously.

It was a joke on my end. Its his least favorite topic due to the absurdity of it.

He really wouldnt appreciate being harrassed. Hes got enough problems to deal with.

The absurdity? Did you lie to me about your sightings?

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes
Don't do it. It's a trap.

Actually youre correct. do not do it. Its an old joke thats gotten old in itself and isnt as funny anymore.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   

No its just a vehicle thats so exotic that next to nobody knows anything about them. How they work, what their mission is etc.

Also i dont think they are called TR3B but they sure look just like and manuever just like how they are described.

Its one of those things that nobody can get any real info on. A mystery for sure. But they exist. Anybody who does know about them stays far from online sites and keeps it to themselves.

Whatever they are they are ellusive in every way.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   

No its just a vehicle thats so exotic that next to nobody knows anything about them. How they work, what their mission is etc.

Also i dont think they are called TR3B but they sure look just like and manuever just like how they are described.

Its one of those things that nobody can get any real info on. A mystery for sure. But they exist. Anybody who does know about them stays far from online sites and keeps it to themselves.

Whatever they are they are ellusive in every way.

Preparing for a staged Alien Invasion?

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   

No honestly i think it serves as a useful platform for sensors and isr. Relaying data etc. But that the nature of how it flies makes it difficult to weaponize.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: icyboy771z

Check out this ATS thread of mine of a couple of years ago. It gives a decent view of what we are doing and why.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

"Black Triangles: The Worst Kept Secret"
edit on 31-10-2017 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

Seriously.

The absurdity? Did you lie to me about your sightings?

BASSPLYR wouldn't lie to you about a sighting, he was just kidding about Zaphod58 and the tr3b. The aircraft section on Ats is what's keeping this site going in my very humble opinion

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: expatwhite

Actually i think the aviation forum on ats us a true gem of the internet.

Zaphod has really built it up into a masterpiece. And no dont pm zaphod about the tr3b. Its a joke thats run its course. It would be harrassment at this point and not the funny kind.

But no i dont make up my sightings. Been accused of it plenty of times though.

As is im moving to rural farmland elswhere in 33 days and i wont be on ats anymore except every once in a blue moon. So nobody can make fun of my triangle experiences anymore.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join