It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't aliens ever design new technology?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I've always had quite an interest in aliens, alien technology, the debate on whether or not they're here, etc. One thing that has always puzzled me, though, is that if these aliens are of such an advanced race, why have we seen the same basic types of ships consistently, since the first references to spacecraft can be found in ancient artwork? In the past 6000 years, haven't the aliens developed any new technology? New spacecraft?

The human race has only been flying for roughly 100 years, and in that time, the shapes and technologies in our aircraft has changed quite significanty, from the basic "primitive" design of the Wright Brothers' flyer, to cold war era military jets, to the current trend in stealth aircraft. We continue to find new technologies and new configurations that work better than previous designs. If our "low-tech" race, in a backwoods arm of the galaxy is still finding new and amazing technologies of flight, wouldn't it stand to reason that whatever alien race(s) might be visiting us would also be discovering new technologies and designs?

I've seen the painting of the Virgin Mary with the saucer in the background. Oddly enough, it looks virtually identical to photographs I've seen of saucers claiming to have been taken within the past 2-3 years. Wouldn't most any intelligent race come up with at least one new design in the 500 years difference between that painting and the current day?

Or can this all be explained away by some sort of unknown anomaly in the space-time continuum that would state that the aliens have only been here for about 10 of our years total (by alien perception), even though to us it's seemed to be about 6000 years? Or are these craft just so advanced that they've sent fleets through time and space, to visit every time period humans have existed on this earth simultaineously?

It all just seems a little odd to me.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I guess the aliens are big believer in "if it ain't broke don't fix it" when it comes to UFO design.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
I guess the aliens are big believer in "if it ain't broke don't fix it" when it comes to UFO design.

Well, sure, but does that also hold true if you say "This one works, but that one also works, and is so much better?" In 6000 years they surely have made at least one groundbreaking advance.

XL5

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Maybe they can't get anybetter and don't see that need to make them look different. You could also just be seeing the old models that have cloaking problems and all the "better" models are never seen.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Good question!

The only logical answer that I can think of is that time for them has not been the same as the time for us. Perhaps all of the sightings are around the same time for them via some sort of time machine.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Great question if you ask me.

Only two possibilites as I see it.

1. They never existed, all made up.

2. They did, we don't realize that they did.

Surf

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by XL5
Maybe they can't get anybetter and don't see that need to make them look different. You could also just be seeing the old models that have cloaking problems and all the "better" models are never seen.

Given the infinite nature of possibility in the universe, I doubt it's possible to hit a technology limit. Your second suggestion, however, is a rather interesting one, and certainly one to consider.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna
Good question!

The only logical answer that I can think of is that time for them has not been the same as the time for us. Perhaps all of the sightings are around the same time for them via some sort of time machine.

Wouldn't that just fry your brain if you were to find out that the Roswell crash hasn't even happened yet in the alien timeline? I think this is probably the most probable theory, no matter how unlikely it might seemby human standards

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 05:22 PM
link   
6000 human years could be a couple of weeks for aliens. Who knows?

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Perhaps all the improvements have been made on the inside...New corinthian leather seating, genuine wood dashboards, sub-woofer sound systems, DVD movie theater systems, etc.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Aliens crafts have evolved in technology, but the shape stays basically the same probably because aliens have found that it is the ultimate/best shape for a space craft, so no need to change it.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Of course they have improved technology.
Microwaves
Mp3
Plasma tv,s

The lists endless.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Aliens are just humans in the future that have discovered time travel and have been coming back to see how it used to be. they never change there craft because they are all from the same era, just coming back at different points in time...

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I still prefer to read my information in books and make food in the pans from time to time. It's ancient technology, but it does the job. Similarily, the typical saucer shape of a UFO may play an important role. Just like our crafts need to be certain shapes to improve air flow. Perhaps, their craft need to be certain shapes for their propulsion systems.

Further, how do we know they are not improving their UFO's or not using different kinds?

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo_Child
I still prefer to read my information in books and make food in the pans from time to time. It's ancient technology, but it does the job. Similarily, the typical saucer shape of a UFO may play an important role. Just like our crafts need to be certain shapes to improve air flow. Perhaps, their craft need to be certain shapes for their propulsion systems.

Further, how do we know they are not improving their UFO's or not using different kinds?

I'm just thinking along the lines of this:

Example one: A 747 and a 737 don't look the same, yet have the same basic shape. I saw a ufo photograph, claiming it was taken in Russia just last year, that could have very well been lifted right out of the painting of the Virgin Mary. The only difference is that the photo didn't have brush strokes.

Example two: Take a look at the F-14 Tomcat, the MiG 16, and the F-117. Three planes, all jet powered, all from different eras, but serving similar purposes. All the same shape? NO!

We have such a broad variety of aircraft theworld over, I would think that we'd see more than the skirted disc, the oval, the cigarette-shaped one, and the triangle. Any clearer photos of these craft have all shown the same craft, no matter what time period they were taken. Descriptions of these craft from before the era of the camera describe the photographed craft to a tee.

Now, I can accept that these craft have these shapes for a reason, and so the basic shape remains unchanged, but when I can take clear photos of a craft from 1947 through the present, and virtually cut and paste the craft over each other and get identical photos, that doesn't make sense. For instance, the 2003 and 2004 Ford Ranger pick-up is basically the exact same truck, but there are differences, both cosmetic and in the mechanical systems.

Even our military airplanes change their cosmetic appearance over the years as new technologies are added in. These UFOs haven't changed a bit.

I'm not saying you're wrong, because I really don't know. It just strikes me as odd.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 12:16 AM
link   
ever since the airplane has been invented its outside design/shape is still basically the same..wings etc... Probably alien technology has changed just not noticeable on the outside.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Well Mr obsidian, very well put and you seem knowlegable too. Don't think mainstream people can answer your question though.. perhaps a higher level might? But good questions!?
Dallas

XL5

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 01:37 AM
link   
How could the ships get any better? More acceleration, more "speed", they have that already and nothing is any better, so why would they need to improve it? Its like having idiot proof cold fusion that never breaks or wears out and powers anything we can think of, would we even bother with any other alternative for energy (not considering money).

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 01:57 AM
link   
also consider this that the aliens could be at a technological stopping point, that they are stuck at how to improove their ufo's, they must surely follow a similar path on how we invented technology just look back few centurys we had ships, horses, etc etc and we had them for hundreds of years hardly any change so its possible they are stuck for a while as to anyway at how to improove what they have.

[edit on 12-2-2005 by Blobby 2]

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Ahh yes,that is indeed a good question.I have always wondered why their technology hasnt changed.But like most of the questions,i always break it up into smaller possible answers.Usually i do not get to a conclusion,but i do have some ideas to possible answers.

I have come up with 3 conclusions.

1)These aliens beings travel through lightspeed.As lightspeed has been said to lengthen times(Einstien)you would probably arrive at the targeted area/place 100`s,possibly 1000`s of years into the future.So these alien beings craft would of not changed.Each time you go through lightspeed,another longer length of time is added.So even if their technology did advance in afew more years,they would arrive at a later time than before,thus making their technolgy seem like it has only changed slightly through a 100/1000year period.

2)These crafts(like another member had said)do not need any more additions to its shape.Maby you would see no changes to the shape,but you would probably see changes in the interior.The circular shape was the first ever human evlolutionary change in technolgy.This was more than 10,000years ago.Today that same shape is still being used and still plays a vital role in the ever changing advancment in human technology.

3)These alien beings lack many resources.To combat this they would have to conserve and slow down the advancement processes.Thus many types of their technology is left unchanged for a long period of time.

This is my opinion.Im sure there are many more possible theories,its just a matter of looking into the topic more.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join