It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by djohnsto77
I guess the aliens are big believer in "if it ain't broke don't fix it" when it comes to UFO design.
Taken separately, these forces are of no real practical use. Electricity by itself is static electricity and therefore functionless. It will make your hair stand on end, but that is about all.
Magnetism by itself has very few practical applications aside from the magnetic compass, and gravity simply keeps objects and people pinned to the earth.
After 28 years of investigation by Brown into the coupling effect between electricity and gravitation, it was found that for each electromagnetic phenomenon there exists an electrogravitational analogue. This means, from the technical and commercial viewpoint, potentialities for future development and exploitation are as great or greater than the present electrical industry. When one considers that electromagnetism is basic to the telephone, telegraph, radio, television, radar, electric generators and motors, power production and distribution, and is an indispensable adjunct to transportation of all kinds, one can see that the possibility of a parallel, but different development in electrogravitation has almost unlimited prospects.
The antigravity effect of vertical thrust is demonstrated by balancing a condenser on a beam balance and then charging it. After charging, if the positive pole is pointed upward, the condenser moves up.
If the charge is reversed and the positive pole pointed downward, the condenser thrusts down. The experiment is conducted as shown here:
These two simple experiments demonstrate what is now known as the Biefeld-Brown effect. It is the first and, to the best of our knowledge, the only method of affecting a gravitational field by electrical means. It contains the seeds of control of gravity by man. The intensity of the effects is determined by five factors, which are:
1. The separation of the plates of the condenser, the closer the plates, the greater the effect.
2. The ability of the material between the plates to store the electrical energy in the form of elastic stress. A measure of this ability is called the "K" of the material. The higher the "K," the greater the Biefeld-Brown effect.
3. The area of the plates, the greater the area giving the greater effect.
4. The voltage difference between the plates; more voltage, more effect.
5. The mass of the material between the plates; the greater the mass [atomic mass], the greater the effect.
It is this fifth point which is inexplicable from the electromagnetic viewpoint and which provides the connection with gravitation.
The saucer’s edge would contain a number of conductor segments, and the saucer would turn in any direction simply by shifting the positive and negative charges to appropriate positions along its edge. The vertical thrust would be regulated by varying the charge on top of the saucer, the amount of thrust being regulated by the amount of charge generated.
In all probability, flying saucers do not utilize external controls for direction, nor do they have any visible means of propulsion. Flying saucers travel using the Biefeld-Brown electrogravitational effect, and hence do not utilize any of the standard aerodynamic principles of an airfoil. Flying saucers cannot be understood from the traditional principles of aeronautical engineering; however, the older points of view are useful for critical theoretical analysis and empirical testing.
Before UFO’s were ever seen and validly reported, Townsend Brown developed a captive flying saucer - a scale model saucer with a free bearing going around a stationary pole.
Brown did not start with round objects, in fact, the first object that he flew was a triangle, the next a square, then a square with the edges cut off, and finally a round shaped saucer.
Eventually, experiments proved the saucer shape most effective. Changes were made for empirical reasons.
The first report of a disc-shaped object in the sky dates back to the sixteenth century. At long intervals during the centuries since then have come other reports. Most of them are undoubtedly unreliable as observations, distorted by telling and retelling. But in these older reports, as well as in the very numerous series which has accumulated since 1947, there is a teasing common thread concerning appearance and behavior which makes any certainties about the unreality of flying saucers very insecure.
One of the great difficulties in substantiation of these reports is that, in both appearances and behavior, these objects seem to be simple scientific impossibilities. Here are some of the reasons advanced by technical men to prove the impossibility of devices such as the reports describe:
1. The reports reveal, in most cases, no method of propulsion which can be understood. There are no propellers in any of the reports. Some of the reports describe a long flame jet trailing behind a cigar shaped object. But this flame is orange-red in color, indicating an inefficient combustion which would make it ineffective as a reaction jet such as propels rockets and jet planes. No other known physical laws seemed capable of explaining the observed motion of the objects.
2. The reports describe a range of speed and acceleration from stationary hovering to speeds greater than present day rockets can deliver, and the changes of rate of motion, the accelerations, are far beyond the capacities of any known man-made vehicles. Flight experts point out that such accelerations would impose impossible stresses on any human or human like occupants. therefore, they say, the reports must be false or erroneous.
3. Many of the reports concern night sightings and describe a glow, usually of blue or violet color, around a periphery of the objects. Physicists have noted that such a glow is characteristic of a very high voltage electrical discharge, but add that this suggests no means of explaining the appearance or behavior of the objects described in the reports.
4. The description of shapes and performance seems to indicate a complete or almost complete disregard of aerodynamic principles. The objects seem not to need the support of air as a plane does, nor to depend on the lift provided by properly designed surfaces moved rapidly through an air medium.
These are weighty arguments PROVIDED THE ASSUMPTIONS BEHIND THEM ARE CORRECT. As I have previously indicated, the observed motion of a condenser has been labeled the Biefeld-Brown effect.