It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plan To Divide California Into 3 New States Clears First Hurdle

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 12:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Couldn't california just buy all that stuff from the world using their hollywood money?
I mean, we are all going to want to keep watching all our favorite shows and movies right?

Repatriation upon California leaving the dollar would make me ask "what Hollywood money?"

"Our" favorite shows? I'm not sure I have any of those these days. I'm hard pressed to name any programming I actually watch. TV has been relegated to background noise for the most part and what shows I do watch are generally streamed movies, so... yeah.

Most of america would be up in arms if movies and tv shows were suddenly stopped from being made. They would be begging cali to take their money. At least until a new hollywood got started in the states somewhere.

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 12:45 AM
link   
After they leave we take ALL NATIONAL assets all Film making gear will get CLASSIFIED as vital communications equipment ,so will all valuable tech,as well as KEY personnel sequestered...I don't know how they'll react to a PERMANENT base since we won't move the Navy ports or protect Cali from raids...it's gonna be GREAT

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Damn skippy. Best news I have heard in years.
Now where is my hand clapping gif ?

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 01:20 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

I thought California passed the "first step" in leaving the USA totally...about 4 months ago?

They got our hopes up for nothing? grrrr!

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 01:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Dude, give it a rest. You're making yourself out to be a politically prejudiced hack by making everything about partisanship. Literally everything you ever post is bashing liberals and I'm not even exaggerating.

Kalifornistan Lefties wanting to leave the US is as political as it gets, no exaggerating required.

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 01:54 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Article 4 Section 3.

New states may be admitted by the Congress into this union; but no new states shall be formed or erected within the jurisdiction of any other state; nor any state be formed by the junction of two or more states, or parts of states, without the consent of the legislatures of the states concerned as well as of the Congress.

That is the long and short of it. But what about West Virginia. Well that was Lincoln doing his own thing.

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 02:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

What would be the benefits of this for people to be all for it? Honest question.

Right now conservative voters in California are disenfranchised.

It would offer an opportunity for them to be represented.

So Texas and New York next? They're about as consistent.

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 02:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

Dude, give it a rest. You're making yourself out to be a politically prejudiced hack by making everything about partisanship. Literally everything you ever post is bashing liberals and I'm not even exaggerating.

Kalifornistan Lefties wanting to leave the US is as political as it gets, no exaggerating required.

Texas has had more traction in that realm.

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Certain radical factions have wanted to secede from the USA several times over the past 20 years. I don't know what actually stops that from occuring each time.

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 02:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Certain radical factions have wanted to secede from the USA several times over the past 20 years. I don't know what actually stops that from occuring each time.

They're to busy arguing over which side of the same party they're on.

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 03:03 AM
link   
The liberals here are also going to impeach Trump,we have a libtard media who caters to the BS,once again a small minority,acting like they are the populous,all the freaks in the US want to live in California,this is end result,a bunch of transplants whining as usual

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

It's a huge state where your opinion only counts in southern California and the northern Californians basically have no real representation.

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Even if this goes nowhere, this is indicative of the division that exists in the US.

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I just came across this interview with Tim Draper , this was several years ago, but it gives some insight on what his thought process is for wanting to divide up CA, in this interview he actually wants to make it 6 states.

time.com...

I'm not sure what I think, he makes some interesting points, but I suspect this statement shows his true motivation.

How would you like to see things done differently in Silicon Valley, if it had its own government? " The issues of Silicon Valley are things like when Napster came out. No one knew how the law should be handled. It was a new technology. And no one quite knew whether it had some violation of copyright or not … And the people who were making those decisions were very distant, and not familiar with what Napster was. Now we have Bitcoin. We have very uncertain laws around Bitcoin. I believe if there were a government closer to Silicon Valley, it would be more in touch with those technologies and the need for making appropriate laws around them. Silicon Valley is seeing great frustration. They see how creative and efficient and exciting life can be in a place where innovation thrives, and then they see a government that is a little lost. "

In this next article it shows a map of how CA would be divided under his proposeal, and it sure looks to me like the wealthiest areas of CA would be tiny little states, compared to the rest of CA. Perhaps this is about the CA elites wanting to create a kind of "gated community" that operates under it's own laws ?

venturebeat.com...

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   

it will never happen, same as with texas. the U.S. congress will kill all attempts.

ETA: the republicans will not want to allow more democrat congressmen/people and vicea versa
edit on 29-10-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

originally posted by: caterpillage
a reply to: Arnie123

Calexit would be amazing! It's such a huge economy all on its own they should have no problem whatsoever on their own. And it will be the liberal utopia dream land! Oh man, it would be the most successful, most fair, most diverse country ever in the history of mankind.

I pray for this to happen. Please!

I assume that is sarcasm.
It's worse then you think...

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Even if this goes nowhere, this is indicative of the division that exists in the US.

Not really. California would divide into 2 Democrat states and 1 swing state.

That said, Republicans are about 40% of the voting population there. If anything it's a good example of why proportional EC votes may be better rather than a winner take all system.

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: Aazadan
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Why would you want to shun them rather than trade with them?

National protectionism. I'm fine with trading with them, but every drop of water, every watt of electricity, and every ounce of fuel sold from the US to this theoretical independent California should be export tariffed at a minimum 50%.

So then you're not fine with trading with them.

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: MountainLaurelPerhaps this is about the CA elites wanting to create a kind of "gated community" that operates under it's own laws ?

That's a large part of it.

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

How would the Electoral College vote-count then work? Would the count remain the same or would there be a further weight towards popular vote versus EC vote - nation wide? Would additional borders within the US constitute a re-writing of such laws?

Sorry, to interject, but I believe it wouldn't change at all. The loss of that many electoral votes plays perfectly into the interests of the smaller, less populated states.

Those same states would have to vote in favor of changing the system that now plays into their interests.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join