It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plan To Divide California Into 3 New States Clears First Hurdle

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
a reply to: infolurker

How would the Electoral College vote-count then work? Would the count remain the same or would there be a further weight towards popular vote versus EC vote - nation wide? Would additional borders within the US constitute a re-writing of such laws?

Total EV's would rise by 4 because you would go from 2 Senators in CA to 6 in the new CA's (2 per state). There would be no changes to the House because those votes are apportioned as a percent of population, so any gains there would be taken out of other states. What you would really see though is the 53 rep's in California broken up between those 3 states.

Here's a map of representatives from California
www.govtrack.us...

As you can see, the farming area would have 4 votes (CA 1, 4, 8, 23), and LA/SF would split the others with 24-25 each.

So, for a Presidential election what you would be looking at is the Bay Area representing 26 EV, solid Democrat, LA representing 27 EV, solid Democrat, and the farming area representing 6 EV which are largely split but lean Democrat (districts 4 and 23 are blue, 8 is purple, 1 is red). Even if you had a scenario where the split always votes red, the remaining areas of CA would have 53 EV's which is what CA already has.

Most likely, such a split would alter the balance of power in the region further towards Democrats

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   

California has a ton of debt. What they going to do split it three ways?

californiapolicycenter.org...

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Maybe the Owens's valley would be able to keep some of their water now!!

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
The tech giants are already trying to build 0-1, the tech metropolis, to better enslave mankind with, I see.

every time i see that image of th esecond renassaince i get angry at the humans and wish death on them. they deserved to die in that universe for being such jerkoffs.

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   

I live in LA, not going to happen. We don't even talk about it here.

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   
robert mercer is the main guy behind calexit with steve bannon, andy wigmore, farage and a russian dude too.
interesting many of the alt-right, neo-nazi types here already ironically support it, bannon will have them demanding it shortly.
they got the gullible to worship trump after all.

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   
It really needs to be divided. There are millions of reasonable people there who are represented by scum and they're tired of it.

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall

I live in LA, not going to happen. We don't even talk about it here.

Those who speak the loudest and the craziest get the coverage from Fake News.

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Why stop at 3 states? make each county a state unto itself. That would really make Elections fun lol.

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

"Trading" is not a synonym for "free trade". I oppose international free trade, but if other countries are willing to pay big tariffs on American resources, I certainly support making money.

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a very practical idea I hope it happens, they could rename southern calif. new mexico, oh nvm we already have a state called new mexico, well they could name southern calif, LIL Mexico.

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I live in California and I'm for it if we get 3 new Governors that ..

1. Don't make the state a sanctuary

2. Don't pay gang members a monthly money amount to stop shooting each other

3. Aren't going to tax the hell out of their state and pocket the money somehow

4. Must be a Party that is neither Republican nor Democrat

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Yes, give California to Mexico and see how they like that.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I am more for the east calif. west calif split.

It gives more power to the republicans in east calif and makes for economic sable east Calif since almost at the water and power comes from east calif.
www.sfgate.com...
edit on 30-10-2017 by ANNED because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 02:12 AM
link   
More crap from some mid westerner,or from the south,ignorant people who know nothing about the state,all they know is they want to live here,see them come and go,some hick thinking he'll be a star

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldtimer2
More crap from some mid westerner,or from the south,ignorant people who know nothing about the state,all they know is they want to live here,see them come and go,some hick thinking he'll be a star

awww c'mon now, that sort of smug type of thinking gives us all a bad name ! This whole idea is coming from some of the most wealthy and smug folks we have here in CA, that want to create their own 'gated communities" and to live by their own rules....

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldtimer2

LOL you could not pay me to live in California, I like oklahoma just fine thanks.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Plan To Divide California Into 3 New States Clears First Hurdle

If this means we finally get rid of Pelosi.

Go Cali!

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

I dont see Congress agreeing to breaking the state into 3 states.

We fought a civil war the last time someone wanted to get out of the mafia.

Caliexit for all intents and purpose's is Californian dreaming.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: caterpillage
a reply to: Arnie123

Calexit would be amazing! It's such a huge economy all on its own they should have no problem whatsoever on their own. And it will be the liberal utopia dream land! Oh man, it would be the most successful, most fair, most diverse country ever in the history of mankind.

I pray for this to happen. Please!

I hope that this is sarcasm...have you seen how my original home state governs itself? If it became its own country, it would need an international bailout within the first term of the newly established government.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join