It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

catalonian parliament declares independence from Spain

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   
www.bbc.co.uk...
70 votes to 10 in the parliament to declare independence from Madrid.

are we going to see a new civil war? I had to laugh at my eldest boy declaring he could hop over and be a 21st century cross between Hemmingway and Orwell.

so, what's next? We going to see the Policia Nacional busting heads again? Or the army?

edit on 11pFri, 27 Oct 2017 08:36:11 -050020172017-10-27T08:36:11-05:00kAmerica/Chicago31000000k by SprocketUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

Madrid has declared Catalonia's bid for indepndence illegal.

All thats left is the dying. Roll tanks.

Reminds me of Soviet style repression of Hungary. Only this time its in the West, in the Big Happy European Union.

Which seems to be standing by, letting it all go down because they are on Madrid's side. Independence, autonomy, self determination, whats that?

edit on 27-10-2017 by intrptr because: youtube

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Well, not long until the Helicopters with the White Phosphorous come now.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr
Yes, the EU angle to this is very telling as is the continual msm habit of parroting the Madrid line about the illegality of the democratic process.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Here's a report from ZeroHedge.
The vote was a total blowout: 70 yes, 10 no, 2 blank votes.

Madrid is gonna send in the tanks now. This is gonna be ugly.
edit on 27-10-2017 by AndyFromMichigan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Speaking as someone who has been on holiday in Catalonia quite a lot in the past I really, really, hope that this entire thing can be resolved amicably. Madrid has not behaved wisely at all, but the Separatists are riding their luck massively. I think that the best was of dealing with this is new elections as soon as possible in Catalonia.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

Yes, but there were a lot of abstentions, with opposition MPs walking out of the Catalan Parliament. It's very hard to get a decent idea of just how much support the Separatists have.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I wonder how Madrid feels about this...

edit on -050008am10kam by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

Yes, but there were a lot of abstentions, with opposition MPs walking out of the Catalan Parliament. It's very hard to get a decent idea of just how much support the Separatists have.

135 mp's in total, so even if all those who walked out would have voted no, it would still have passed and many would have had to abstain because their constituents would have been pro indy.
edit on 30pFri, 27 Oct 2017 08:56:30 -050020172017-10-27T08:56:30-05:00kAmerica/Chicago31000000k by SprocketUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

"What Catalans need protecting from is not Spanish imperialism, but a minority that, in an intolerant fashion, wants to submit everybody to the yoke of its secessionist doctrine," Rajoy said.

"Exceptional measures should only be adopted when no other remedy is possible. In my opinion there is no alternative."

This would mark the first time since the fall of dictator Francisco Franco in 1975 that the central government would directly control the affairs of one of Spain's 17 semi-autonomous regions.

Eyes turn to Madrid as Catalonia parliament votes for independence

#VivaFranco

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I wonder when ISIS moves in to help.

Or some other group comes in or another one starts up to start the terror attacks in Madrid.

CIA maybe?

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   

You can now go to Barcelona in order to :

Urinate on policemans.
Drive any speed you want downtown on the left side of the road or even on the sidewalk.
Smoke weed, snort coc aine on public places.
Kill people.
Rape, fight, steal, ...

Do whatever you want ! These morons forgot that there is no such as a country without a constitution ... What constituation will they rely on, the spanish one ? Then they are spanish ... thank you for playing. This move is just another proof that the will of independance is here more to satisfy the politicians than the expectations of the people.

For the record, since their independence process started, 1500 companies already relocated their headquarters outside Catalonia. They are shooting themselves in the foot.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Populist movement is rising all over the place, globalists are pissed!

This is major news.... hoping for no bloodshed but doubtful at the same time

edit on 27-10-2017 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

Populist movement is rising all over the place, globalists are pissed!

This is major news.... hoping for no bloodshed but doubtful at the same time

I agree. Good to see people power in action.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Well this sounds pretty ominous

Meanwhile, Spanish Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy has urged for calm, stating that the rule of law will be restored in Catalonia. “I ask for calm from all Spaniards. The rule of law will restore legality in Catalonia,” Rajoy tweeted.

source
edit on -050009am10kam by Ohanka because: spelling and broken link

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Funny you mentioned Hungary...

The EU's stand on Catalonia's independence was less than mute. Basically stepped back saying it should be resolved within. I wonder what the EU's stand will be when Hungary will want the 1920 Treaty of Trianon to be dismissed. And make no mistake if Catalonia gets independent, that will be the next problem for the EU...Interesting times ahead in Europe...

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
Yes, the EU angle to this is very telling as is the continual msm habit of parroting the Madrid line about the illegality of the democratic process.

The EU is quiet because the real authority is in the EU capital. Madrid is a puppet state. Some Spanish speaking people demand their own Republic. Should be interesting to see how they censor whats happening. Secret police, mass arrests, detention, reprisals, etc. Kind of difficult in the current era of cell phone cameras and internet.

So far it doesn't look good. Had to dig beyond the MSM 'watered down version' of events but found this. "Civil Guard" breaking into voting offices and beating up patrons in an effort to prevent voting prior to the referendum.

edit on 27-10-2017 by intrptr because: change

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   
The Spanish Senate has voted to impose direct rule on Catalonia.

Source

The Spanish Senate has approved invoking Constitutional Article 155, imposing direct Madrid rule on Catalonia. The move came minutes after the region’s parliament declared independence from Spain.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

Agreed , 43% of potential voters backing the vote is hardly a majority which is probably what Spain will focus on.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join