It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DNC head Tom Perez falsely claims Electoral College 'not a creation of the Constitution'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Baaahahaaahaahaha!

So the Chair of the DNC is just so full of hatred yet doesn't even understand the very thing he speaks about.

How do these people get elected to the positions or even by the public.

Democratic National Committee chairman Tom Perez incorrectly stated "the Electoral College is not a creation of the Constitution" during a Tuesday night speech.

"The Electoral College is not a creation of the Constitution," Perez said during a lecture at Indiana University Law School. "It doesn’t have to be there."

The Electoral College, a mechanism for indirect election of the president created by the Founding Fathers as a compromise between smaller states and larger states, is clearly laid out in Article II of the Constitution: "Each State shall appoint, in such Manner as the Legislature thereof may direct, a Number of Electors, equal to the whole Number of Senators and Representatives to which the State may be entitled in the Congress."

Perez has previously stated that President Donald Trump "didn’t win" last November’s election because Hillary Clinton won the popular vote, but he has never denied the fact that it is part of the Constitution.

The DNC did not respond to an inquiry into whether Perez truly thinks the "Electoral College is not a creation of the Constitution."

There are many educational resources available on the Internet that provide clear explanations of what is in the document, including many from the National Constitution Center, which was establishedby Congress to provide a "non-partisan … understanding of the Constitution among the American people."

That is really sad actually.

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Lol , yeah Dems tend to remember what they feel, not what is true.

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   

To a law school, no doubt.

A more spooky consideration....How many of those law students knew the difference? I shudder to think what the answer might be.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I think Perez was pushing an agenda that has been moving a little.

Maybe unConstitutional but.....

National Popular Vote Interstate Compact

Watch for this movement to gain big MSM "support".

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam

To a law school, no doubt.

A more spooky consideration....How many of those law students knew the difference? I shudder to think what the answer might be.

Yeah...that was the real kicker. I guess he just wants to believe so hard it becomes his truth.

Maybe that is the next agenda....if you believe it's real then it's real to you....

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Oh, it likely has something to do with umbras and penumbras and emanations and such.

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I heard he called Debbie Wasserman-Schultz to ask her if its true.
She said, "No, not true but say it anyway and some of the people will believe you"

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Talk about undermining the constitution....this should have people actually worried about the government enacting bypasses to get what they want.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66
She said, "No, not true but say it anyway and some of the people will believe you"

It doesn't look like the DNC is taking the rebuilding path that they ought to.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

Talk about undermining the constitution....this should have people actually worried about the government enacting bypasses to get what they want.

Until it backfires like a mack truck.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

It doesn't look like the DNC is taking the rebuilding path that they ought to.

They are clueless.
It's like the old saying "You can't fix it, if you don't know what's broken"....Everyone knows it's broken except them.
Like Hillary said on TV from another thread today "The GOP is imploding"
But the reality is, the DNC has imploded like Humpty Dumpty.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Quite bizarre the future of the USA...

The National Popular Vote Interstate Compact (NPVIC) is an agreement among a group of U.S. states and the District of Columbia to award all their respective electoral votes to whichever presidential candidate wins the overall popular vote in the 50 states and the District of Columbia.

The compact is designed to ensure that the candidate who wins the most popular votes is elected president, and it will come into effect only when it will guarantee that outcome.[2][3]

As of September 2017, it has been adopted by ten states and the District of Columbia. Together, they have 165 electoral votes, which is 30.7% of the total Electoral College and 61.1% of the votes needed to give the compact legal force.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   
The DNC
"One foot in the grave , and the other on a banana peel"

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   

It's not like his base has any clue any way.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   

You know whats really really sad. You posted no source and people are taking this as fact.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

www.foxnews.com...

You're welcome.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle

You know whats really really sad. You posted no source and people are taking this as fact.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   

"And if they don't believe you, just tell them they're violating the rules and should expect that there will be consequences."

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   

I thought Tom Perez was fired for not delivering any local elections for Democrats this year.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   

There is an easy solution that will satisfy the Democrats:

'In every 4-year POTUS election cycle, if the DNC candidate wins the popular vote then the EC count is not used to determine which candidate is the new POTUS, if, however, the DNC candidate does not win the popular vote, then the EC count is used to determine who is the winner of the POTUS vote'.

That way they can have their cake and eat it too.

[shakes head/rolls eyes/departs thread]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join