It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After Death, You’re Aware That You’ve Died, Say Scientists

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   
There are a lot of politicians out there that are brain dead I'm not sure they are aware of the fact. a reply to: bgerbger

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: 0bserver1

Man... You hit on it. It isn't life that matters... But where we originated, where we go, and how the soul moves point to point to point.. is the real deal.

Good answer!

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Why do you think there's so much wars through history those who wage them already know..
So they're always in advance in every confrontation.

The only uncertainty is that one doesn't know wich reality one will end.

However I do think a hell awaits for those corrupting human life..
edit on 0b35America/ChicagoThu, 26 Oct 2017 12:32:35 -0500vAmerica/ChicagoThu, 26 Oct 2017 12:32:35 -05001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Dude if you drowned and were floating to the bottom of the ocean with your brain still alive, you'd pretty much know you're dead.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: LanceCorvette
Strictly speaking, I would know that I was nearly dead.
Perhaps the distinction is best expressed in Latin.
I would not be MORTUUS, but I would know that I was MORITURUS.
Does that help?

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: 0bserver1

I've heard it said... This LIFE is Hell. to get stuck here over and over... until we get it right.

That's always stuck with me..

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard
a reply to: bgerbger

The hyper- surge doesn't last hours though, only the residual light brain wave activity?

One issue that the scientists may gloss conveniently over is how NDE experiencers can witness things outside of any potential sensory input - down a hall behind heavy doors or see a relative coming in on an airplane, etc. accurately.

Doesn't that prove a viable alternative sensory consciousness outside of brain function? I think birth and death are very much the same thing. So that is my own bias.

Thanks for posting!

There is still the possibility that the brain contains it own energy reserves. Each cell can actually use up it's own synapse connections as a source of energy. They actually remember their original configuration and restore those connections later on.

Perhaps the brain is capable of receiving and processing frequencies of the electromagnetic spectrum that we don't normally perceive. Consider Iron in Haemoglobin. It can be in one of two states; oxygenated (light red), and unoxygenated (dark red). Between these two states , there are different electromagnetic absorption and emission spectra. These are different for visible light.

biochimica.bio.uniroma1.it...

A brain free from regular information input and in a quiet state could work like a supercooled thermal sensor. Perhaps this could transfer information to retinal cells through electron bond state changes.

I once had to take a blood sugar level test at my local GP. That involved traveling across the city at rush hour having got up at 6am and not eating anything. Needless to say, I lost consciousness. Trippy thing was that I saw the nurses walking around but only as their major blood vessels (in green/red).

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Philosophers are right as far as death not being an experience because death is the end of human awareness. Followed by numerous unprovable beliefs including nothingness. I believe the headline to be misleading. If there is any awareness then one is technically still alive. This would be the experience of dying, not death (because impossible). If ever proven then it could change our understanding in when death is determined. In other words...The science behind the story could be true, but the headline is only to catch peoples attention.
This is my first time on this site and meant this to be a reply to an earlier comment I agreed with but added my thought.
edit on 26-10-2017 by JRV83 because: Meant to be a reply to another comment

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   
"If you believe in a wonderful life after death, then why do you wear a seatbelt?"
-- Doug Stanhope

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   

The brain activity could explain why when I catch field mice in the traps outside, even though they're dead , their eyes are really big and wide open.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Yes.

Semper ubi sub ubi.

Does that help?

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Where the physical ends the mental begins...

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Those who have passed away arrive in dreams, often.

What are dreams?

I think we have a lot to learn.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

To answer your first question... The "soul" isn't relevant to the experiments done on rats in the article. Although the story's idea is interesting, the headline is misleading. I briefly read the article last night. I'm uncertain if you were able to read the full story. Ultimately the main goal is to save more lives, by improving resuscitation techniques. They are basically trying to prove that the current understanding of when ones dies isn't accurate and want a more precise time.
Your other question.... This would be described as unconsciousness or altered stated. Getting knocked out, fainting, general anesthesia, hypnosis (arguably) lack of oxygen, etc. All these can possibly give you that "fuzz" feeling you described. So you would still have awareness but might not remember once recovered. As far as spiritually, I believe those are the answers best sought out themselves because I believe in tangible evidence. In my opinion what's tangible to one may not be tangible to another. Example, you may the sense a loved ones soul leaving at the time of death. While others may not of had such experience. I hope that helps in any way, as I understand what it's like to feel spiritually confused.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
Strictly speaking, if the brain has awareness, then it hasn't died yet. So awareness of "having died" would not be possible. (That is why philosophers say "Death is not an experience".)

Sounds horrible to be aware you're dead, unable to move or speak. Knowing you're being wheeled down to the morgue. Laying there for hours in the morgue. If it takes hours.

--------

As a side note. I will mention I have a half dead brain . The right side of my brain lost billions of nuerons or whatever happens when your brain dies. I had a stroke a few years ago, my brain will it ever recover. I can still function, thinking-wise obviously. I just can't use my opposite side; paralyzed. No motor skills.I can speak and see out of both eyes, but cannot move one eyelid. I can feel if I'm being touched on the affected side. I feel pain, heat, cold. Most people think I have no feeling.

It did come on gradually over a matter of hours before I realized I was not well and noticed I was limp and useless. I was very aware of my surroundings, just couldn't function mobility wise.

-----

So I'm always interested to read about full brain death. I'm only here to tell " half" the story of how it feels. Might not be the same, but how is it not though? Maybe the brain stem needs to go to be completely useless. Or the spinal chord.

One thing to note is the brain death makes you disassociate with the body parts that no longer function. The affected side that is useless doesn't feel like it belongs to me. That was very strange . I had to train myself or be trained to "remember it". Like I would go around smashing my arm into a doorway wondering why I couldn't get through. I ignored things on my bad side. Couldn't see things, even though my peripheral vision was fully functional. I just tuned them out.

So with that part happening, I wonder if the full brain death makes you tune some things out or your entire body doesn't feel like it's yours and quite possibly that explains the feeling of Having left one's body? At the same time though I experience the phantom limb syndrome often associated with amputees. That's also very strange.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: violet
My mother had a stroke on that side. Left speech unaffected, but killed off her artistic skills (according to her own judgement). I hope you are finding support as dedicated as my father was.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
a reply to: violet
My mother had a stroke on that side. Left speech unaffected, but killed off her artistic skills (according to her own judgement). I hope you are finding support as dedicated as my father was.

I'm doing ok thank you.

Everybody is affected differently. There was a guy on my floor , his was the opposite side, he couldn't say a word. another lady could walk around but was completely blind.

Fortunately, I don't feel I lost my artistic skills. I'm still very creative and it's my hobby to do creative things to pass the time.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   
So brain activity continues for quite some time after physical death, but, what does a person, like a islamic terrorist who blows himself to oblivion experience if the brain is ..... gone.... and please don't say "72 virgins"

My question is, what is the purpose that all that activity in the brain commencing at death, why does the brain release d..m..t to make you "feel good"...... why bother at all, you're going to be dead anyways.

edit on 26-10-2017 by Village Idiot because: no drug use

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Those are not religions.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   

I don't know why this is being reported as 'news'. It's been known - or at least strongly suspected - for a very long time that consciousness takes a certain time to fade out post mortem.

The following report was written by Dr. Beaurieux, who experimented with the head of a condemned prisoner by the name of Henri Languille, on 28 June 1905:

Here, then, is what I was able to note immediately after the decapitation: the eyelids and lips of the guillotined man worked in irregularly rhythmic contractions for about five or six seconds. This phenomenon has been remarked by all those finding themselves in the same conditions as myself for observing what happens after the severing of the neck ...

I waited for several seconds. The spasmodic movements ceased. [...] It was then that I called in a strong, sharp voice: "Languille!" I saw the eyelids slowly lift up, without any spasmodic contractions – I insist advisedly on this peculiarity – but with an even movement, quite distinct and normal, such as happens in everyday life, with people awakened or torn from their thoughts.

Next Languille's eyes very definitely fixed themselves on mine and the pupils focused themselves. I was not, then, dealing with the sort of vague dull look without any expression, that can be observed any day in dying people to whom one speaks: I was dealing with undeniably living eyes which were looking at me. After several seconds, the eyelids closed again [...].

It was at that point that I called out again and, once more, without any spasm, slowly, the eyelids lifted and undeniably living eyes fixed themselves on mine with perhaps even more penetration than the first time. Then there was a further closing of the eyelids, but now less complete. I attempted the effect of a third call; there was no further movement – and the eyes took on the glazed look which they have in the dead.
en.wikipedia.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join