It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking for a book or Short Story Title I've forgotton.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 01:30 AM
link   
I read a book or short story a few weeks ago and now I can't remember the title.
It's a story about a young aristocratic boy in post Paris occupation, who mets a teacher who trains him in esoteric matters. He is also referred to other teachers, one from India, one from China and one from Syria. His mother was in business for herself. The family moved to Damascus, where the boy and his sister were enrolled in a private school.
Does this story ring any bells with anyone?
edit on 26-10-2017 by davido because: Initial Post Error

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 01:32 AM
link   
a reply to: davido

I uhh.......I am not sure how to help you, looks like you clicked create post, and then just hit create without removing the ATS thread instructions.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 01:41 AM
link   
a reply to: SailorJerry
Slow connection and I hit reload.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 01:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: davido
Slow connection and I hit reload.

Gotcha buddy, flagging this post sounds like a great read!

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 01:59 AM
link   

It's a delightful story. I can't remember whether I read it on the web or an ebook . I have scoured my laptop with grep to no avail. I believe there was a part in it where the 'Master' built an apartment building for displaced people in one night. Towards the end the boy meets an alchemist. His Arabian teacher knows how to trans-locate. I am looking for the book in reference to the magical apartment building. I am writing a little something about Melusine, who in legend built castles in one day for her newly betrothed.

Thanks

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 02:52 AM
link   
I have searched under similar circumstance of a foggy memory as to a title. I went to the library and asked the woman there. She and a couple others knew right away. Just a suggestion.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 03:35 AM
link   
though the bunch here at ATS is....ofcourse.....known to be......is surely a well read bunch

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: davido

I don't think that it's this, but searching for your lost story made me come across this, and it sounds interesting.

The Last Days of New Paris

new topics

top topics

join