It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Richard Spencer speech at Florida campus sparks mass protest (live stream)

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: luthier
a reply to: ketsuko

True. This is the first time I have seen the right allow some bonkers spokesman like milo.

Allow?

Now we're "allowing" people to speak?

I wasn't aware that free speech needed permission.

I don't think that was what he meant. He can speak for himself but I believe he was alluding to right-wing political correctness not kicking in against Milo. You know, like how when a Republican veers too far from conservative orthodoxy and is labeled a "RINO?"

Yep. More like no this jerk ain't with us. You can't speak at our convention or become an editor at our newspaper.

The left has the problem of youth and idealism as a natural coming of age deal.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Ha, ha, I don't really have to ask, I know! Unfortunately, its probably only going to get worse.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

foreignpolicy.com...

Do we consider this a lot or even slightly troublesome? These 16 years sounds like a typical couple of weekends in Chicago alone?

The FBI, on the other hand, has already concluded that white supremacists, including neo-Nazi supporters and members of the Ku Klux Klan, are in fact responsible for the lion’s share of violent attacks among domestic extremist groups. White supremacists “were responsible for 49 homicides in 26 attacks from 2000 to 2016

Wow OK yeah same thing.

Your right. No big deal.

A natonal network of people who want to harm jews, blacks, catholics etc no big deal..why even monitor it

edit on 19-10-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

foreignpolicy.com...

Do we consider this a lot or even slightly troublesome? These 16 years sounds like a typical couple of weekends in Chicago alone?

The FBI, on the other hand, has already concluded that white supremacists, including neo-Nazi supporters and members of the Ku Klux Klan, are in fact responsible for the lion’s share of violent attacks among domestic extremist groups. White supremacists “were responsible for 49 homicides in 26 attacks from 2000 to 2016

Wow OK yeah same thing.

Your right. No big deal.

A natonal network of people who want to harm jews, blacks, catholics etc no big deal..why even monitor it

I think the point is that it seems convenient that many on the left ignore the fact that their house is on fire while yelling at their neighbor for smoking on the porch.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

That doesn't sound like what he said at all..

Maybe they should look into the role of government in enabling gangs in Chicago...the most corrupt city in the western world for about 100 years.

A city where the police are also the criminals laundering money and murder for hire.

It ain't a left right problem. It's a problem.

As an independant I really don't care to have a partisan debate over which is worse. I can tell you one targets a more diverse group that is for sure.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
To be fair, you're serving it up like a beach ball today so it makes it easy.

Nazis are just naturally amusing to me so they kinda make it easy themselves.

edit on 19-10-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: 👁️ 💓 🧀 🍕

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa
As long as you circumnavigate properly on the way out.

This was more of a Nazi go east as opposed to a Masonic go east.

Although you'll get some who think it's the same.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Part of your problem is that you think I am being "touchy" about this.

For a very long time, all we've seen anywhere in the mainstream is the left, including the childish ones like Maddow and Olberman (who did finally go overboard enough that he was dropped).

But when people finally start to see some of the same bombastic style from the right make it into the mainstream, they see how grating it gets. If you don't like it, then we need to recognize it as a problem, on both ends, not just one or the other. If we can't understand that either everyone reigns it in or no one has to, then it serves no purpose for just one group to reign it in.

The thing you may not understand is if you lean one way or the other, the bomb-throwers to the way you lean don't seem as bad or as irritating or as "childish" to use your word for it. They just plain seem more reasonable, and that's primarily because you tend to agree with them more and not because they may actually be that way.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   

a reply to: theantediluvian

I always thought laughing at him and maybe mocking him with vulgar puppets would be a fun way to go.

But monster energy drinks have really messed things up for college kids today.

Your not supposed to have information like that!!

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   

I think that says a lot about how you think.

Personally I am socially liberal and a fiscal conservative. A conservative with government.

Yet I have always seen the far left as rediculous. Insane at times. I have always seen bigots and xenophobia as rediculous.

I think in reality the vast majority of people are a mix of conservative and liberal ideas.

I like Shapiro. I don't agree with him everywhere but the guy gets that the reactive right is every bit a stupid as what they are reacting from.

It reminds of Twain.

Be careful about arguing with an idiot in public, the observer can't tell who is who.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikell

a reply to: theantediluvian

I always thought laughing at him and maybe mocking him with vulgar puppets would be a fun way to go.

But monster energy drinks have really messed things up for college kids today.

Your not supposed to have information like that!!

I only drink booty sweat from Alpa chino
edit on 19-10-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Wow OK yeah same thing.

Your right. No big deal.

I don't know you tell me...Out of 270,000 murders 49 were from White supremacists during 2000 -2016 (FBI). I would say in EVERY murder there is always some reason the person wants to murder the other person.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   

I'm telling you what's there.

I don't like listening to Maddow because she irritates the crap out of me. You feel the same about Milo. I don't go out of my way to watch Maddow. You don't pay to see Milo speak.

Of course, I could pull page from the left's book and accuse you of sexism for thinking I'm being an emotional, irrational female on this, but this is simply how I see it. If I don't want to listen to a right wing talker on the radio, I don't turn the dial to those stations, and I know where they are. If I don't want to see Maddow, I don't turn to MSNBC. If I don't want to listen to Milo, I don't look for him on YouTube, read Breitbart, or pay for one of his speeches.

I'm not sure why this function of self-censoring is so troublesome for you that you seem to want me to go out of my way to try to remove Milo from the list above. I don't have to. I'm already not paying any real attention to him outside threads like these, but you seem to think I ought to do more about him (and only him)?

Why?
edit on 19-10-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

So you don't judge intent?

Innocent people in a drone strike is the same as a suicide bomber?

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Lol. So you want to be the same as Maddow.

I get it trust me.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Maybe they should look into the role of government in enabling gangs in Chicago...the most corrupt city in the western world for about 100 years.

A city where the police are also the criminals laundering money and murder for hire.

It ain't a left right problem. It's a problem.

As an independant I really don't care to have a partisan debate over which is worse. I can tell you one targets a more diverse group that is for sure.

Cops typically mirror the society they live and work in. High crime areas have a much different type of cop than in low crime areas. If an area is basically bad I don't expect the cops to be very good...

edit on 19-10-2017 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Lol. So you want to be the same as Maddow.

I get it trust me.

What on earth are you talking about?

One of us isn't making any sense, and it's not me.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

So what is the problem in your mind? The crime demographic has changed in that city over that time. Is it the governance or the people. The chicken or the egg?

At what point should neo naxos be monitored? Another couple mass shootings? Or when they reach Chicago gang warfare numbers?

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Well you justify one stupid behavior with another right?

Maddow does it so why not milo? Why not become the opposite stupid idea that makes sense right?

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   

A city disarmed, where the government has all but removed the 2nd Amendment rights of the law abiding to protect themselves from society's dregs, leading us to the urban hell we see every weekend on the news...

ETA: In regards to your final comment, one may verbally target particular groups and experience relatively rare actions from some nutter, but the other simply mows down anyone unlucky enough to walk in front of their targets.
edit on 19-10-2017 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join