It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Richard Spencer speech at Florida campus sparks mass protest (live stream)

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier
a reply to: ketsuko

Well you justify one stupid behavior with another right?

Maddow does it so why not milo? Why not become the opposite stupid idea that makes sense right?

No, I'm saying why are you so upset over the one when the others exist. Why the over-riding need to suddenly reign in one while ignoring all the rest?

Either we reign in all of them or we're really just pushing to censor one point of view because you don't like how it gets presented or you don't it.

And you haven't addressed the point about why you don't seem capable of self-censorship. I do it. Why can't you?

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: luthier

A city disarmed, where the government has all but removed the 2nd Amendment rights of the law abiding to protect themselves from society's dregs, leading us to the urban hell we see every weekend on the news...

Chicago being a major problem the liberals don't want to deal with does not mean other problems aren't problems.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: luthier

A city disarmed, where the government has all but removed the 2nd Amendment rights of the law abiding to protect themselves from society's dregs, leading us to the urban hell we see every weekend on the news...

Chicago being a major problem the liberals don't want to deal with does not mean other problems aren't problems.

Problems are properly addressed based on severity. If you had a bullet wound in your chest and a splinter in your thumb, which would you expect the emergency room doctors to tackle first?

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

No kidding we rein in all of them. Everything I post on ats says this.

Your making a strawman because your soused to fighting democrats.

However. I was a registered republican until they sold my name for being one and I have voted that way quite often. I feel like changing the views of those closer to me is a better solution.

By the way on this very thread in our very conversation I have called out the left in nearly every post to you.
edit on 19-10-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I disagree. That is not a great analogy. You can fix Chicago and monitor white power terrorists.

Chicago starts with government and police reform. The cops are very dirty and it makes solving the issue pretty tough. That and the lack of will from politics.

Trump seems to have forgotten all about Chicago.

In Chicago criminals more often than not kill other criminals innocent people do get killed often, in domestic terror people in church, daycares, work get killed

Why bother going after Muslim extremism. When there is Chicago right?

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Someone has a different opinion? Oh my god call the police, how dare he.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   

So you don't judge intent?

Innocent people in a drone strike is the same as a suicide bomber?

I'm not sure your point... Legally, murder is the unlawful killing of another person with malice aforethought. Malice aforethought means that the murderer intended to kill...

Innocent people in a drone strike
is not murder, is it however homicide with many different intents, some even legal and justifiable.

Homicides can be divided into many overlapping legal categories, including murder, manslaughter, justifiable homicide, killing in war, euthanasia, and capital punishment, depending on the circumstances of the death.

I said out of 270,000 MURDERS 49 were from White supremacists...the intent was the same in the 49 or 270,000...

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

That is incorrect by legal definition. Intent is different in homicides.

The planning of shooting Jews in a community center is different than killing a guy your boss tells you to kill over turf. Both legally and philosophically.

link   
So, after today. . . .

Who still supports the 1st Amendment?

link   

Trump seems to have forgotten all about Chicago.

Obama did for 8 years and he is from there...lets give Trump a little more time shall we...lol

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Yes Obama did fail his community. But he also didn't say he would fix the problem in 6 months.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
a reply to: theantediluvian

Spencer and his ilk are doing more to motivate, unify, and fire up the left, minorities, and young voters, more than anyone can imagine.

Let Spencer spread his message of hate everywhere he wants to speak. Let's see what happens....

Tempest in a teapot?

I've been liking that saying recently.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   
It's funny that it's very hard to have a debate about this. People feel so strongly.

Can ISIS have free speech?

The Latin Kings?

What is the line?

I particularly enjoy the debate but people mistake it for some kind of authoritarianism.

Can you set up a protest outside a Jewish bakery to stop their customers if it's a public space and you have permits?

Can I send out little Richard Spencers everywhere to trigger college kids outside Jewish bakers?

What about after 911 can Muslims hold free speech rallies in central park to talk about victory?

I guess the answer is yes as uncomfortable as it is.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   

I guess the answer is yes as uncomfortable as it is.

Freedom is seldom comfortable.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   

That is incorrect by legal definition. Intent is different in homicides.

I said...

"homicide with many different intents, some even legal and justifiable."

How is that not just what you said above, but also incorrect...lol I'm confused now...

The planning of shooting Jews in a community center is different than killing a guy your boss tells you to kill over turf. Both legally and philosophically.

OK, both are murder right, both have the intent to kill, right? the NV shooter had a different intent then the Jewish community center shooter did so does that make one intent worst than the other when both have the same results?

For some reason I feel you are saying that the intent of white supremacist in killing 49 people over 16 years is worst than the 270,000 murders over the same years...

edit on 19-10-2017 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Nope. Just pointing out two entirely different problems. With entirely different reasons and entirely different motives.

Are you more likely to get shot by a gang member in a city you dont live and don't travel to or a psycho off or on the wrong meds in your town?

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Nope. Just pointing out two entirely different problems. With entirely different reasons and entirely different motives. Are you more likely to get shot by a gang member in a city you dont live and don't travel to or a psycho off or on the wrong meds in your town?

OK...I can play.... Are you more likely to be killed by a white supremacist, or by a non-white supremacist even if you fit in any one of their hated group? Hell, even if some white supremacist live in your town too...

edit on 19-10-2017 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
So, after today. . . .

Who still supports the 1st Amendment?

I do and the 2nd as well. One well armed snowflake with a CC permit and the same with my lady..
edit on 19-10-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

originally posted by: olaru12
a reply to: theantediluvian

Spencer and his ilk are doing more to motivate, unify, and fire up the left, minorities, and young voters, more than anyone can imagine.

Let Spencer spread his message of hate everywhere he wants to speak. Let's see what happens....

Tempest in a teapot?

I've been liking that saying recently.

Did you see the number of libs in attendance vs the Nazi scum?

50 to 1

Looks like the tempest is out of the Teapot, And has had enough of the altright white supremacist "Jews will not replace us" nonsense.

www.rawstory.com...

edit on 19-10-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   

It depends how far you let a plan that could be thwarted go. I wonder how many plans get stopped you never here of because of the monitoring?

Are you more likely to be killed by a Muslim terrorist or a non Muslim?

Guess there is no reason to track extremists when there is Chicago. ...

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join