It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do Aliens believe in?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I have often wondered if we met a alien race what would they believe in. How would they see interpret all this.Do they believe in a Creator or God?if their believes differed from ours, what would that mean for us. Anybody care to shed additional light as to the belief of aliens?

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: DpatC

That humans are foolish and dangerous entities.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   

They are alien to us how would we know?

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   

That's the thing being more advanced the concept of thinking is irrelevant
edit on 17-10-2017 by terces2029 because: spelling

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   
All is the Queen. The Queen creates life and we work to sustain the Queen. We have built huge interstellar spaceships to seek out new resources for the glory of the Queen. We are in agreement. We are of one mind.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   

The same deity we do.

Only theirs looks weird and speaks whale.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Ooo goody all the responders are other worlders.

Being a Earth born hybrid, my beliefs are dynamic and fluid.

Ideas like the golden rule are more solidly integrated into my actions and behaviors, but my exact beliefs revolve around uncertainty priciples, probabilities, empirical study, abstraction, etc.

In terms of deities and powerful beings, id say my current understanding and subsequent belief system is similar to that of the movie series Star Wars and the "Jedi".

edit on 17-10-2017 by CreationBro because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I kind of look at it as if they were trying to talk to us, just as we talk to cows.
"Moo...." (awaiting 'intelligent' response).
edit on 17-10-2017 by charlyv because: s

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   
You might find this interesting. Further in the book it gives information on what we would call aliens. Though their not quite what you would expect.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Humans are good
We have a book called .....
"How to Serve Man"
Let those that know , heed this.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   

I doubt religion survives intersolar travel..once you can look down to the atom and too the far reaches of the universe and still can’t find ANY proof or even evidence for a god. I don’t think religion survives.

Right now I think 85+% of still living nobel prize winners in the sciences are atheist/agnostic.

Once every human has their understanding of the universe, religion dies.

edit on 17-10-2017 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Well obviously they didn't let belief in religious parables get in the way of science.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Maybe they are in a sense, just as lost as we are.
And They too are searching for their reason of being.
Travelling the galaxy looking for clues or ciphers of what other life forms believe in.

Maybe they're not all that different from us.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   
If they are advanced enough to travel throughout the galaxy (or dimensions), I'd suspect they have grown far beyond the need for a mythical being to explain everything

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   

That there must be intelligence behind the configuration of the Physics of this universe.

If there were no such initial configurator, then the arising and ascendence of intelligence in the universe must inevitably lead to such a hyperintelligence over vast (universal) time.

That the achievement of supremacy over every thing else in the universe, by this hyperintelligent entity, would mean that it/they would not be temporally limited. Such an entity is likely to go back in time and 'pre-configure' a universe of its preference, one from which it is assured to arise and take ascendency.

As 'intelligence' it is a prerequisite for this entity to exist, the entity would be significantly interested in all intelligent species (which may either contribute to its arising, or resist its arising). This means that it would most likely interfere in the progress of those intelligent species to achieve its desired outcomes.

An advanced alien would be aware that the hyperintelligent entity would be 'alien' even to it. This does not mean that the alien species could not have been one of the intelligent species that contributed to the hyperintelligent entity. Nor does it mean that our species may not have contributed. I would suspect that to 'grow' a significantly hyperintelligent entity would require the input of many frames of experience (i.e: from many species).

To believe otherwise is irrational.

edit on 17/10/2017 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: vlawde

Or they actually figured out the right god and they use prayers to to power their ships!!

:p

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: DpatC
I have often wondered if we met a alien race what would they believe in. How would they see interpret all this.Do they believe in a Creator or God?if their believes differed from ours, what would that mean for us. Anybody care to shed additional light as to the belief of aliens?

Read some sci-fi to get some perspective extraterrestrial motives and culture can in theory be all over the place.

Are the ET's explorers, colonizers, are their motives completely outside any human context?

What is their biology? Are they humanoid or some other form? Are they even organic or could they be machine based life?

If you really got the time you should check out isac arthur's channel that deals with several of these sort of topics.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

I doubt religion survives intersolar travel..once you can look down to the atom and too the far reaches of the universe and still can’t find ANY proof or even evidence for a god. I don’t think religion survives.

Right now I think 85+% of still living nobel prize winners in the sciences are atheist/agnostic.

Once every human has their understanding of the universe, religion dies.

Nope.

Nobel Prizes have been awarded to 881 individuals. According to '100 Years of Nobel Prize' (2005), a review of Nobel prizes awarded between 1901 and 2000, 65.4% of Nobel Prize Laureates, have identified Christianity in its various forms as their religious preference (427 prizes).

This means that the truth is that the majority of Nobel Prize winners have a religious belief of some sort.

It is easy to check your facts prior to posting.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: vlawde
If they are advanced enough to travel throughout the galaxy (or dimensions), I'd suspect they have grown far beyond the need for a mythical being to explain everything

Why?

Do you have a line of reasoning or any objective evidence to support your statement?

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: CraftBuilder
Well obviously they didn't let belief in religious parables get in the way of science.

What if the ETs had a strong religious ideology and believed it was their duty to spread it through the universe?

Perhaps they were from some backwater planet of some empire and as that empire declined they inherited the technology of interstellar travel yet they still held primitive religious beliefs and felt it was their duty to spread it through whatever means necessary even through technology acquired from the empire that once held power over them.

Maybe they show up one day on earth with technology superior to ours but with a backward religious ideology.

What if they deliver an ultimatum of convert or feel our wrath?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join