It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do Aliens believe in?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 01:17 AM
link   
What do aliens believe in?

"Don't Panic", and "Mostly Harmless" come to mind instantly.

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: DpatC

originally posted by: TheOnlyBilko

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

Once every human has their understanding of the universe, religion dies.

We can only hope

Thats strange as I would have thought that an understanding of creation would actually lead to deeper religious thought and insight

That's my opinion as well. I'm not "religious" in the monolithic, man run church type of way or I dont subscribe to any official magic book - I can't discount the possibility that the universe seems to be too perfectly arranged and constructed to make any sense of "random explosion = universe". It just doesn't make any sense and some of the "sacred geometry" and math really , REALLY makes you think. In fact the more I learn and the older I get the more I start to lean towards there very well could be a creator deity of some kind. Maybe the universe itself is a living thing, Im not going to pretend to know but its definitely really weird and full of convenient coincidences.

As far as I know (I could be wrong) didn't Tesla, Einstein and others have a similar theory ? Not of the christian or jewish version of "God" in any particular sense but that there is some kind of energy or force essentially running the universe to some end.

I try not to spend too much time worrying about it since people have been doing this for 300k years and so far nobody has figured it out. Chances are pretty good it won't be me lol.

As far as aliens go - to speculate on ANYTHING like that is just silly to me. There's no possible way to know how they think, if they think at all (maybe they're autonomous like robots or insect hives or something), they may not even have emotions theres so many variables and possibilities its impossible to even speculate really. Might be fun to do lol but I think its silly.

It is my opinion though that whatever the hell they're doing here, it isn't necessarily benevolent if not the opposite.

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Wow - English not you're first language; and you got starred for this?

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: DpatC

It wouldnt really faze me what they believed in - I would be more interested in how they power their spaceship

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Way to deflect when you were called out on your fake statistic

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Many very intelligent people use science as a way to seek out the fingerprints of God.

Am I intelligent in looking for the bellybutton of God?

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

im sure there are aliens with a hive mentality!

sounds a fair shout!

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

what if they powered it with God?

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnsSon

Well if we take it to the extreme everything comes from "source" the unknowable "god", so yes

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join